Sehun's Story

My Guardian Angel

 

“Nooooo!!” Jihyun screamed as Sehun’s eyes opened and he turned around to face her. A tear escaped from Jihyun’s eyes, “Please don’t jump…” Sehun suddenly felt tender. She walked closer to him, “Please live, I know life is treating you badly but please don’t do anything regretful… You may feel like you’re nothing in this world but you are… You’re something special.”

Sehun’s heart softened, no one ever spoke to him with such kind words. Sehun tried hiding his soft spot and he looked at her coldly, “You don’t know how I feel. You don’t me!” “Maybe I don’t, but I want to know you… I know you’re a misunderstood person and I want to understand you!” She told him.

Sehun was surprised at Jihyun’s actions. “I heard the rumors… yet I don’t believe them, I believe that you’re innocent…” “You would’t know.” He coldly stated. Jihyun was going to open to speak but Sehun put his knife onto her neck.

Jihyun’s mouth dropped then looked at him with compassion in her eye. Sehun’s heart started beating uncontrollably and he knew he couldn’t hurt her.

“I know you won’t hurt me…” She muttered. *How would she know?* He thought. “You can’t hurt anyone… you seem cold but you’re not. You’re looks are intimidating and scary but I can tell that inside you’re vulnerable and scared…” From Jihyun’s words Sehun’s mouth dropped and he quickly put away his knife.

“Please let me understand you, Oh Sehun.” Jihyun said, “Let me be your friend.” Sehun looked at Jihyun *Why would she do this? Why would she save me? Why…?*

“If you don’t mind me asking… Why do you carry a knife?” Jihyun asked. Sehun sighed, “I wanted to protect someone.” Jihyun grew curious, “Who?” “My mother…” He said as he hold back his tears trying to forget the painful memory, “But I couldn’t…”

4 years ago me and my mother were walking home from the groceries at night. It was dark as we passed by 2 drunken men on the streets.

“Hey! Look what we’ve got here, a young mother and her son.” One of the drunken men spoke. “Sounds like a jackpot to me!” Another alcoholic man said as the two started laughing. We tried walking faster but they followed us. My mother spotted one of them carrying a knife.

“Hey, why are you ignoring us, pretty lady? You look too young to be a mother!” The drunk men said as they got closer. My mother whispered, “On the count of three, we run arrasso, Sehunnie?” I nodded, we both silently counted to three. “One.. two… three!” Within 3 I ran as fast as I could but I realized my mother wasn’t with me. She let go of my hand. I quickly ran back and saw the two men cornering my mother to the wall. She tried fighting back.

“Let go of me!” She yelled as she yanked her hand off the two maniacs. “Hmm, I like when the victims try to fight back” He said in a terrifying voice. The other drunk man tried to take off my mother’s jacket but she took his hand off and gave him a cold, hard slap. The man got angry and took out his knife, “You !”

I couldn’t just stand there and watch my mother like that, I had to do something… “Eomma!” I called out as they looked at me. She mouthed me, ‘No’ but I came a little bit closer. I didn’t do much but I distracted them.

“Come here Eomma!” I called and she quickly ran over to me. As fast as she ran, she tripped over and the two caught up to her with devious smirks on their faces. “You know what sounds better? Why don’t we kill this child’s mother in front of him?” My mouth dropped, there wasn’t anything I could about it but cry. “Eomma!!”

They stabbed my mother in front of me. Even the midst of her sorry she gave me this soft smile, “Run Sehun… live for me…” “No Eomma!!” I cried but the men stabbed her more. I became shaky to the sight of seeing my own mother murdered in front of me. They were laughing murderers…

I ran, knowing that’s what my mother wanted… I didn’t want to run. I wanted to protect her, but I couldn’t because I was too weak…

Sehun couldn’t continue anymore and was crying. He never showed this side of him to anyone. Jihyun also cried from what his dark past held but she wanted to be strong about it. She wanted to be the one to help out and protect him from his misery. *I’m sorry Sehun, I wish I could help you more, but like you, I’m also vulnerable…*

All she could do to help was giving him a hug. It’s not easy telling your past to anyone, especially a dark past like Sehun’s. “Thank you…” Sehun said as he wiped his tears. *I’ve never told anyone my story except for her, she really is something… And I know I can trust her.*

“It’s hard for you, but please try to forget about it. Try to start brand new…” Jihyun spoke, “I know your mother wouldn’t like you living like this.” Sehun looked at her sincerely *She is right…*

“Thanks…” Sehun mumbled. Jihyun gave him a soft smile, “No, I should thank you for opening up and trusting me. I won’t let you down, Oppa!”

It was the first time someone has called Sehun ‘Oppa’ and also the first time Jihyun opened up to anyone else by herself.

“Can you do me a favor, Oppa…?” Jihyun soft-spoken asked. Sehun glanced up her. “Please don’t carry such a dangerous object anymore.” Jihyun begged. Sehun gave her a confused look but then gave a small reassuring smile which made her smile also, “Thank you Oppa.”

Sehun was mesmerized by her sweet, soft smile that reminded him of his mother. *That smile… You’re really something, Jihyun*

~ ~ ~

After school people saw Jihyun and Sehun walking together. The school campus was easily beginning to be filled with rumors of the two. Once they walked out the school gates, they saw Kai with a cheerful smile on his face. Kai’s smile immediately disappeared when he saw his sister standing next to Sehun. His face showed disappointment and didn’t look to nice.

“What are you doing here?” He eyed Sehun. Sehun walked faster, leaving Jihyun *I knew it was a bad idea to befriend her…* “Wait!” Jihyun grabbed Sehun’s arms. Both Kai and Sehun got caught by surprise with her actions.

“Jihyun, what are you doing?” Kai asked. “Oppa, I want you to meet my new friend, Sehun.” She replied with a soft warm-welcoming smile. Sehun’s insides started feeling numb but a small smile appeared on his usual mean, cold face. *No one has ever done this to me. And out of all the people, I never thought anyone would, especially someone like you…*

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from him!?” Kai crossed his arms and scoffed. Jihyun’s smile faded and became a frown, “Oppa… please trust me on this. I know him more than you, probably more than anyone else now. He’s like me and I want to help him, if I can’t save myself from my own misery, I want to save someone like me…” Kai’s face softened, he realized she was right. He’s never seen his sister defend anyone. He felt guilty and sad, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know…”

Jihyun put on her welcoming smile again, “Don’t apologize to me, Oppa. To him” She glanced at Sehun. Kai looked at Sehun’s straight face and smiled, “I’m sorry.” Then he held out his hand, “Any friend of my sister is welcomed to be my friend. Let’s forget about such a bad first meeting and start over, as friends. I’m Kim Jongin, call me Kai.” Sehun stared at his hands with a confused expression. *Jihyun is right, her new friend is like him.* Kai smirked with the thought in his mind, *I can’t believe I didn’t see it before. I was being so stubborn…*

Sehun looked at Jihyun’s soft smile as she nodded ‘go for it’. He shook Kai’s hands and put a small smile on. *I’ve never had this feeling of friendship until now, thank you.*