The Diary

This is not the reality I wanted.

I was sitting on the sofa in waiting room watching my unnies getting make up. I was the last one to have it. I'm the maknae.

I checked my mobile, but it remined silent. I was waiting for a phonecall from manager unni. She said that people from Strong Heart want me and Sathang in the next episone. I was really excited, but in fact a little stressed too. I would be the first time for us to to that kind of variety. 

"Eunchanah, come here!" the make up artist said. I nodded and placed myself on a chair.

We were getting ready for an interview with Arirang. 'Ha, today I will shine the most' I thought to myself, becouse we were told to speak in English, and I was definitly the best in it from all of members.

FInally we were called to the studio and did the interview. As always, there was a lot of fun, because all of Diary members were really friendly and funny. Sometimes, I get the feeling we're different than other girl groups. I mean... We're not shy and sweet or cute. We hardly care about our image as a girlsband. We are loud, noisy, honest, crazy... At the beggining, we were scolded by our CEO, Mr Park very often, but now he let us do whatever we want, because we gained really hugde amount of fans, by being dorky, childish and a bit insane. 

I honestly loved my members. I've been seeing them for three years now, and I feel like they are my family. I was really young when I decided I want to give my life for music, so at the age of 14 I stepped in to the new label, Sunny Media, and I trained for four years. People were coming and going, and only me and Kiyong were there since the beggining. Kiyong was a hudge fan of Big Bang's T.O.P. She wanted to be as good as him, so she trained hard to achive this goal. Than Satang came along, killing everyone in the building with her dancing skills. We were truly amazed. I've never seen a 16 year old dancing like that. At the end of my second year in Sunny Media, we met Leya. She was the oldest, but defenitly the most unpredictable from all of us. She didn't have oh so grat voice, her moves wern't the best, but she had something that we all were missing - leadership. Leya always knew if we needed something, she was making most of the decisions, it was her who we trusted the most. 

And then, about nine, ten months ago, the CEO called us and said we are forming a band, a four member girlgroup. Our music meant to be a little more like pop-rock. I liked this idea. I love things that are different. So we were given a debut song, the ready-made choreography, everything. Ok, this song was kinda success, that we even didn't imagine it would be, but we didn't feel good in it. The song wasn't ours

So we went to the CEO and asked him, if we could make our second single on our own. He hestitated a little at the beginning, but eventually agreed. But we had a one condition: if the song won't make as good as the first one, we will be disbanded. He said he's got about 5 trainees ready to debut so it doesn't matter to him, if we last or not. 

It was a hudge blow, finding out that our CEO really doesn't care about us. But it gave us even more strenght and passion in doing our music. So me and Leya wrote music and lyrics, Kiyong wrote her rap parts and helped us with music, and Satang made a choreography. We were so happy, that everyone in the comapny helped us with outfits, schedule and every other thing we didn't have a help from CEO himself. 

Diary's second mini album was a graet hit. We almost made it number one in music programs, but with T-Ara'a snd MBLAQ's comeback it was impossible. We were everywhere, people wanted to make interviews, to have us perform. Our CEO was really shocked, and congratulated us right away, apologizing for his not beliving in us. 

But don't get me wrong, we're not the most loved group. In fact we have more fans in Europe and America than in Korea. Maybe we're just too... real? You know, when you ask a typical girl group "What is your ideal type?" member would say "Strong and protective" or "He has to be tall, and cute and funny". But whn you ask Leya about it, she would say "He needs to have a nice ".

I read many comments that we're too straightforward, but I guess it's good. We don't want to be just another girlgruop. We want to be girlgroup that these days industry is missing. Not another cute image, but real people, young girls with their true thoughts.

My phone rang when just when I threw it in my bag. 'Great' I thought and looked for it in this hudge black hole

"Yeoboseyo?" I said not even looking at the caller ID, scared that the person would hang up already.

"Eunchanah?!" I heard my manager unni yelling in some big traffic

"Ne unni?"

