Meet My Bestfriend

Is It Ok If I Call You Honey?

 

           Hyoyeon didn’t bother to ring the doorbell when she reached Eunhyuk’s house. She immediately opened the gate and went inside.

            Hyoyeon reached their veranda and the main door of the big house opened and her friend Eunhyuk came out.

           “Hyukkie!”

           “Oh, Hyo!”

            “Did you arrive for quite a while now?”

            “Aniyo. We just arrived. I was about to go to your house.”

            “Really?”

            “Neh. I was planning to fetch you so that I can give my presents for you and Grandma Amy. But you’re here now.” Eunhyuk said.

            Hyoyeon’s heart secretly fluttered at Eunhyuk’s words. Even though she’s out of Eunhyuk’s sight, he never forgets her. She was supposed to go with him and his family to Busan. Eunhyuk already asked permission from her grandmother and she permitted her. But she suddenly remembered that she won’t be able to enroll if she will go with Eunhyuk. And he was already done enrolling just last week. She just enrolled this morning because she has to wait for her grandma’s pension.

            “What’s your present for me?” Hyoyeon asked Eunhyuk.

            “You’re favorite. I also brought some fruits and vegetables for you.”

            Hyoyeon sat on the single couch in the veranda.

            “I’ll go home later. C’mon, tell me what happened in Busan, Hyukkie.” Hyoyeon said sweetly at him.

            “It was fun,” a short answer from Eunhyuk.

            Hyoyeon waited for other answers from him. She saw him taking a seat near the veranda. He was just smiling at her with no plans of talking anymore.

            “That’s it? That’s all? It was fun?”

            “Neh.”

            “Aish! Haven’t you got anything other than that? Tell me how Tiffany looked when she got married. What was the name of the guy your cousin married again?”

            “Donghae.”

            “Oh, Donghae. So how did Tiffany look? And her wedding gown, describe it.”

            “Her gown’s really beautiful—I guess all brides look beautiful on their wedding day, right? They really prepared for that day to make sure they look perfect.”

            “Neh. Why do they prepare that much, huh? They have to look perfect and they seem so conscious about how they look. Just like your Taeyeon unnie, right? When she married Leeteuk oppa. The same as your other cousin, Seohyun and now Tiffany.”

            “Of course. Brides should be conscious on how they look on their wedding day because they wouldn’t want to look messed up, right? If that’s the case, their grooms might run away from them,” Eunhyuk said to her with a smirk on his face.

            “You’re crazy! Do you mean guys only marry girls because of their face? No way! You should know that people marry because of love.” Hyoyeon answered seriously.

            Hyoyeon glared at her childhood friend. ‘He has goose bumps when it comes to love? He badly needs some spanking.’

________________________________________________________________________________________________

           Grandma Amy was so happy upon seeing Eunhyuk. That Hyoyeon secretly rejoiced. She knew that her grandma loves him as if he’s her own grandson. If Eunhyuk will court her and will be her boyfriend, she knows for sure that she won’t have problems because Grandma Amy likes Eunhyuk.

            Hyoyeon sometimes think that her friend is really naive because he doesn’t know what she feels for him. That she sees him more than a best friend.  But she also thinks that it’s better that Eunhyuk doesn’t know. She doesn’t want that one day she won’t be able to talk to him the way they used to. She also doesn’t want him to stay away from her. She had been feeling this since they were kids and it’s been bugging her. But since she’s a girl, she can’t court him.

            And why are boys the only one who is allowed to court? If girls would do that, it would be a shame. But she’s willing to be ashamed, if that means her happiness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd Chapter up chingus!

Hope you like it!

Read, comment and subscribe!

No silent readers please!

Kamsahamnida!

^_^