[o3] first impressions

To Be . . . [Romantic Oasis]

Song of the chapter::
no music (:

Credits::
main image credit to iamkimji [http://iamkimji.deviantart.com/
]
background image credits to jaicca [http://jaicca.deviantart.com/]

[chapter 3 ;; first impressions ]
_____________________________________________________________________

[Recap…]

“What to do. What to do.”
Rinnee said as Amber sat down beside her. “Thanks anyways. Guess I’ll have to look into living with my relatives later.” She slapped her bag. “I really wanted to live away from family this time!”
“What’s this I hear about room and renting?” A male voice asked behind them. Rinnee and Amber both turned around to see who the voice belonged to.


Standing at the door was Key, none other then from SHINee. He looked from Rinnee to Amber and back to Rinnee again. He had a curious smile on his face, and did a small wave at the two of them. Rinnee blinked unable to respond to the question. Well, that’s what happens when a member of a group you like is standing less than 50 meters away from you. She had never realized it, but becoming a trainee meant that she would be meeting idols, and people that she had kind of looked up at. One would think that fact would have gone through her mind sooner, but nope. Being so engulfed with the idea that she was going to stand stage and sing pushed all other thoughts away.

But there was Key, a member of the infamous SHINee, known to melt all their fans with their dance and voice. From what Rinnee has heard, their newest album, Lucifer, came out a week ago. She has heard it once and it was really good and catchy. She even had their previous album; that fact should be better left unsaid. Footsteps interrupted her thoughts as she watched the other members come up slowly behind him. 

“Why did you stop, hyung?”Minho placed a hand on his shoulder. Key turned to look at them the same moment as Amber got up from the sofa.

안녕(Hello)Amber said as she walked up to them.

“Nothing.” Key replied to Minho. “I just heard Amber talking to this girl about room and renting.”

“Yeah. Nothing much.” Amber said. “Come take a seat. I want to introduce you to my friend.” She motioned for the members to sit down on the opposite sofa. The boys all shrugged and followed Amber.

“Guys, meet Lee Hyerin. Childhood friend from LA.” Amber pointed to Rinnee. Trying not to be as stiff as a stick, she bowed and the members. “Hyerin, this is SHINee…which I think you have heard of.” Rinnee’s face turned a bit red.

“You didn’t have to make that last comment…” Rinnee thought to herself. She didn’t want their first impression of her to be a fan girl. But Rinnee managed a smile. “Nice to meet you all.” Sitting back down on the sofa.

“Nice to meet you, too” The boys said in unison.

“So, what’s this I hear about renting?” Key was the first to say something. They all had a curious expression on their faces. “Not to be nosy or anything…” Key added in the last moment. Rinnee was about to reply when Amber beat her to it.

“Hyerin just got off the plane and needs a place to stay.”Amber said.

“Oh really…” Key and Minho both said, while the others nodded.

“She’s going to be a new trainee her.” Amber added.

“Really?” This time the of them replied and turned to look at Rinnee and the luggage around her.

“Y-Yeah.” Rinnee managed to say. She was nervous, how many chances do you have a famous group being interested in your life/situation. “I look forward to working with you.” Rinnee said and gave them a small smile.

“Hey, hyung,” Taemin started to say. Everyone turned towards him. “Don’t we have that empty place right next to us?” Taemin seemed to be directing this question to Onew.

“I think we do…” Onew paused to think about it. “Yeah we do!” A big smile appeared on his face. “If you don’t mind, you could live there for the time being, Hyerin.” Onew was now looking at Rinnee with a sincere smile. There was just something about that smile that made Rinnee lost in thought.

“Really?” Amber replied excitedly. “That’s great! Now you don’t have to be sleeping on the streets.” Amber turned to look at Rinnnee who blinked a couple times before replying.

“That’s great. Thanks so much!” She smiled and bowed her head. “Living beside SHINee. Heh, that’ll be a shocker when I decide to tell my friends.” She laughed in her mind. “But I shouldn’t tell or else, I’d get into trouble…”

“Great.” Jonghyun stood up and clapped his hands. “We’ll be leaving soon to go back to the house. You wanna come with us then?”
Rinnee looked up at Jonghyun. “Sure.” She smiled and watched as the SHINee members all said their goodbyes and walked out of the lounge.

“See you later!” Key waved as he walked off. “Bye.” The rest all said and left.

Rinnee sat back down and took a breath of relief. Good thing that was over. “How was it like meeting them?” Amber jokingly asked. She could see that Rinnee was slightly embarrassed in seeing them.

“Hey.” Rinnee pointed her fingers at Amber warningly. “I’m not one of their fan girls. You will never see me faint or hear any screams of excitement from me. Or blush at everything they do” She stuck out her tongue in disgust. Not saying that they weren’t likeable, but Rinnee wasn’t the type to do that. “Now, we were going to find my instructor...?” Rinnee tailed off as Amber grabbed her shoulders and pushed her out of the lounge.

“Leave your bags there. Let’s go.” Amber said.

- -

They stopped in front of a dance studio that had around twenty or so people dancing to ‘Haru Haru’ by Big Bang. Amber walked in and motioned Rinnee to follow. They waited until the song was over and Amber waved at the teacher.

“Okay guys.” The teacher clapped his hands. “Five minutes! Then we’re back to the opening choreo.” The dancers slowly walked towards the sides to retrieve their towels and water bottle. The teacher, too, grabbed his towel and walked up to us. “What’s up?” He said, still out of breath from dancing.

“Changsook, this is a new trainee, Lee Hyerin.” Amber pointed to me and I smiled.

