six.

Gemini

 

 

Kris woke up one day feeling very relaxed. That night before he went to sleep, he did something he never did before. Pray. For once, he felt afraid for his life. Because of Chanyeol, he wanted to live longer, and he knew that only the Almighty Creator of his favorite stars would have the power to extend his life.

 

And he hopes He’d listen. He hopes it’s not yet too late.

 

He would have been ready to go to the hospital for check-ups. Busan is the medical capital of South Korea and the people were more than willing to assist him with his needs. But as they were closing the planetarium for a trip to the doctor, some fateful news shook the peaceful worlds of Kris and Chanyeol.

 

“The planetarium is scheduled for demolition because the governor sold the land to a private corporation,” the assistant announced. “They’re setting up some industrial complex in the area.”

 

Without thinking twice, Kris ran to the town office which wasn’t so far from the planetarium. Chanyeol quickly caught up. Hearts threatening to break and all hopes warning to wear off, they hastened to the governor to plead for the planetarium to be spared.

 

However, the governor and the private corporation weren’t so generous. But the two men were determined. Days and nights, they would think of compromises. Days and nights, they would try to find help to save what they consider their ultimate lifeline.

 

It took time until Kris and Chanyeol could come up with a strong proposal. Supported by the townspeople, they suggested that the industrial complex be built but the planetarium should be spared. It wouldn’t hurt and would even contribute to the good reputation of the soon-to-be business.

 

Kris pointed out that the planetarium is a part of Busan’s culture. It could pave the way to making the province the capital of astronomical studies in the south. According to his research, there aren’t many planetariums in the place and it could serve as a huge pride-boosting institution for the people living in the area.

 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, had collected signatures and support statements from the people to help Kris with their endeavor. They have to prove that the people do not want the planetarium to be demolished. Plus, the corporation and the government would not say no to the locals.

 

And after a long time of battling, Kris and Chanyeol – together with all the people – did it.

 

The combined efforts of everyone had generated a positive result. The government and the corporation heeded to the request, after finding sense on Kris’ proposals. They had also considered the opinions of the people.

 

The complex would still be established though. However, the planetarium won’t be touched. It has to be given a name though,

 

PARK-WU ASTRONOMICAL OBSERVATORY