The One who Aims

Captured Silence

"To the club?" his short-term acquaintance-- Lee Chanhee, otherwise known as Chunji-- suggested, holding a rather large wad of twenties in the palm of his hand. "God, do you know how much partying we could do with this cash?"


It was a great day for Chunji, being rewarded with a bonus by his boss after working overtime the past two and a half weeks. He wanted to bring a friend of his to go to the club. And yes, he didn't have many friends. He was the type of person to be reserved in making friends, despite loving the night scenes in Seoul and Gangnam. They haven't known each other for very long, but they seemed to connect easily.
 

"Any chance we could change the date to tomorrow?" the man suggested in response to the other's suggestion. "I have to get these photos printed first." he simply stated, holding up his camera.

"Will you at least show me a photograph or two every once in a while?" 

"Nope. Never. Not going to happen." 

"Why not? We've known each other for almost two months and you've never shown me anything!"

The man let out a huff, annoyed by how his friend could be so dramatic at times. "Because I said so. Got it?"

Chunji sighed at the man's persistence, but he too wanted to be the persistent one for once. So then he followed suit saying, "Then if you can't show me a damn photo, then I'm going to have to shove your damn into my car so we can go out and have fun. Got it?"
 

It was the man's turn to sigh, for he knew that there was no hope in getting the images in his camera printed. And so he muttered-- an obvious lack of enthusiasm evident in his voice-- just one word.


"Fine."
 

Lee Byunghun: your average bachelor, aspiring to live each and every day to its full extent. However, there was but one single problem. He had no motivation in life other than to "live well." This could be considered achieved, but only if a person would count living in a trashed up one-bedroom condominium covered in a countless number of clothes lying on the floor and other knickknacks he had no plan of cleaning up as "living well." 

He was an independent man-- well, somewhat independent-- for he relied far too much on the money he inherited from his parents' death. His parents weren't filthy rich, though their bank account had quite a few zeroes appearing from left to right. You could say that they were a frugal bunch, knowing how to spend their well-earned money carefully and usefully.

Byunghun was the opposite, spending breakfast, lunch, and dinner eating food from a different restaurant or cafe each week. It was good thing he didn't shop all that much, for who knows whether he'd be in debt if he did choose to shop for clothes and other unnecessary appliances and goods. He was somewhat frugal, but when it came to cameras, he would buy whatever caught his eye. No matter the price.

Although he was the definition of lazy, he would be filled with energy just by hearing the word "photography" as well as anything related to something of that sort. Photography was his love, his joy in life. Just with the snap of a button, he would be content enough to call himself as "living well." It was his passion, yet also a challenge to him. He wanted to try new things, and through doing so, he met new people.

Even after printing his photographs, Byunghun would be back to playing around with his camera, figuring out the perfect distance and the perfect lighting for different situations. He wanted his works of art to be perfect; however, those activities would have to wait, for the senseless guy named Lee Chanhee brought the man to a club, which easily placed as the last location he'd be wanting to be at as of now.




-------------------------


 

"Aren't you at least going to drink something?" Chunji asked, rather frustrated as to how much of a bore Byunghun was the whole time they were there. His frustration grew even further, seeing how his friend absolutely no attention to the him. His frustration changed to irritation. "Suit yourself. I'm going to the dance floor. Have fun playing around with that stupid little toy of yours."

"It's not a toy. And go ahead! You can probably tell already, but I'm busy right now." Byunghun finally spoke, shooing Chunji away. And so he did.
 

Here he was, sitting in one of the best booths at one of the best clubs in town. Any normal man would start off by either drinking loads of drinks or dancing with loads of different girls, the strobe lights flashing everywhere. Then there was Byunghun, sitting in the corner of the booth, tampering around with his camera, and snapping shots of the people and scenery at the place. However, none seemed to really catch his attention. Not like that one woman he took a picture of earlier.

She was, again, just so alluring. She had this special attraction to her, unlike many of the others he'd taken pictures of before. Maybe it was the simplicity about her that was so attractive. Maybe. But whatever it was, may have been, or could have been, he had a very strong gut-feeling to take a shot of her. And now, as he leaned his head back on his seat, thinking about her, he could have sworn he spotted something intriguing. Someone. 

He shifted his gaze towards the woman in the black mini-dress that just seemed to love hugging her body. She didn't have an hourglass figure; that, he was certain of. She had long legs, though she was far from having the fairest of skin. But she was definitely captivating to him, in the strangest ways. He brought his camera to eye level, focusing the lens to be perfectly in line with the magnifier, just to get as accurate of a shot as possible. He took several shots of her, and afterwards browsed through all of them.

The images gave of the same kind of appeal that his newfound model had earlier near the alleyway. It was almost impossible to create the same vibe and impression as  someone else's, having known after years of experience. This was no coincidence at all, and he knew it. He wanted to come closer, just to catch a glimpse of her. To see if it  really was her,

And when he did walk closer, step by step and ever so slowly, he was pleasantly surprised to see her face up close. The woman he chose as his model was the same woman he was about to confront. The woman in the black mini-dress was her. His model. His target, and he just had to know her name. So he opened up his mouth to speak up, wanting to know right at this very moment who the enticing woman in front of him was. He just had to know.

 

"Excuse me for asking so suddenly, but may I have this dance Miss--"


"My name is Sanghee. Yoon Sanghee. And yes, I would love to dance with you."