[o7] one two steps

To Be . . . [Romantic Oasis]

Song of the chapter::
missA – Bad Girl, Good Girl [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeeJvcBdLA]

Credits::
main image credit to kaytseki [http://kaytseki.deviantart.com/]
background image credits to jaicca [http://jaicca.deviantart.com/]

[chapter 7 ;; one two steps ]
_____________________________________________________________________

"Okay. Let's do this once more before we get into groups." Changsook clapped his hands to get the attention of his class. He waved his hands dismissively to a girl off the side of the room. She hit play and suddenly the speakers began playing "Bad Girl, Good GIrl". "Remember, look up!" 

The trainee group was practicing the choreography to this new group that debuted a month ago, miss A. Hyerin exhaled and walked towards her place in the room. It has been a long time since she sweated this much. They have been at this for a good 3 hours, started off working on simple training exercises and then right into learning the choreography. It was a good thing the next schedule dance practice wasn’t until later in the afternoon or else she would not be able to use her legs. Vocal lessons were after lunch so Hyerin was definitely looking forward to that. Not only that, but she had to wake up extremely early, which she was obviously not used to.

"I should of eaten a bit more for breakfast." She thought as she began to danced. 


[earlier this morning ~ 4:50am]

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hyerin turned slowly away from the wall. What time was it? The sun was barely up, and her phoned sat on the edge of the night stand, vibrating silently trying to wait her up. She yawned and checked the time on one of her digital clocks.

“4:50?!” Hyerin blinked a couple of times before jumping up from bed. She had managed to turn off the other three alarms she had on the table. So much for waking up early to make breakfast. She stretched and looked around the room. Oh right, she was not at home anymore. She was in Korea, in an apartment that is right beside SHINee. She groaned as she reached to turn the alarm off on her phone. She got out of bed, literally by crawling on the floor towards the washroom. With her eyes half open, she dragged herself, making stop at the sofa. Hyerin laid her head on the arm rest. 

Finally, she reached the washroom. She quickly washed herself up and gathered her things for a long day practicing. In the middle of gurgling, she looked up at her reflection. Pinching her cheek, she made sure it was real for the nth time. Ouch. Good it was. She spat out the water and smiled. “Time to start your day.” She tied up her hair and an unexpected yawn escaped . She sighed at the thought of waking up this early everyday from now on. Well, it was a price to pay, along with the price of leaving family and friends in Canada. A knock came from the front door.

“Hyerinnnnnn!” A voice from the other side. “Are you awake?”

She gasped. Hyerin had forgot that SHINee was driving her back to the building. “Yeah. I’m awake.” Hyerin dashed to open the door for the boys. Standing in front was SHINee. “Sorry. I kind of woke up a bit late. You guys can come in and wait a just a couple of minutes. I just need to change and grab some stuff.” She dashed back into her room, the front door opened for them to come in.

“No, it’s okay.” Key was the first to step in. “I don’t think the traffic is that heavy this morning. Thursdays are usually less bothersome then the weekends.”

Hyerin slipped out of her pyjamas and into her sweats [http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/70/208/L_g0015320870.jpg]. She grabbed her duffle bag [http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/08/914/L_g0013491408.jpg] and stuffed whatever she thought she would need; an extra set of clothes, sneakers, and towel. She zipped her bag and lifted it up and down weighing it. It was pretty empty. Outside, Taemin and Key were looking around the place, while Minho and Jonghyun stood at the door with their bags.

Back in the room, Hyerin was slipping on her sandals [http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/81/549/L_p0011854981.jpg] when she heard Key call her name. “Hmm?” She asked as she slid open her door. She looked around at the boys and pulled a sweater over her head for the cold morning. “What were you guys talking about?”

“Nothing.” Key smiled reassuringly and gestured to the door. “Shall we get going?”

“Sure.” Hyerin followed them out the door. “Oh, good morning, by the way.”  The others smiled and quietly chattered as they made their way down to the parking lot.

“Wait.” Hyerin turned and counted the heads. “We’re missing….Onew.” She looked around.

“Hyung doesn’t have anything today.” Taemin stated. “Except for a radio thing later in the day.”

“Oh..” Hyerin was for some reason a bit disappointed but hid the fact. ”I see."


“…shut up, shut up POSE”Changsook yelled out the instructions to the girls. The music ended as the trainees finished with their own made up pose. “Good job. We are still learning this and it takes more than a couple of hours to learn.” He clapped and walked towards the center of the room. “But you guys seem to have the basic. So we’ll see how you guys do in a group.” He counted around the room. “Perfect sixteen people. So four groups. Take five, get something to drink.”

The girls all stretched and walked off towards the sides. Hyerin went towards her bag and took out a water bottle. She had left the house in such a hurry that she had forgotten all about breakfast. It was a good thing, the SHINee stopped at a convenience store for her to buy some buns and a couple bottle of water. She wiped the sweat off her face with her towel and looked around the room. Some of the girls had already started gathering in groups for the dance already but here was Hyerin all alone. She barely knew anyone, except for this one girl whom she remembered from her audition in Canada. So how was she suppose to find a group?

“You have a group?”Someone from the corner of Hyerin’s eyes came up to ask her.”We are short one. Care to join?” The girl smiled.

“Uhh, sure.” Hyerin slowly nodded and followed the girl to their group.

“My name is Rinchyeon, by the way.” The girl said as they neared the other two girls. “And these are Chohee and Jihwa.The other girl said hi and greeted Hyerin with a smile.

