[o10] worried sick

To Be . . . [Romantic Oasis]

Song of the chapter::
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e OST – Into a Nap [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXFphChB25U&feature=related]

Credits::
main image credit to hard-to-be-a-girl [http://hard-to-be-a-girl.deviantart.com/]
background image credits to jaicca [
http://jaicca.deviantart.com/]

[chapter 10 ;; worried sick ]
_____________________________________________________________________

“You, miss, have no idea how long I tried to find you.”

“Me?” Hyerin had wide open as the waiter took them to their seat. The two of them sat down, facing each other. Hyerin stared as this man, who the hell was he? She studied his face. There was something familiar about this guy that she couldn’t figure out.

“Yes you.” He scrunched his brows and looked at her. “It’s rude to gap at someone. Close your mouth.” Hyerin snapped shut as she was told. He proceeded to flipping open the menu and browsing through the selection of dishes. “Let’s see what there is to eat…”

Hyerin tilted her head. “I’m sorry…do I know you?”

The boy looked up. “You don’t know me?” He was quite surprised and rubbed his chin. Hyerin shook her head. ‘I thought I was famous enough to be recognized everywhere…oh well. Better for me, less known equals less commotion.’ “Well, that doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I’m hungry, you’re hungry, so let’s eat.”

“But I-“

“Oh, you’re treating.” He smiled and focused back onto the menu.

“Why am I treating?!” She retorted. Who is this guy? “And, yes who you are matters.” She watched as the stranger sitting in front of her order food.

After he was done, he leaned forward of the table. “Did you notice anything missing while walking?”

Hyerin blinked several times before checking her pockets and opening her bag. “I’m not missing anything.” She said looking back at him.

His head dropped and sighed. “You are so clumsy…” He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a set of keys. On it was Hyerin’s favourite Pikachu and Winnie the Pooh keychains. She gaped and took the keys.

“Why do you have it?”

“You dropped when you took something out of your bag.” He explained as Hyerin was examining her found item. “I called out a couple of times, but you couldn’t hear with your headphones on. And so, I had no choice but to follow you.” He leaned back in his seat. “And so, in order to pay me back, you are treating me to dinner.”

Hyerin bit her lips. So this man was going to mooch off her. She wasn’t that mean though, the man did give her back her keys. “I guess so.” She pointed at him. “I’m not rich, so don’t you go ordering like crazy.” She said as a waiter came around and began placing side dishes and meat on their table. “But thanks.” She smiled and gave a little bow.

“No problem.” He shrugged. His phone vibrated in his coat pocket.

Slowpoke, we’re starting without you.
Where are you anyways.
-Hyunseung

The boy read the text and sighed. Looks like he won’t be having dinner with them tonight. ‘Hyunseung is going to kill me…’ He thought as he hit the reply button.

Yeahh...change of plans.
I can’t come. You guys have fun.
-Junhyung

Before he could put his phone back into his pocket…

You are awful. D=<
- Hyunseng

He sighed. He was going to get complaints when he got home.

--

“So how old are you?”Hyerin asked as they were eating. She found that she had a skill for starting casual conversations. Now it seemed like a good time to put it to use.

“20” He replied in between bites. “You?”  {it’s not his birthday yet!}

“Turning 18. Are you studying?”

“Umm..” Junhyung careful worded his answer. “I’m not studying. I’m a dancer.”

“Like a trainee?” She sat up. “Same here! Which company are you?”

Junhyung was surprised.“Cube.” If she was a trainee, how could have she not heard of them?

“Ohhhh, amazing.” She bit her chopsticks. Then there was the awkward silence. From time to time, Hyerin would look up from eating, thinking of something to say. Guess her casual conversational skills didn’t help her here. He couldn’t find anything to say either. Until he noticed something.

“For a girl, you sure eat a lot.” He pointed out.

Hyerin froze. Was that suppose to be a compliment? An insult? “Um, thanks…I guess.” She took a sip of water and wiped .

“It wasn’t an insult. Just a random comment.” He added. “Girls I know are always so careful of their weight and figure.”

“Yahh. Are you saying I’m not a girl then?” She put down her chopsticks.

“No no no!” He shook his head. He didn’t mean to upset her!

Hyerin laughed. “I’m kidding.” She reached over and patted his shoulder. “I know I eat a lot and I don’t really get fat from it.”

He laughed in relief. For a teenage girl and a trainee, she seems so carefree about weight problems and insults of any kind. ‘Interesting..’ He watched as Hyerin stuff another piece of meat into . 

- -

“Thank you for the meal.” He said as they were exiting the restaurant. No, she didn’t actually pay for everything. How unmanly that would be for him if this spread out! They split, each paying half.

“Thank you for returning my keys.” She bowed back.

“Well, I guess I hope to see you soon.” He stuffed his hands into his pockets.

As Hyerin walked away, she realized she never got to know his name. “Maybe next time.”

“LEE HYERIN.” Someone screamed across the street. She turned towards the voice.

“YOU. SHOULD. PICK. UP. YOUR. PHONE.” The figure and voice was now distinct. It was Key.

“Where were you?!” He grabbed her shoulders and shook them. “When you got cut off, I’d thought you were kidnapped.”

Umma is sure an umma…’ She commented to herself while pulling herself away from Key. “My phone rang out of battery. Then I felt hungry, so I went and ate.” She told him bluntly.

