[o9] table for...two?

To Be . . . [Romantic Oasis]

Song of the chapter::
David Choi – Something to Believe [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm28Sj-fdB0]

Credits::
main image credit to mashiiimarooo [http://mashiiimarooo.deviantart.com/]
background image credits to jaicca [http://jaicca.deviantart.com/]

[chapter 9 ;; moving in... ]
_____________________________________________________________________

“Now girls. Remember to pronounce the words properly. People can hear it when you slur or choke on a word.” The music teacher had just gone through a new English song the group was learning. Lucky for Hyerin, she already spoke English, so it was natural that she had the best pronunciation.

“Hyerin, dear, do you mind singing the second verse again.” The music teacher, Mrs. Lee, as she would like to be called nodded in Hyerin’s direction.

“Uhh, sure.” Hyerin cleared and began to sing.

I don't want to go another day
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind
See the way we ride in our private lives
Ain't nobody getting in between

I want you to know that you're the only one for me
And I say"

The other girls applauded, Hyerin bowed embarrassedly.

“Now girls, keep note of the syncopations and when she held the note.” She pointed to the scores in front of her. “Keep it long, and ad libs cane be added, not too much will ruin the song.” She clapped her hands together. “I guess that’s all for today. Next time we come back, we can try singing this in duets or maybe even solos.”
the students all bowed as Mrs. Lee stood up from the piano and walked out of the room.

“You HAVE to teach me that song.” Rinchyeon said as they packed up their things.

“Of course.” Hyerin smiled.

“Pfft.” Seomi walked past, bumping into them. “You are lucky today, newbie.” She sneered and left the room with her friends (groupies n – n).

“Like I said, ignore them.” Rinchyeon shook her head. “Anyone that isn’t in her little group is apparently an ‘opponent’. Even I’m not like that no matter how much I want to debut.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I’ll ignore them.” She commented. “I just didn’t expect these kind of people and scenarios here. Don’t they only appear in movies?”

“Woot! We’re in a movie.” Rinchyeon cheered causing them both to laugh.

“Oh right!” Hyerin stopped in her tracks. “You need to get your things and move to my place.” ‘And I should ask the SHINee boys about a new roommate…’

“Sure thing. I’ll meet you back here?” Hyerin nodded and watched as Rinchyeon left. 'Now where do I go?'

- -

Luckily there was a spare practice room Hyerin used to practice for a good half an hour the dance she learned today. “Glad to know the audition team accepted a hard worker.” It was a voice near the door. Hyerin turned around.

“You know, you should tour around the city seeing as you have never been to Seoul.”

She shook her head. “I’ll just get lost. Besides,” She stretched. “I need to catch up on all the training I missed.”

“Don’t worry,” Changsook said. “You’ll catch up soon. It’s kind of really hard to get lost. I say take the bus, a good 5 minutes to the mall and then walk around the area.”

“Well…” Hyerin scratched her head. “I guess I do have time. It’s not that far, right?”

The trainer shook his head. With that, Hyerin thanked him and left the building. Rinchyeon would just have to call her later and she’ll find her way back to the building. It shouldn’t be that hard.

‘Right…call SHINee.’ She reached for her phone and realized that it was running low on battery. “Shoot.” She had forgot to charge it after coming back from dinner last night.‘Stupid stupid stupid.’ She groaned as she got on the bus. 

- -

“This…is the down side of taking public transportation. Sunglasses and mask to cover our faces.”
“Hyung, quite complaining. We don’t ever do this anyways.”
“That’s right. Enjoy it.”
“Easy for you to say. You probably have a huge smile behind that face mask right now.”
“You’re right, I do have a smile. Want to see it?” The 21 year old boy (teenager? man?) proceeded to lift his mask.
“Yahhh!” His friend slapped his hand. “You want to get attention?”
He shrugged and chuckled. “You’re the one attracting the attention right now.” This caused their group of 5 to laugh. Before his friend could punch him, he ran out of the subway and onto the station platform.
“We’re here!”  He shouted as his dongsaengs followed behind. “Now let’s find some place to eat.”
“Samgyeopsal!” One shouted.
“I second that.”
“I feel like eating noodle.” Another said.
The maknae raised his hand. “Any place is fine.”
“Samgyeopsal it is.” The leader decided and lead the way.
“Fine ignore me.” The one who was complaining about the subway ride mumbled.
“Ah, hyung. Why isn’t Junhyung with us again?”
“He said he’ll meet up with us later. Don’t worry.”