“My name’s Hyerin.” She returned the greeting with a small wave and a little bow. These were kind of her seniors.

“Now, let’s practice!” Rinchyeon clapped her hands. “Who’s going to be who? I want to try Min’s part.”

“I’ll take Jia.” Jihwa offered.

“I call Suzy.”  Chohee said.

Hyerin bit her lips. ‘That was fast.’ She thought as the others took a role, leaving her with the only one left. “I guess I’m Fei.”

“Attention everyone. Performances in around 45 minutes.”
Changsook told everyone.

“Great! It’s settled. Now let’s practice with positions.” Rinchyeon exclaimed as everyone got into the starting position. 

“Should we start by just moving around to figure out our positions with the music first before we incorporate the dance?”Hyerin suggested. The others all agreed and Jihwa went to turn on the music. And so they ran through the song twice, figuring out transitions and where everyone was a difficult parts. There was a couple times where Hyerin forgot which side to move to.

“Remember,” Rinchyeon offered a little tip. “I think it should be one two step…like this to the left. So you can see Chohee at the back between you and I.” She motioned at the space between them.

“Want to try with the dance now?” Chohee offered while they were taking a short break. They all looked at the time. Twenty minutes left.

“I guess we should.” Rinchyeon stood up walked over the music player. “From the top.” Hyerin and the others quickly got to their position. Hyerin knew she was slow at picking up the dance and was scared that she would drag the group down. But she tired her best. The others in her group probably had months or maybe a year of training, and she just started today! Still, she pushed on through the song, trying to remember and perfect the simple moves in the song.

“Okay. Girls! Time to start again.”Changsook ordered everyone to go back into their first room. “You guys had enough time to practice. Let’s see how you guys did.” He pointed to the first group near the window. “You are up.” Every clapped their hands in welcoming the group.

They got into the position and the music began to play. Somewhere in between, a person from behins tapped me. It was Rinchyeon. “You know, Changsook doesn’t usually hold this kind of competition kind of thing like this.” She commented while keeping her eye on the group dancing. Hyerin turned her head slightly and Rinchyeon continued. “This usually means that they are getting ready; picking students for possible group.”

Hyerin eyes widened. “How do you know?”

“I’ve been training for three years now. It happened my first year here. You know f(x)? Luna was picked from our class after she performed a piece to the class. A scout was there to listen and pulled her out.”

“No wonder why everybody seems kind of tense.”
Hyerin looked around to see anxious faces. “You think you have a shot?”

“Even if this performance is not that good,”
Rinchyeon paused. “Not saying that you are effecting it. But I think that my experience in training, back-up dancers and stuff like that will make up for it.”  She had a confident smile on her face. Boy, Hyerin wished that she could be Rinchyeon now; on the brink of being chosen and with so many years of experience. Everyone clapped and cheered as the first group finished.

“Next.” Changsook said to the next group, which Hyerin was told to consist of the best dancers in the trainee group. Park Seomi was it? According to what Hyerin has heard, she was a skilled dancer; something about dancing since three and her mother owning a ballet studio. Hyerin watched them intensely.  They were good; their transitions were on point and they moved so effortlessly. 

By the door, stood someone who was also watching the performance. But he was not a scout or some kind of manager waiting to pick up the best trainee, nor was he a stalker. Onew stood behind the window next to the door. [Onew’s a stalker hehe n – n] having nothing to do for the first half of the day, Onew decided to drop by the SM training rooms to see how Hyerin was doing; also to visit other friends like f(x). [pshhh, as if ;) ] Seomi’s group finished and the next group walked up to the center. It was Hyerin’s group. Onew took a step into the room to get a better view.

“Ready?” Rinchyeon touched Hyerin’s shoulder. She smiled and nodded.“Pretend no one is in front of you.”

“Totally.” The music started. Hyerin took a deep breath.‘No one is infront of me.’ She opened her eyes and imagined an empty room. And she moved effortlessly, well kind of. Nearly slipped as they were getting up from the ground and almost bumped into Chohee towards the end.

Onew paid very close attention to Hyerin. He had to hand it to her; apparently, he heard that they just learned this today. For a non-dancer, she sure got the moves down quite solidly. He noticed her slight slip at one part and almost wanted to go and help her if she fell. But luckily, she didn’t. Onew sighed in relief. ‘This girl is so clumsy…hehe almost as clumsy as me.’ He smiled at that thought and continued to watch.

‘DONE’ Hyerin thought as final note was played. Panting she looked around the room. She did it; although there were a lot of mistakes. ‘I hope the others didn’t notice.’ She bowed and noticed someone standing near the door. She looked up to see Onew clapping and giving her a thumbs-up. She laughed and gave him a small wave. ‘Why was he here?’ She excused herself from the room and went over to Onew. 


 

Chapter 7 hot off the press (: <3 Hope you guys like it. S P R I N G  B R E A K =D  Which means more time to write (Y) who knows, I’m kinda of interested in starting an apply one after applying for a couple of them. But like short, no more then let’s say 7 chapter stories for each applicant. We’ll see where my work takes me. As for this chapter…just again, building up chapter and relationship. Hehe, just wait and see what I have planned for when she back up dances in Music Core&Inkigayo * u *

P.S. Thanks for everyone who watched my video. Continue to support me as I will try to upload new covers…soon. But here’s the link to my audition, which is now over. Yeah, I didn’t make it. The video wasn’t as perfect as I wanted it to be. : / 
Crono Net & Koreaboo: Cube Audition 2011 - "Terrified"
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FM_8Kzj_YA