A Bitter Birthday? Maybe Not

Why Don't You Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Cheondung, happy birthday to you!” everyone in the room cheered and clapped while Cheondung smiled shyly. It was Cheondung’s 18th birthday and all his friends, who are only you and Junhyung attended his birthday “party”. Besides you and Junhyung, Cheondung’s parents and sister were also there to celebrate.

“Yah, cut you cake now! I’m already hungry,” Junhyung whined.

You turned to Junhyung and stared at him in disbelief, “Junnie, seriously? Can you, for once, don’t think about food? You are always hungry.”

Junhyung ignored your comment.

“Doongie, make a wish before you cut your cake!” you smiled.

Cheondung closed his eyes and clasped his hands together to make a wish. After a few seconds, his eyes fluttered open and he smiled in satisfaction.

Junhyung nudged Cheondung and smiled cheekily, “Yah, what do you wish for?”

“Birthday wishes are not meant to be told or else it won’t come true,” Cheondung blinked.

“You believe in this superstition too?” Junhyung snorted.

Cheondung decided to ignore Junhyung and began cutting his birthday cake. Cheondung cut a slice of his cake and placed it on a paper plate before passing it to you.

“Here, Yoomi, for you!” his mouth curled into a pleasant smile.

You took the plate from Cheondung and smiled sweetly, “Thanks, Doongie!”

Junhyung glanced from Cheondung to you and cleared his throat to attract his best friends’ attention. Both you and Cheondung turned to him simultaneously.

“Have you forgotten about your beloved best friend here? Am I invisible?” Junhyung complained.

Cheondung cut a few slices of the cake and passed the paper plates to his mother, father and also his noona, Sandara.

Junhyung stared at Cheondung in disbelief.  

“Is this how you treat your best friend? Don’t even bother to look at me,” Junhyung muttered to himself while pouting before making his way to a seat nearby.

You noticed Junhyung’s reaction and giggled to yourself. You approached Junhyung.

“Here, your cake,” the corner of your lips tugged up into an amused smile while handing out the paper plate and sat beside Junhyung.

Junhyung slowly reached for the paper plate and uttered quietly, “Thank you, Yoomi.”

“You are so funny. You acted like a little girl you know,” you teased.

Junhyung shoved a big piece of cake into his mouth which puffed his cheeks and chewed the cake slowly.

You chuckled, “Eat slowly, Junnie, there are still a lot of cake left.”

Junhyung swallowed the cake in his mouth and gave a sheepish smile.

You pinched Junhyung’s cheeks, “Aigooo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter