[o5] introductions

To Be . . . [Romantic Oasis]

Song of the chapter::
Taylor Swift – Today was a Fairytale [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzpp1TDk1oo]

Credits::
main image credit to Leonidafremov[http://leonidafremov.deviantart.com/]
background image credits to jaicca [http://jaicca.deviantart.com/]

[chapter 5 ;; introductions ]
_____________________________________________________________________

“Here,”Taemin placed a piece of meat onto Hyerin’s plate. “Try this.”

All of them were crowded around one large streaming pot filled with savoury meat and vegetables. In the end, it was Key who decided to come to this small restaurant. Although it was in the middle of summer, the night still felt cold and nothing was like huddling around a hot pot.

“Thank you.” Hyerin said, fishing in the pot for some vegetables. But before she could even get some, there was a commotion around the table. Hyerin placed her spoon down and nibbled silently on the piece of meat Taemin gave her.

“Hyung, that piece was mine!”
“Ah, told you it was hot, now look at you…”
“Anyone want some?”
“Really? We have a guest here!”
“Cola, anyone?”
“Noo, I saw that piece first…”


“Ah, Hyerin,” Minho tapped her hand lightly. “Want anything to drink?” Hyerin shook her head. Shrugging, he went on asking the others. 

Wait.”Key blurted out. He slapped Jonghyun, who was about to place food into his mouth. “I think I formal introduction should be in session.” He folded his hands in front of him as if he was discussing a serious matter.

“If the naggy one here insists.”  Jonghyun gave Key a glance. They had a brief moment of silence as Key stuck out a tongue.

“Anyways,” Onew chuckled. “We barely introduced ourselves at SM.”

“Okay okay!” Key put down his chopsticks excitedly and pointed to Taemin. “Let’s start! Youngest goes first.”

Taemin eyes widened and looked from left to right. “Ahhh, my name is Lee Taemin. Recently turned 17 [American age] years old and I’m the main dancer.” He smiled and did a little chest pop.

Key then pointed to Minho was in the middle of imitating Taemin’s chest pop, causing everyone to laugh. “Oh,” Minho turned to Hyerin. “I’m Cho Minho. I’m 18 and the group’s rapper. I love soccer.”

“My turn!”
Key stood up and straightened his shirt and offered a hand for handshake. Hyerin looked at his hand and blinked a couple of times before reaching for the out-reached hand and giving a firm handshake. “The name is Kim Kibum, or as everyone calls – “

“UMMA” Jonghyun blurts out loud causing the entire table to crack up. Key frowned and playful punched Jonghyun.

“How dare you call me that.”Key retorted. “Don’t listen to him, Hyerin.” He pointed Jonghyun who was sitting next time him. “He’s a pig and doesn’t know what he is saying.”

“Why do they call you that?”
She asked.

“You should see him at home.” Onew replied. “He’s SHINee’s mother; always nagging. Even me, his hyung.” Hyerin slowly nodded her head. Guess she’ll just have to find out how naggy he was.

“Nahh,” Jonghyun pushed Key’s finger away and started to introduce himself. “I, Kim Jonghyun, am way smarter, and handsomer then umma over here.” Key then began to point fingers and Jonghyun, causing the others to snicker.

“So it looks like they are not going to finish their introductions.” Onew said, “So I guess it’s my turn. I’m the leader and the eldest, Onew.”

“He loves chicken.” Key whispered loudly to Hyerin, making the people sitting in between, Minho and Jonghyun to laugh.

“Of course I love chicken.” Onew retorted. “Who doesn’t?” All of the other members jokingly raised up their hands. “You guys are awful.” Onew gasped and pretended to be hurt.

“You know we’re kidding, hyung.” Taemin said.

“You better be.” Onew threatened the others with his chopsticks. “Or else.”

They raised their hands up to surrender and it seems as if they have forgotten that a guest was at the table. Hyerin sat there quietly eating, and pay attention to the comical conversations that the boys were having. They went on talking about their couple of performances with their new album and having a drinking [soda, so don’t worry guys n –n] contest. Twice, the servers had to ask them to quiet down a bit, even though there weren’t that many guests. Onew also had to calm everyone down, reminding the rest that they were not to be too loud or else they would be discovered. If Hyerin was with her group of friends in Canada, she’d be joining in on the fun and joke around with the SHINee boys as well. But she couldn’t do that with her new friends. She just met them this morning! Not to mention, she had to brush up on her Korea; the years spent around non-Korean speaking people had made her a bit rusty. She could understand and pronounce properly, but she was stiff around the slangs and speaking informally that she tried to remain as quiet as possible.  

- -

“You’re turn.”Jonghyun said as they walked out the restaurant door and started to head back home. “Tell us a little about you.”

“Well,” Hyerin paused. “My name is Rinnee and it my first time in Korea.” She laughed as the others stared at her.

“Really.. We already know that.” Key whined. “Something else.”

“How old are you?” Taemin piped up.

“17.”

“Favourite sport?” Minho asked.

“I love sports!” Hyerin jumped into the air. “I was the best guard in my high school basketball team.” She pretended like she was dribbling a ball and whizzed between each member. Minho and Taemin joined in; Minho chasing after Hyerin,and Taemin waving his arms in the air for her to pass the invisible ball.

“What else did you like to play?” Minho continued to ask as they were approaching a small park.

“Ummm, softball.” Hyerin stated. “I was also on the track and field team.” They all gave Hyerin a curious look.

“What? Did I say something wrong?” Hyerin slowly lifted her hand to cover .

“Ah, no.” They all said.

“It’s just we rarely hear a girl who plays so much sports.” Key told her. “And you don’t look like the type to play sports.”

“Oh, really?” Hyerin raised an eyebrow. “What type do you think I am?” She slowly nodded her head but stopped when she saw a set of swings. But before anyone replied she exclaimed. “I call the one on the right!” Without looking back, she sprinted for towards them.

“Ahh, Hyerin. You’re such a kid.” Key started to nag. “Half of us have to wake up super early for a recording so we want to go back and sleep. Besides, you’re too old to play on swings.”

“Hyung, you don’t have to be such a party popper.”
Minho elbowed him. “If you want, we can go back up first with Jonghyun hyung and Taemin. Onew hyung can stay here with Hyerin. He doesn’t have schedule tomorrow morning.”

“Ahhh, it’s just the first day and look at how much trouble you are getting into.” Key jokingly yelled at Hyerin. Hyerin stuck a tongue at him. “Just don’t stay out too late. And try not to catch any attention.” He said as he followed the others back home. 

“Well, then.” Onew slowly said as he walked up to the swings. “I guess it’s the two of us.” He sat down on the other swing and began to rock back and forth.

“Mhmm.” Hyerin answered as she swung higher.

There wasn’t much to say really. Boy, was it smart of the guys to leave just one member and Hyerin here. They barely have anything to talk about. Occasionally, Hyerin looked over to see Onew staring into space. When Hyerin wasn’t noticing, Onew would look over, too, watching Hyerin as she looked up into the night sky. Then suddenly, a voice broke the silence.

“Well you done done me and you bet I felt it.
I tried to be chill but you’re so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I’m trying to get back.”

Hyerin turned her head to look at Onew. There he was, with his eyes closed and singing. Well, he didn’t know any other way to break the silence. And singing seemed like a good idea to him."Is it like a weird habit of his?” Hyerin thought but she smiled. All she needed was the first two words and Hyerin could already tell what song it was. She waited until he got to the chorus and then joined in, harmonizing with him. 

"Well open up your mind and see like me
open up your plans and damn you’re free
look into your heart and you’ll find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment, baby sing with me
I love peaceful melody
it’s your god-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved love

so I won’t hesitate no more no more
it cannot wait im sure
theres no need to complicate
our time is short
this is our fate
im yours.”

