Chapter 25

My Guardians

“Why couldn’t anyone tell us?” KwangMi asked. Lay just shrugged.

“How did you find this?” KwangMi asked trying to keep her cool.

“Suho hyung gave it to me.” Lay answered.

“Suho Oppa? Did he know the whole time?!” KwangMi asked, obviously jumping to conclusions. Lay shrugged again. KwangMi got up and started to leave the room, but Lay stopped her.

“Wait.” Lay said grabbing her wrist. “Why are you so mad? Is being my sister really that bad?” KwangMi turned around, stunned at his words. She hadn’t even noticed that she was offending Lay.

“No, I didn’t mean it like that Lay.” KwangMi relaxed. Lay loosened his grip on KwangMi’s wrist.

“I don’t usually act like this. I don’t know what just got into me.” Lay said stunned and sat on the bed. Lay was level-headed and didn’t lose his temper easily. KwangMi knew that and softened. She knelt down near him.

“Mianhae Lay Oppa. It’s just, I don’t like being lied to, and knowing that I didn’t lose all my family is a bit over whelming. I lived thinking my father left me for a better life and left my mother and me with the hardships of life. Knowing that my father was really a kind, gentle person who just wanted to protect us changed my way of seeing my life.” KwangMi’s eyes were brimmed with tears but she held them back. Lay gestured for her to sit next to him and she did so.

“I never knew my parents.” Lay started to speak up. “All my memories started in the training room of Prince Myungsoo’s castle. I was told that both my parents died from a Striker attack, so I was the next person from my family to do the same thing. Discovering that I’m half human and vampire royalty… it seems impossible.” Lay didn’t usually talk about his pat, mostly because he didn’t know much of it. He didn’t get emotional when he talked about his past, because there was nothing in particular to get emotional about, but somehow, for some reason tears were forming in his eyes.

“O-Oppa, gwenchana?” Kwangmi asked shocked. “U-uljimalayo~.” KwangMi tried to comfort Lay. Lay wiped any tears that were bound to fall away. He gave KwangMi a reassuring smile.

“It’s nice to know that I come from somewhere and that I still have some family here with me.” Lay her head. KwangMi smiled back. KwangMi looked at the letter and played with it in her hand.

“Hold on. If there is a letter for me, shouldn’t there be a letter for you as well?” Lay thought out loud. KwangMi shrugged.

“What would be in the letter anyway? I know my past and Appa must’ve guessed that I would’ve become Queen.”

“But… still… I wanna ask Suho if he has anything for you.” Lay said getting up. He started to leave, but saw KwangMi wasn’t following him.

“Come on KwangMi~. It is about you after all.” Lay called for her. KwangMi hesitantly followed Lay a bit nervous.

 ‘What if he really didn’t have anything to say to me?’ KwangMi sadly thought. Lay smiled and ruffled her hair knowing what she was thinking.

“He had to have written something for you; you’re his daughter.” Lay said trying to cheer her up. KwangMi gave him a weak smile, keeping that thought in mind. Lay knocked on the door to Suho’s room. No one opened the door.

“Shouldn’t Sehun be in there though?” Lay asked.

“Well, I was with Sehun Oppa before. He was in the living room when I left him. Maybe Suho’s down in the kitchen helping D.O Oppa.” KwangMi said.

“True. Suho hasn’t done any of his chores for the day.” Lay said and they walked down to the kitchen. They could hear D.O scolding Suho from the stairs.

“D.O Oppa~ Don’t be mean to your hyung just because you’re an Umma!” KwangMi said from the entrance of the kitchen. Suho chuckled. D.O sneered.

“Maybe if he did his chores on time I would have to.” D.O shot Suho a glare.

“But he’s the leader; chores aren’t the only thing he has to do.” KwangMi pointed out. D.O sighed.

“Arraso, arraso.” He ruffled her hair.

“Come on Suho, I’ll save you from the scary Umma~!” KwangMi said running to Suho and taking his hand. D.O scoffed.

“So, he’s not doing any of his chores today?”

“Maybe~” KwangMi said walking out of the room. She made hearts for D.O with her hands as she left.

“You’re lucky I love you.” D.O said under his breath as he continued to clean.


Sorry for the late updates. I'm having a bit of writer's block, but it's slowly dissolving... I'm sorry~!

 

But I have a request. One of my friends asked me to ask you guys who your favorite Exo member was. So, there's a link to a poll below. You can pick more than one... But don't pick all of them please~ Thank you~!! Hehe, my biases are Suho, D.O, Luhan and Chen >.<

http://www.learnmyself.com/poll86686x8e45382a