"Tell Sathang that tomorow at 3 pm you have to be at Strong Heart recording. You don't have any other schedule. And remind everyone, that today you need to finish your rehersal for Sunday!" she said it really fast, probably in a rush.

"Ne unni, I'll tell them. Bye!" 

Oh my God, I tottaly forgot that we had this hudge concert on Sunday evening, along with many other artists. We wanted to show Brown Eyed Girls "Abracadabra" as the second song, becouse we heard many bands are performing other artist's songs. So our manager unni called the right people and got the premission. We didn't want to geto into any stinky case.

I looked for the girls but didn't find them anywhere. I decided to head to the van, and it was a good decision, because they were already there complaining how slow I am. Yeah, I was slow and I didn't have any movement coorination. It was really hard for me to dance with group, but I often stayed up all night to learn my moves. Besides, I'm always at the back of the scene.

"Aigo, just stop already, I'm here" I sighed getting into the van

The van was really small. We were asking for new one for many many times but Mr Park said that we need to earn money ourselves for a new car. So we were hoping, that after a third single, we will finally be able to afford a new, big van. Besides, the floor was one, big trashbin. Bottles, cans, papers, you could find everything in there. 

"So.... Wanna ice cream?!" Leya said smirking, when she strated the engine. She was the only one with driving license.

"Hell yeah!" we answered happily.

We headed to the best place on earth when it comes to ice cream, but unfortuntly it was in the other side of Seoul. And just when Leya was about to turn the car left to park the car, I screamed

"HAJIMAYO!!!"

"Wae?" the members were coufused

"I forgot, we need to go to the company, now, we have a rehersal!"

"Aish, this girl..." Leya complained

"Mianheyo unni..." I apologized, but I already knew she weren't mad at me. She couldn't be mad at anyone longer than three seconds.

"But..." Kiyong started "We don't need to stay in here to eat the ice cream, right?"

We grinned and head out of car. We just bought the ice creams and ate it in the van, going back to the company. We laughed at Kiyong's engrish moment in today's interview.

We reached the dorm and get ourselves ready for rehersal. When we entered the gym, we didn't really had the time to do or say anything, or even look around because first thing we saw was a fury in our managers eyes

"WHERE WERE YOU?! THE DANCERS ARE WAITING FOR  AN HOUR"

"We're sorry unni, you didn't tell us a specific time..." Leya tried to exuse ourselves

"Ok, ok, just get ready...." she sighed

The rehersal lasted for good 5 hours, so at the end we were all exhusted, espacially me, who can't get the dance moves as fast as the others. I grabbed a bottle of water and drunk all in one sip. I decided to stay here for a while to practice a little more. Suddenly Sathang came to me and asked

"You're nervous?"

"About?"

"I heard there will be MBLAQ tomorrow at Strong Heart" he said grinning

"WHAT?" I spit the water all over the floor

MBLAQ were my favourite sunbaes. They are always so nice to everyone, even to rookies. They helped us a lot when we debuted, telling where to look at on the stage, how to act, how to deal with fans. They were promoting with Mona Lisa that time, that's why we even know them. But not everyone was like this. I've never heard Joon or Mir telling us such things. It's kida shame, becouse Mir is my bias in MBLAQ, but I guess they didn't have that much time. 
And yeah, everytime I see Mir my heart skipps a bit. He just so.... I don't know, I'm just reallu a hudge fan of his.

"But not every member will be there" she said in sad voice

"Oh, good...." I sighed, wishing that Mir won't be there. I was scared I would have to talk to him, and make myself look stupid.

"I heard that tomorrow's guests are Thunder and Lee Joon" Satang continued

"Oh even better"

"Oh! And Mir!" she smirked

"Well ."

I got up and headed to the dorm.

Oh my God, what if I would really have to talk to him? I am so afraid he would think I'm stupid or shallow... Or that I am ugly in real world. Aigo, I don't want to meet him!