All Key could do was stare at her. “Well at least you could have come back to SM first.” He sighed and they began to make their way back. Getting lost, she wasn’t scared off, a mad Key, she definitely was. Figuring that it would be better for her to be quiet, she didn’t say a thing on the way back. Key did all the nagging and yelling. As they entered the building, Rinchyeon was the first to approach them, followed by Minho and Jonghyun.

“Where the in the world did you go?” She asked.

“Changsook suggested I should walk around, so I did.” She laughed embarrassedly. “I kind of forgot my stop so I had to walk back.”

“Let’s not talk about that now.” Key shooed them towards the parking lot. “Taemin and Onew are still outside searching around our house. You should call them to let them know you are safe.” He handed his cell phone to Hyerin.

“Hello?” A tired voice answered the phone.

“Onew?” Hyerin asked.

“Hyerin! Thank god you are found,” He called off to someone in the distance. “They found her! – where did you go? You know what, let’s talk about it when you get back.” He hung up the phone, leaving Hyerin on the other end.

“What are we doing with her?” Jonghyun pointed to Rinchyeon as they boarded the van.

“She,” Hyerin grabbed her arm. “Is my new roommate.” She paused. “You guys did say I could get a roommate...”
Jonghyun opened his mouth about to say something, but closed it again and boarded the car.

“He’s just uncomfortable with new people living around us.” Minho said.

“Get on board.” Key grumpily took the passenger seat.

- - 

“You had me – I mean us worried sick!” Onew said after finishing his last piece of chicken. For Hyerin’s punishment, she had to buy everyone a meal, so she decided to have take out fried chicken.

Hyerin groaned. How long did she have to hear all the nagging. “I’ll make sure I charge my phone before I sleep and won’t walk around.”

“And you ate gogi without us?” Taemin pouted.

“Well,” She thought about whether she should tell them about the guy, but crossed that idea. “Yeah, I ate alone. But it was soooo tasty.” Rubbing the fact that she ate a more delicious meal then them.

“Well I have my chicken.” Onew, who saw sitting beside her said

“Yahh.” Key poked Onew. “All you think about is your chicken. And because we spent so much time finding Hyerin, we have to eat another meal of fried chicken.”

“Hey!” Hyerin retorted. “Who said you had to find me? I could of found my way back."

Minho butted in before any of his hyungs could say anything. “Alright already. We found her, we’re back home and we just had a very tasty meal. Now can please go back to our apartment. I’m tired.

Key stuck out his tongue at Hyerin. “Fine. Goodnight.” With that, he stormed off, Minho following closely behind to keep an eye on him.

"Don’t worry about him,” Jonghyun said as they started to clean up the mess. “He was really worried when you went missing. He overreacts a lot.” Hyerin nodded understandingly.

‘I was worried too…’ Onew thought as he began washing the plates.

“It’s okay.” Hyerin grabbed Onew’s arm. “Rinchyeon and I can do it. You guys can go back and rest.”

Onew looked down at his arms and then to Hyerin’s hands. “T-thanks then.” He wiped his hands dry with a towel and stubbled out of the kitchen.

“You guys have a good night.” Rinchyeon bowed and closed the door behind the last member. Slowly she walked back up to the kitchen, Hyerin was in the midst of washing the dishes. “What a day.”

“Yup.”She wiped her forehand on her forearm. “Another day tomorrow.”

Once they finished, they took a seat on the sofa. “Oh right,” Hyerin had her eyes closed. “You’re taking that room over there.” Pointing to the empty room.

Nodding, RInchyeon stretched her legs out. “So, what’s up with the SHINee members? They seen to care for you a lot."

Hyerin thought for a brief moment and tried to think of a reason. “I guess since I was living all alone…they treat me like a little sister since Amber told them to look after me.."

“Amber of f(x)?”

“Yup. Old friends.”

“Ahh..”

“So yeah. We’re just friends.” Rinchyeon yawned.

Rinchyeon laughed. “Doesn’t look like it. Well…some of them that is.

“Oh, really?”

“Well, there’s Minho?"

Hyerin laughed and stood up from the sofa. “Seriously? No.”

“Okay…how about Key?” RInchyeon turned, following Hyerin.

“Nahh. He’s just a mother."

“Don’t tell me that my senses are wrong. They are never wrong.” Rinchyeon frowned.


Hyerin, now in her room replied. “Well, you’re just thinking too much, unnie.”

“Hmm, maybe I am.” Rinchyeon pouted and began taking her things into her room. “But I’m never wrong…"

 


FINALLY <3 Another chapter =) I would like you guys to take note that they never asked each others names. And I never mention his name in their conversation, it’s so you feel the stranger-ness between them, yet they can still talk normally like they have known eat other for longer than 20 minutes. Also, aff was being weird, formatting was really annoying. Please comment! Suggest anything you want to see! I really want to hear your ideas!!! So yeah, this chapter was long. You can see I kind of got lazy towards the end. Cause I was too lazy to split it so I stuffed everything that happened in one night inton here. BAM there you go. C:

P.S. Thanks for everyone who watched my video. Continue to support me as I will try to upload new covers…soon. But here’s the link to my audition, which is now over. Yeah, I didn’t make it. The video wasn’t as perfect as I wanted it to be. : / 
Crono Net & Koreaboo: Cube Audition 2011 - "Terrified"
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FM_8Kzj_YA