“I didn’t get a letter from the head…” Changsook looked at me then wiped his face with the towel and finally hanging it around his neck.
“She’s not a special recruit,” Amber explained. “Only specials get a letter. She was casted with the others last year in December from Canada. The casting list and profiles should be with you.”

Changsook thought for a moment. “All those came already,” He gestured to the people behind him. “Some are in the music rooms right now.”

“Um, I asked to come later-this summer actually.” Rinnee said. “I think I’m in this group but I wanted to finish my last year first before coming.”

Changsook looked at you for a brief moment. “I’ll check the list again later. But come back tomorrow morning anyways.” He smiled and turned to Amber. “Shouldn’t you be practicing?”

Amber’s smiled faded. “Shoot.” She snapped her fingers, “I’ll see you later then.” She turned to Rinnee. “We should meet up and talk.” She gave her a hug and left the room.

“So, see you at 6?” Changsook asked again.

“Mhmmm. Sure thing.” She bowed.“Thank you.” Changsook walked off and started to talk to the group again. Nowhere to go, Rinnee decided to stary a bit longer to watch. “I’m going to be doing this tomorrow.” She thought with determination in her eyes. A couple times, she tried to follow the hand movements, tapping her foot lightly to the rhythm. “Hey, this isn’t that bad.” Rinnee never was really into dance. Sure, she did ballet when she was small, but she dropped it after not being able to the splits perfectly. None the less, she found it interesting as she got older. There were times earlier in the year where she would be watching SNSD performing Run Devil Run and she would be standing up, learning the steps.

“Hey. Pssst, Hyerin.” Rinnee heard a voice to her right. She turned her head to see Taemin poking his head into the room. “We’re leaving now. Ready?” Rinnee nodded and followed Taemin back to the lounge. Key and Onew were there waiting with her luggage.

“Jonghyun and Minho went down already.” Key stated picking up the suitcase on the floor.

“No! It’s okay.” Rinne ran forward. “I can take it myself.” Key frowned.

“Non sense!” Key retorted and pulled the suitcase away from her. “You have 3 men here to carry stuff. Here,” Key handed Rinnee her bag. “You can carry this.”

Rinnee sighed, giving up. “Thanks so much, then.” She smiled and followed them down their van. They exited the elevator and into the parking lot where the van sat waiting for them to board.

“Here,” Minho came from behind the van, opening the trunk. “Let’s put your things here.” Onew and Taemin brought your suitcases over to him.

“Thank you.” Rinnee said as the side door opened.

“Ladies first.” Jonghyun held to door open and gestured for Rinnee to get in.

Rinnee smiled. They were all treating her to well as if they were her servants.“No, Hyerin. Don’t think that.” Rinnee warned herself as she got on the van. She sat down at the back as Taemin and Onew got on. Taemin took the spot next to Rinnee, while Onew sat in front of Taemin.

“I call shotgun!” Key shouted and jumped into the front seat.

Jonghyun groaned. “Really?” He shook his head and got in after Minho who sat between Taemin and Rinnee.

“Hope you don’t mind squishing in with us.” Minho turned to say. “It’s going to a while till we get there. Go ahead and take a little nap if you want.” He smiled and turned to start talking to Taemin.

The van started to move and everyone else went into what seemed like their usual routines. Key was turned around and started a conversation with Jonghyun, while Taemin and Minho we’re talking, and Onew was just listening. Rinnee couldn’t help but smile while watching them. They were going to be good friends, she had a feeling. It seemed so much fun being in a group, travelling together. Slowly, Rinnee took out her headphones to listen music. The soft rocking motion of the car was making Rinnee sleepy.“Must not sleep in this car. First impression, Lee Hyerin, first impressions.” Rinnee placed her cold hands on her face. For she did not want to by accidently sleep on Minho’s shoulder or hit her head on the window; that would just be embarrassing. On top of that, she looked weird when she slept; was open and there was the rare occasions that she snored. So in no way she would fall asleep here. “Must keep good…..first…im-impressions…” No matter the effort, Rinnee eventually fell asleep, first her head falling forward, but then slowly fell onto Minho’s shoulder.

“Ehh?” Minho turned his head to see a head on his shoulder. He leaned a bit to check if Rinnee was sleeping. “Hyung, She’s asleep.” Everyone moved to try to see the sleeping girl.

“She must have had a tiring flight,” Key commented as they all returned to their original position. “I always die when we get home after a flight.” Everyone nodded and slowly went back to their routines.

All except for Onew, who waited until the others were busy with their own conversations or sleeping. When he was sure that everyone wouldn’t notice, he slowly turned his head and watched Rinnee sleep. There was something about this girl that was different. Onew couldn’t really determine because they had just met, but so far, his first impression of her wasn’t bad. He rarely found a girl, other then elementary school kids, that wouldn’t scream in excitement or tell everyone after seeing them. He smiled. Onew would have plenty of chances in the future to get to know her. This new girl was going to be a trainee and SHINee’s new neighbour.


 

Chapter 3 for all you lovely people out there<3 Thank you for reading, really, really thankful. After exams = too much time on hand to write. After second semester starts, I won’t be uploading as much as this. 4 pages typed on Word. =O that’s quite a bit…
I lied. I’m using Hyerin next chapter D: but, TAADAA. SHINee everyone c: and and and Onew notices Hyerin (: I’ve been thinking; probably too early in the story? BUT, first impressions are very significant!
P.S. please watch and like this video. I'm trying to audition for CUBE Entertainment and I hope I make it in the second round. It's not my best job in singing, and the video is not really that clear. But still like! share! comment! 
Crono Net & Koreaboo: Cube Audition 2011 - "Terrified"
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FM_8Kzj_YA]