Author's Note

Captured Silence

Hey everyone!

 

 

If you happened to read my other fanfiction Hole in your Face-- and no, I am not advertising even though it is clearly linked-- then you would know that I tend to write a long author's note at the end of the story full of so much irrelevant information.

Again, I basically wrote this story for myself, wanting to try out other genres from your usual romantic comedies or angsty tragedies. Well, I guess this counts as a tragedy for Kyung Ae, but this was mostly suspense. I don't believe I pulled the genre off to well though, since it didn't exactly give me the chills when writing like Hole in your Face did. Maybe it's just because I'm a er for stories with cheating. I don't know. I think I'm rambling too much now. I just wanted to try out a new genre. That's all.

This is the first time I wrote a suspense, and will probably be the last time. I seriously don't think this genre is for me, but if you guys think I pulled it off well, then I guess I could give it a try again. Maybe with Myungsoo. But I'm kind ofagainst having him be such a ed up character like Byunghun was. So mehhh. We'll see. We'll see. It's ultimately your decision if you guys liked it or not.

I, myself, think I did a very good job portraying each character's emotions. I'm sure you're all wondering why L. Joe was so caught up in smiling all the time. Well it's pretty simple actually. He's just super ed up, being purely mental and psychotic and bipolar all at the same time. Plus, I wanted it to have a special connection with the contest I entered it in called Just Smile. That's also why I thought it was a pretty cool idea to end the story with the title's name. (I hope I get points for that. LOL.)

Sanghee was quite an interesting character actually. I never intended for her to be such a wimpy , but I guess it just happened that way with her fiesty instructor and all. I guess I portrayed her as the character with a life lesson, to stand up for yourself or you will always get ed around. That's also why I had her stuttering like half the time. She's those types of people who really have a hard time talking in fear that they'll be scolded at. So that's all the instructor's fault. God, I hated her.

And as for Kyung Ae... I still can't decide whether I liked her character more or L. Joe's. I think I might like L. Joe's just a tad bit more because he was so freaking hot at being the evil mastermind. Kyung Ae, believe it or not, was actually the main character of the story, believe it or not. She's not much of a dynamic character, but I feel like she's one of those characters who people root for. She's been trapped by L. Joe for such a long time. Hell, he killed her lover. You gotta feel bad for the girl.


I swear. I think I made everybody ing pitiful in the end. Oh well.

 

For those of you who have no idea what Zyprexa is, it's basically medication for people with a bipolar disorder. However, I just happened to put a gun in there instead of the medication because I thought it would be cool to have an illegal gun dealer sell him a gun inside a bag from the pharmacy. I don't know; I'm weird like that. I'm sure a lot of you were surprised by that. And yes, I'm pretty sure a gun could fit inside the bag. They're actually not that big (well, a hand gun) since I've been at a shooting range before.

Just to clear things up, Byunghun was always a bit bipolar and mental inside. It was just never triggered until his parents' death, which just made him go crazy ape. And even when he was still at the facility, he never calmed down. He just kept it hidden in the silence like the badass he is. And I would've written about that, but I never like to go over 10,000 words for a short story. Meh, I just like to keep them super short and I'm a lazy writer. Did you guys know that if a story is over 25,000 words, it's not considered a short story but a novel? Yep, but again. Super short.

L. Joe never loved Sanghee in the first place. She was just a toy that he played around with while searching for Kyung Ae. He just happened to be lucky that she was her best friend. If you guys remembered, in the first chapter, Kyung Ae left her hometown for unknown reasons. Well those unknown reasons were L. Joe. I tried really hard to patch up the broken holes that would've made it super cool if you think of it as a whole. I hope all of you readers took that into consideration when you read it.

I based this story off of Jay Park's Girlfriend. Everybody thought it was super cute when he secretly took pictures of the girl, but I just found it really.... stalkerish. It just creeped me out. And hence, I came up with this story.

Before I end this, I'll just explain the title in a way that's super easy to understand. Captured = picture-taking. Silence = that part where you're all silent and smiling when taking the picture. I know, it's pretty stupid. Well, there's another meaning to it which is that part where Sanghee dies and L. Joe's all like, "I like it better when they're silent than in fear." So yeah, that's the other meaning which I won't bother to explain because if I do, it won't be deep anymore like it's supposed to. So basically, read it over and figure it out yourself. AHAHAH. I explained the title last time in Hole in your Face and it didn't turn out deep because you guys didn't figure it out yourselves.

....

...

.

 

Not sure what to say anymore, but I LOVE YOU GUYS! I love how none of the comments say "update soon" but are legitimately about the story. You could tell that they read it.

 

Kay, bye guys.

 

 

,MissChoding

 

 

*PS - How many of you guys liked the Chunji cameo? I imagined him to be like Jo Kwon or Key. My little strutting diva. Lol.*

 

*PPS - I will probably add onto this later if I forgot to add something, which I probably did. OTL*