The both couldn’t help but laugh after that. It seems like Onew’s idea worked. (:

“I didn’t know you could sing English so well.” Hyerin exclaimed as they took a break at the nearby bench. She was still quietly humming the song to herself. “Not to mention, you really an AMAZING voice.”

“Really? Well, I am in a group for a reason.” Onew flashed one of his famous ear-to-ear smile, which had Hyerin elbowing him playfully. “Thanks. I practiced a lot and I guess our group likes listening to English songs too.“ Onew shrugged his shoulder. “But, hey. You are great. SM is great to have a trainee with as good as a voice as you.”

Hyerin might not have noticed, but she felt comfortable around him. While he had a childish smile on his face, there was something about that made Hyerin blush. “Thanks.” She answered. “Stop it Lee Hyerin. You’re not here to have a crush on a celebrity. You’re here because you are going to be a singer.” Hyerin shifted her eyes slightly. “Be strong.” Yeah, she was the type that loved watching others fall lovey dovey in love or pour out tears of happiness over a drama but she can never take on a relationship. Every time a boy confessed, she would think about it and then using ‘focusing on education’ excuse or the ‘I’m just not ready yet’ one she would reject them. It was true though, she placed her career over everything. She even skipped 5 days of school once to go to an audition that was in a different city and using up her part-time job money on singing classes.

“Want to get ice cream? Or do you want to get back?” Onew stood up.

“Sure!” Hyerin stood up excitedly, but stopped in her tracks. “Actually, I think I should go back.” She grimaced. “I have morning practice. Sorry.”

Onew tried to hide the disappointed look on his face. “That’s okay. We can go next time. I’ll show you this place that gives you the biggest scoops of ice cream for the cheapest price.”

“Sure. That’s be great.” Hyerin said as they started to walk back to their apartment.

The walk back was quiet. Onew was so into the moment back there that he was speaking to Hyerin informally, which was rude to him when they just met today. But it slipped out so naturally, like Hyerin was an old buddy. But when she rejected his ice cream offer, his heart dropped. What was he was feeling? “It was probably just something I ate today.” He reasoned as he rubbed his stomach. He thought about the question Hyerin asked the boys. “What type…” He thought about it. “Well, she seemed like a nice girl…” As walked into the lobby, Onew sideways glanced at Hyerin. “Pretty, but her attitude is definitely different from others.” They stepped into elevator. “How should I answer?” They stepped out of the elevator and began to walk down the walkway.

“Hyerin,” Onew began. “You know earlier…?”

“Hmm?” Hyerin turned around to look at him, as her hand was in her bag, rummaging for the keys.

“You said...I mean, I said something the English songs? When we both have time, you want to teach me some songs?” Onew said in one breath.

“Sure.” Hyerin smiled as she unlocked her door.“Just tell me, and I’ll find a good song for you. Good night then.”

“Yeah,” Onew said as Hyerin closed the door. “Good night.” He dropped his arms and let out a sigh of relief. “Really. Teach me English songs? Is that the best thing I can think of?” He muttered to himself as he walked to his door. Onew took a deep breath and unlocked the door. “Maybe next time.”.


 

Here is chapter 5 <3 Hope you guys like it. It hard to wirte about Onew when he's so clumsy and cute XD I’m so so so sorry that I haven’t updated any time sooner. D: Start of a new semester = a lot of work. I’m already behind on my calculus. =O So anyways, a new character is going to appear soon, so please be sure to check the foreword page for a character update. (:

P.S. Thanks for everyone who watched my video. Continue to support me as I will try to upload new covers…soon. But here’s the link to my audition, which is now over. Yeah, I didn’t make it. The video wasn’t as perfect as I wanted it to be. : / 
Crono Net & Koreaboo: Cube Audition 2011 - "Terrified"
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FM_8Kzj_YA]