The Living Dead Girl

Captured Silence

Kyung Ae fell silent.  Unmoving. What was she to do? Tell Sanghee? She continuously shook her head no, knowing for a fact that that was impossible. There was no way she could tell her. Not now. Not ever. It was for her own safety, as well as Sanghee's wellbeing.

She watched with an intense gaze as Sanghee took a break to go meet with L. Joe, or Byunghun in this case. She couldn't believe what her eyes were witnessing, seeing as though L. Joe was... different. He wasn't the same, as if he completely acted like another person. But every now and then while the two were talking, she would notice that glint in his eyes. Unnoticeable to the normal human eye, but again, Kyung Ae wasn't the least bit normal.


Not after what he put her through.
 

She despised him for that. She had morals. Had. There was no such thing as ever hating a human being, that being unheard of in her book. Although she knew that L. Joe could never be considered as a normal human being. He would only be a monster to her eyes, a living breathing monster. And there was such a thing as hating a monster. He was an example of that.

It was like a breath of fresh air to her, seeing him finally walk out the door after about an hour or two. She could finally breath again, without ever having to worry if he would cut that breath short with his own hands. She couldn't wait to never see his face again, but she knew better than to think like that. She had to confront him. Sooner or later, she just had to.


And so she chose now.


"I'm gonna go take the trash out, kay?" She gave Sanghee a heads up, smiling.


Kyung Ae headed towards the kitchen and exited the back doors, remembering to bring the trash next to the pantry cabinets with her. She easily skidded away and tossed the trash to the left of the dumpster, and afterwards, rushing to the front of the cafe in order to catch up to the man in black. He was always in black, just like before.

She rushed down the street and took a turn towards her right, panting for a breath of fresh air after five minutes of running. It was a surprise, seeing the bushes next to her shaking and causing a commotion. But that wasn't what gave her the shock. It was the man coming out from the bushes.


She gave a smirk and moved a step closer. "You know you look a lot better with brown hair, Bastard. You've been a mental, a murderer, and now you've become a blonde.  What the hell are you doing here? Trying to look for me? Trying to make me your ing model L. Joe? Or should I say... Byunghun?

His kind soul in his eyes was away, transforming into a look of pure heartlessness in a matter of just seconds. "I was looking for you. I wanted my original model back, but you were the one who ran away. For two years. But you know you can never run away from me. You've always known. I will always find you and bring you right back to where you belong. Hell, you're lucky I've found that little friend of yours, or else I'd be coming for you instead. She'd be a fun new toy to play around with. Becoming my new toy to play with." He exhaled, grinning. "I wonder how many different shots I can take of her. Particularly one... of fear?"

Her eyes burned with anger, hearing him dare calling her best friend his new test subject. She was infuriated. "Don't you lay a hand on her. Don't."

He stepped closer, up until they were just centimeters apart. "And what are you going to do about it?" he challenged.

"I-I... I'll tell her. I'll tell her about you and everything you've done. What you've done to him. I'll make her hate you. She'll become just like me, running away from the likes of you. You won't ever have a ing target again."

 

He started laughing hysterically, nonstop until it started to scare the girl. His laughs carried on, droning in and out as if set on replay. It kept repeating and repeating, bringing shivers down the back of her spine.

L. Joe stopped.

 

He put on a straight face. "Do that and you'll turn out just like him. You wouldn't want that now, do you?"

 

She tried to stay strong in front of him, even adding a scoff before turning the other way and heading back to the cafe. As soon as she could hear his footsteps signaling that he was on his way home, she started to shake in pain like never before. She felt a giant weight on her shoulder, as if stopping her from ever leaving from the depths of his reach.

Kyung Ae wobbled, falling down to her knees. She covered , eyes wide open and just shocked. She didn't know what to do, yet alone know what she could even do at this moment. There was nothing possible she could do to avoid him. He was back, and there was no way of escaping this time.




------------------------------




"So I'm guessing you know him? What did you guys talk about?" Sanghee asked as Kyung Ae moved to back to her original position as a cashier. She noticed the weary look on her friend's face, contemplating on whether to point it out or not.

"What do you mean? I was just taking out the trash." Kyung Ae tried lying, but Sanghee knew better than to believe it to be true.

"I'm not stupid Kyung Ae. I know you were out there talking to him. Taking out the trash does not take thirty minutes. You're lucky business is slow today, or else the manager would've kicked your . And that expression on your face when you saw him was just priceless. You must've known him, or else you wouldn't have had that kind of look on. So who is he? Your ex-?"

She shook her head.
 

"Then what?"
 

"Ok, so maybe I was talking to him."

"About?"


Kyung Ae pondered about what she should do. Would she tell her, or not? By telling Sanghee, she would put herself in danger, but by not telling her, she would put the both of them in danger. Kyung Ae sighed in defeat, making her decision at this point.


She was already dead the moment she met him.


The moment she met L. Joe.