- -

“Oh right. It’s kind of really hard to get lost. Look where I am now…no idea.” Hyerin stood there waiting for the streetlight to turn. So much for following Changsook’s simple direction. She managed to fall asleep and miss her stop, hence ending up somewhere totally different. Now she wished she bought a travel guide of Seoul before coming to Korea. To make things worse, her phone was down to the last 5% battery and it was getting close to 6. ‘That means Rinchyeon should be calling soon.’

Luckily out of all this bad luck, she remembered to ask the bus driver and found the route that the bus was taking so she followed it backwards. From her bag, she pulled out her headphones and iPod. ‘Music time.’ She hit play having the voice of David Choi singing over the cars. The pedestrian sign changed into a walking man; Hyerin made her way across the street.

“Umm, miss.” A man called from behind. “Ah, miss. You dropped something.” Of course, Hyerin couldn’t hear anything with her ears covered. The man picked the keys and jogged after her but the light turned red before he could follow. Impatiently, the man stood there looking left to right, waiting for the light to turn. He bolted across the moment the light changed. Once across he looked around. The streets were really busy, being after work, and just before dinner and all. ‘Where did she go?’ He shook his head and took out his phone. A new notice, ‘You have 1 new message.’ popped up.

‘Yahh when are you coming?
-Doojoon’

He shook his head. This leader was always so impatient when it came to food.

‘I’ll be there soon. You can start without me, you know.’
-Junhyung’

“But first I need to give this back to someone.” He hit send and continued his search. Now if he remembered vaguely, the girl had a ponytail and had headphones on. Shouldn’t be that hard right? He walked on. 

On the other hand, Hyerin, who was a reaching the next block stopped and fished out her phone. She was probably going to have to text Rinchyeon saying that she was going to be late but an incoming phone call stopped her.

“Hello?”

“Yeah, Hyerin. It’s Key. I got your number from the office. We’re just about done from set, you want us to pick you up?”


“Umm, yeah about that. I have something to tell yo-“ She could hear the turn off ring from her phone. She rolled her eyes in disbelief. “Really. Out of all the times.” She yelled at her phone. She sighed and had no choice but to walk on. At what seemed like hours, but it was only 20 minutes, she could see a large mall a good two blocks away.

“YESSS” Hyerin did a little jump and began fast walking. She whizzed past a small restaurant, and stopped, the scent of delicious gogi caught her attention.

“A growing girl needs to get. They wouldn’t be mad if I didn’t eat with time.” She reasoned and walked towards the door.

“Welcome! How many today?” The waiter asked her as she approached. She took off her headphones.

“Um, on-“

“Table for two would be nice. Thank you.” A voice from behind said followed by a hand on her shoulder.

“Wait, what?” Hyerin turned around.

“You, miss, have no idea how long I tried to find you.” He gave her a serious glare.


 

FINALLY <3 I swear it has been forever. so so so so so sorry for not posting anytime soon. I’m so glad that I have a for day weekend, which means I can update. But you guys should know that I rewrote this chapter. 1) cause I wanted some kind of action, and 2) I just needed to add in B2ST this time. I also had to cut this…cause it was getting kind of long. So why not extend this onto the other chapter. Yeah, they couldn’t wait until later. Hope you guys like it.

P.S. Thanks for everyone who watched my video. Continue to support me as I will try to upload new covers…soon. But here’s the link to my audition, which is now over. Yeah, I didn’t make it. The video wasn’t as perfect as I wanted it to be. : / 
Crono Net & Koreaboo: Cube Audition 2011 - "Terrified"
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FM_8Kzj_YA