Chapter Eleven - "Parenthood Is A 'Loller Coaseuteo' Ride!"

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​«Chapter eleven»

"Parenthood Is A 'Loller Coaseuteo' Ride!"
 

 

“Breakfast’s finished! Yunho, could you call the kids in the living room?” she tried to change the topic.

 

He nodded and headed to the room and found the children still watching Pororo. Seriously, this tiny, blue penguin is like the president of all the youngsters in South Korea. Every little thing it does, the kids would praise him. When the show is on air, it feels as if the whole world just stopped revolving. For one hour, there was peace in Seoul. He didn’t dare to disturb them coz he thought that if he did, they might just kill him.

 

“Kids…Breakfast’s ready! C’mon!” he exclaimed as he stood in front of the flashing flat screen.

 

The room was filled with hopeless moans and loud groans.

 

Jessica rubbed her eyes with her pudgy fists. “Appa! We’re still watching Pororo!”

 

“Yuri Umma would be mad if you guys don’t show up there right now. Sooyoung and Changmin are already eating.”

 

“But Pororo is about to sing!” Sunny chirped behind Seohyun as her head moved from left to right, hoping that she could see the TV once more.

 

Yunho crossed his arms on his chest and stared at them with a plain expression.

 

“No exceptions, young ones! Now, march off before your mom kills me!” he pointed straight to the door.

 

“Hmph. Changmin and Seohyun didn’t even sleep because of Appa! All Appa did was snore and snore! And even Yoong and I heard it! We couldn’t even get through the night!” Tiffany snapped back. The others were observing the father-daughter bicker with silence and of course, plate-shaped eyes.

 

“Y-yah…My snore is not that l-loud.” Yunho said as he felt his man pride lessen. Such a shame for the Appa.

 

The redhead rolled her irises and shook her head. “It’s not because it’s loud, but because we were laughing so hard! And Appa didn’t even realize it! You were sleeping like a baby! Changminnie and Seo cried because of you! They kept squeezing themselves on our bed!”

 

He knew he was beaten, and if he didn’t stop now, Tiffany might spit out a lot more embarrassing things about his sleeping habit. And Yuri could’ve heard it.

 

“Okay, fine. If I let you watch Pororo, would you keep that and everything else a secret?”

 

“DEAL~!”

 

---

 

“Ugh. What’s taking them too long?” Yuri asked herself, slumping her face on the table as she watched the Shikshin gobble her food.

 

Sooyoung smiled brightly. “Umma! I really love your cooking, Umma!”

 

Yuri blushed at her compliment but she thought that whenever there was food, of course, Sooyoung would love it. 

 

“Changminnie…Aah!” the little boy opened his mouth, signaling Yuri to put another spoonful.

 

“Aigoo, my baby Minnie! I better go call your dad, okay?” they both nodded and their mother headed off to the living room.

 

She was welcomed with a bunch of kids and their dad, whose eyes were immensely glued to the TV. They were bobbing their heads from side to side as they squeezed themselves in one couch. Yunho was on the floor, his knees brought up to his chest, as he moved his body to the rhythm of the song. His toes curled up and his smile was from ear-to-ear.

 

“Yah, Jung Yunho! What do you think are you doing?” Yuri asked strictly.

 

He pouted, ignoring the woman. “I’m still watching Pororo, Umma!” he whined. 

 

'And now, he calls me his mother too? Hmph!'

 

Yuri gasped at his actions and slapped his shoulder. “Ugh! Don’t be such a kid! You’re their father, for goodness’ sake!”

 

She ordered her children to proceed to the dining room and eat their breakfast. They followed suit and right now, Yunho and Yuri were alone.

 

“You shouldn’t let them take over you, Yunho!” she stated with concerned eyes.

 

“But they told me that I snored too loud and that they were gonna tell yo—”

 

Yuri raised a brow in confusion. “Tell me…what?”

 

Yunho smiled sheepishly. “N-nothing! Let’s eat!”

 

---

 

“One?”

 

“Here!”

 

“Two?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter