Hormones, Probably

Guts

Hyerin dragged her feet behind her as she entered Yeongnam Academy’s school gates, fighting to keep her eyes open. Ever since Chen proposed the idea of going to the Westin Chosun this coming Saturday, she and the others have been losing sleep as they stayed up late every night trying to learn the different rigs and strategies in gambling. It was not as easy as it seemed; Chen needed to repeat table play pointers every single time for them to catch on.

With a yawn she didn’t bother covering, she fished out her phone from her skirt pocket to check her messages.  She had been ignoring it since she woke up and like what she expected, there were two missed calls from Xiumin, one from Kris, another from Chen, four from Sehun, and then five from Chanyeol.

 

From: OhMiJa

so i cant believe ur brother gave me his digitz!!! 

he said he wants 2 meet up wit me and introduce me 2 his model friends!! :D

u think i could get discovered and become famous 2??

Sent: March 8, 2013, 6:33 AM

 

From: Kris

Don’t forget Chanyeol’s game later at 8

it’s a big game for him

don’t be late

Sent: March 8, 2013, 6:43 AM

 

From: Jongd-ayyeeeee

Are you ready for tomorrow night?

Make sure you brush up on your card skills and seduction techniques. 

See you later. -Chen

Sent: March 8, 2013, 6:55 AM

 

From: Yeol

ARE YOU GOING TO WATCH MY GAME LATER

THIS MORNING????

PLEASE WATCH IT

I WANT TO SEE YOU CHEER ME ON!!!

:DDDDDDD BYEEE!111!

Sent: March 8, 2013, 7:00 AM

 

Hyerin’s eyes widened from surprise as she realized it was Chanyeol’s game that morning. The boy had been bugging her about it for days now, and she couldn’t believe she forgot about such an important event like that.

She pushed her sleeves up to her elbows and checked the time. It was only seven-thirty, and thankfully there was still time to gather her things and walk to the gymnasium.

Without waiting any longer, she entered her building and headed towards her locker.

The hallways were completely deserted, which meant that students were already in the gymnasium for the basketball game. She shook her head as she was reminded by her own forgetfulness.

When she reached her designated locker, she put in the combination and the thin metal door unlocked. Without thinking much about it, she opened it only to be taken aback by a pleasant surprise.

There, lying on top of her books was a red rose with a pink ribbon tied loosely around it.

“What the heck,” she muttered under her breath as she picked it up from inside her locker. She stared at the flower for a while before her eyes darted down to the ribbon where a note was attached.

Just for you, sweet pea. :)

-Kai

Hyerin couldn’t help but laugh after reading the short message, her loud voice echoing through the abandoned hallways. Trust Kai to be a complete cheese ball at the most random of times.

While shaking her head from amusement, she gathered her things and closed her locker shut.

The walk to the indoor basketball court was not too long, as she already found herself in front of the building painted red and blue. She pulled the heavy doors, letting herself in.

Hyerin was never the type of student who got involved in major school events, so this sight was relatively new to her. The basketball gym was completely packed with students from both Yeongnam and Gangnam, the opposing school. People were still filing in the premises while the ones who were seated either chatted animatedly with their group of friends or cheered for their school out of excitement. Banners and balloons of different sorts were everywhere, and the sight amazed Hyerin.

Waving off her amazement, she started up the stairs to look for Kris and some of the others, only to come across a certain someone.

Hyerin chuckled to herself as she watched Kai climb down the stairs, still clad in his cleats and baseball uniform with his red cap in hand. He seemed to be in a rush, but Hyerin whistled to get his attention anyway.

Kai’s head whipped up from the sound and a smile immediately graced his handsome face when he saw Hyerin.

“Hey!” he exclaimed, poking her sides when they met in the center.

“Where’re you going, sweet pea?” Hyerin asked playfully, waving the rose in front of his face to .

Kai laughed as he bashfully pressed his palm against his forehead. “I see you finally got your little present.”

“Hell yeah, I did, although I have no idea how you managed to break into my locker. Can you teleport into small cramped spaces, too?” she joked, making him chuckle. “And, hey, you didn’t answer my question.”

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. “Unfortunately, I can’t watch Chanyeol’s game since I have dance practice with Lay and Sehun. We have this dance thing going on on Sunday so we have to get all the practice we need.”

“Oh. Well, I’ll see you around, then?”

“Definitely.” He grinned, digging a hand inside his pocket. “I’ll catch you later,” he said, pinching her cheek before walking away.

Hyerin shrugged with a small smile on her face before continuing up the stairs. She scanned the rows of seats until she finally spotted Kris. It was not difficult as the boy’s tall figure stuck out from the rest.

Hyerin walked to their row and excused herself from the people who were already seated. Once she made it to Kris, she lightly punched his arm to catch his attention.

He looked to the side, eyes widening in recognition. “Oh, hey,” he said.

“Hey!” She grinned. “So did I miss anything?”

“No, you’re just in time. It’s about to start in ten minutes. Here, sit in my spot,” he said, standing up like the gentleman he was to make Hyerin sit in his seat beside Chen. Seeing this, the others looked up.

“Hi, Hyerin!” Chen, Xiumin, and Luhan greeted.

“Hey, guys. What’s going on?” she asked, plopping down on the seat while Kris sat beside her. “Where are the others?”

“Not everyone could make it,” Xiumin explained, reaching out over to Luhan to take a handful of popcorn. “All the other athletes have training excluding me and Kris. Suho’s busy with student council discussing this event their planning, Baekhyun had to work on a project, and I don’t know about the others. Everyone’s pretty much busy with personal stuff.” 

“I see,” Hyerin huffed, snatching the soda from Chen just when he was about to drink.

“Hey!” Chen complained.

“Everyone seems to be up to something except for me.” Hyerin took a sip before placing the can of Diet Coke on Chen’s lap. “School’s becoming less of a priority. It’s not fun for me. Heck, it never was.”

“Maybe you need more motivation.” Kris shrugged. “Something to keep you up and going.”

“What do you suggest, then?”

“Join a club or something,” Luhan suggested. “That’ll make you more involved in school.”

“Oh please.” Hyerin rolled her eyes, leaning back on her seat. “I already have M-LX to stress over. I don’t think I can handle any more bull from school.”

“Just try it out! It might even help you figure out what career you want in the future!” Xiumin said.

“I know what I want to be when I finish high school and that is to be a full time agent at M-LX. I can’t see myself steering away from that kind of work.”

“You need a back-up plan of some sort, Hyerin. You can’t be fighting off supernatural beings forever,” Chen said, while the others nodded their heads in agreement.

“But I don’t even know what I like.”

“Sports,” Kris suggested. “You like physical activities. Maybe you should do that.”

“She’s had enough of physical activities, Kris. Give her something that’s completely new,” Chen said, popping a french fry in his mouth, “like literature or dancing for example.”

“Dancing? Literature? Ha!” Hyerin laughed obnoxiously. “I’d rather die than do any of that.

“You’ve got to have some sort of hobby, Rin,” Luhan said. “Your life’s boring as hell.”

“It’s not boring when you’re fighting crime. No ordinary person can handle that, you know.”

“Yeah, but like I said earlier, you need to do things outside of that dangerous stuff.” Chen glared at her. “What about the Glee club? Can you sing?”

“Hell no.” Hyerin looked at him, scandalized.

“What about the wrestling team? Or the boxing team with D.O?” Xiumin suggested.

“No way,” Chen and Kris chorused.

“She needs variety,” Chen said.

 “Oh, why not learn an instrument?” Luhan grinned. “That’s simple enough.”

Hyerin furrowed her brows, rubbing her chin in consideration. That can be a possibility as it wasn’t troublesome and it didn’t involve any kind of major social interaction with anyone in the school. She might actually give it a chance.

Just when she was about to tell them about her interest, Chen took the red rose she’d been holding the whole time.

“What’s this?” he asked, inspecting the flower. “Did Baekhyun give this to you?”

Hyerin chuckled before taking it back. “No.”

“Then who did?” Kris raised a brow. He couldn’t really think of anyone other than Baekhyun who would give it to her.

“Kai did,” she said. “He sneaked it inside my locker. That sly little fox.”

The boys gave each other suspicious looks.

Huh. Really?” Chen asked in a skeptic tone. “That’s nice of him.”

“It is.”

“Speaking of, how are things between you and Baekhyun?” Kris asked with the same careful tone as Chen.

“Great,” she said simply. “Nothing much has happened. We’re just really getting along lately.”

“That’s good.” Kris nodded, turning his attention to the court once the announcer finally spoke up, but not before making brief, mischiveous eye contact with Chen.

From the sound of the announcer’s voice booming throughout the stadium, the people rose from their seats excitedly while yelling their school chants. There was a short briefing of who were competing that day and their standings before the announcer finally presented each teams.

He introduced Yeongnam’s basketball team first, calling the members’ names one by one while the crowd cheered for each of the players. Chanyeol was the last to be called, and when he finally jogged out of the locker room, the whole stadium erupted into cheers.

Hyerin and the others were screaming at top of their lungs, proud of the boy who was now waving to the audience with a small adorable smile on his face. His eyes were scanning the huge crowd, obviously looking for his group of friends.

Chanyeol met eyes with Hyerin first, turning his smile into a huge grin. He waved both his hands in the air, jumping up and down as he called out her name happily.

Hyerin did the same, giving him thumbs up before shouting, “Go, Chanyeol! You can do it!”

---

Hyerin groaned out of frustration as she pulled herself up from the mat. She gave the boy she was sparring with a death glare.

“Not one of your best days, Hyerin?” Baekhyun teased, his fists positioned in front of him.

She scoffed. “I’m going easy on you.”

“Oh, really?” he huffed, flipping his bangs out of his eyes. “Does that apply to the last three fights we’ve done before this? ‘Cause that’s an awful lot.”

“You know, you should stop being cocky.” Hyerin rolled her eyes. “Don’t want that pretty face to get ruined, do we?”

“I’d like to see you try,” Baekhyun taunted, smirking.

Hyerin sighed before getting into the same stance as her opponent. Everything she said was a complete lie. She wasn’t going easy on Baekhyun; rather, she was losing to him fair and square. She didn’t know why this was the case because she knew she could beat the boy in an instant until, that is, she noticed how she was getting distracted.

Like how it was most of the time, she’d been noticing the little things about him, like how attractive he was when he was covered in sweat, or when his muscles bulged out when he’s stretching. It was disturbing how obsessed she was with him. Plus, she just realized that she was kind of a ert as well.

Hyerin snapped out of her thoughts when she felt the mat rumble under her feet. She looked up, only to see Baekhyun charging towards her.

With wide eyes, she dodged the punch he was going to land on her face and ran to the other side, switching back to the basic stance. He took advantage of her vulnerability.

She blushed, embarrassed at her own inattentiveness. “I wasn’t ready!”

“You have to be alert at all times!” Baekhyun laughed.

With an angry huff, Hyerin ran towards him and kicked him right in the gut, making him stumble back. He regained his balance quickly and held her right arm with his own, twisting it lightly enough to send a slight shock of pain up her arm.

Hyerin gasped from the pain but quickly recovered. She turned around and karate-chopped his stomach with her left hand. Baekhyun groaned silently, but was smart enough to take this opportunity to grab both her hands and throw her forcefully down the mat.

Hyerin got up to her feet as soon as her back landed on the mat. She charged towards Baekhyun once again, and from there, they exchanged punches.

At this rate, Hyerin was winning the hand-to-hand battle until Baekhyun caught her fist in his hands, the sudden interruption of movement making her slightly stumble forward and collide with his body.

Their foreheads touched. She looked up at him, startled, and was once again distracted by the way he stared back at her, chest rising and falling from breathing heavily. She gulped, feeling her heartbeat fasten in pace. She was sure it was not from the strenuous activity they were currently engaged in.

Baekhyun gave her a smirk, and then everything else happened so fast. Before she knew it, she was already slammed down to the ground.

Hyerin couldn’t do anything but stare up at the ceiling from shock. Baekhyun laughed out loud and kneeled beside her motionless form. “Beat you again, Hyerin. I thought you’ve gotten a lot stronger? What happened?” he teased playfully before walking away.

“How did he…?” Hyerin couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t like she was belittling Baekhyun’s ability as a fighter, but she was sure she could have finished him in an instant. Were her feelings getting in the way of her focus?

Hyerin remained motionless for a whole five minutes, still not believing how she lost four times in a row. It wasn’t until a shadow hovered over her body that she snapped back to reality.

“I can practically smell the failure you’re exuding from the other side of the room, you love-struck fool,” Kyungsoo said with folded arms.

Hyerin continued to stare up at the ceiling. “My pathetic pride is extremely wounded right now,” she deadpanned, eyes still wide from shock. “Please go away and leave me alone to self reflect.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “C’mon, drama queen,” he grabbed her arm, “let’s go work on your punches.”

With a dejected sigh, she let herself get pulled up to her feet by Kyungsoo. He led her out of the large training gym where all of them frequented in and into the lobby where the private rooms were.

Once they finally spotted an unoccupied room, Kyungsoo the dim lighting and entered inside with Hyerin following from behind.

“So what’s up with you?” Kyungsoo asked, walking over to the pile of punching bags at the corner of the room. “You’ve been fighting like a five-year-old lately.”

“I don’t know. I’ve been getting distracted for some reason.” She folded her arms. “Why are we doing this again?”

“You’re forgetting the basics. And your defense . Here,” he said, tossing a roll of gauze to her, “put that on.”

Hyerin caught the tape, and with a sigh, started to unroll it. “I don’t think this is necessary.”

“Oh, it is,” Kyungsoo picked up a heavy punching bag effortlessly and dropped it on his shoulder. “If you’re doing the move wrong, it won’t have the same intensity compared to when you’re doing it properly. I saw you and Baekhyun, and you’re practically just throwing blows at him without thinking.”

“Well, sorry.” She rolled her eyes, sloppily wrapping the tape around her hands. “I don’t think there’s any time to think about how you execute the moves when you’re in the middle of a fight, you know.”

“Well you wouldn’t even have to think about it in the first place if you’ve completely mastered it already,” Kyungsoo retorted, hooking the punching bag to the ceiling. “Or is there another reason why you’ve been lately?”

Hyerin glared at him. “What do you mean by that?”

“You know what I’m talking about,” he scoffed. “Your feelings for Baekhyun get in the way of your fighting. And my god, can’t you even do something as simple as to wrap your hands?” Kyungsoo walked over to Hyerin and grabbed her arm. He took off the poorly made wrap and straightened it out before starting with her wrist.

“Hey, don’t involve my personal issues in this, alright?” Hyerin said.

“I mean, Baekhyun’s a nice guy and all, but I don’t think he’s nice enough to put up with your stupid.”

“Hey!” she exclaimed, pushing him by the chest.

“I’m just saying.” He shrugged, finishing up with wrapping her left hand. “Knowing Baekhyun, he’s probably into smart girls.”

She raised a brow. “Are you saying I’m not?”

“Don’t put words in my mouth. Other hand,” he mumbled. Hyerin grumpily gave him her right hand and he immediately noticed her bruised knuckles. He was then reminded by the other day when Hyerin managed to break a tower of bricks.

“Well?” Hyerin frowned. “Don’t just stare at it.”

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows knitted together as his thumb mindlessly grazed her knuckles, surprising the girl with his soft touch. But before she could even say anything about it, Kyungsoo went back to wrapping her hand with the gauze.

“What were we talking about again?” he asked distractedly.

“About how Baekhyun likes smart girls,” she deadpanned.

“Right. He likes smart girls.”

“I think I’m pretty smart,” she grumbled, lifting her chin up haughtily.

“Oh, really?” he snorted. “How’s your math?”

“I passed my last test with a C minus,” she said with confidence, only to shy away after. “I mean, that’s still something, right?”

Kyungsoo laughed mockingly. “There goes your chance with Baekhyun.”

“I’m having enough of your witty insults.” She retrieved her arm and placed a hand on her hip. “I thought we were going to have a little teaching session here?”

“Alright, alright, you impatient girl,” Kyungsoo muttered, stepping away. “Let’s start with a basic punch–the jab.”

He demonstrated the move before explaining. “You use your dominant hand to throw the punch while your torso and hips should do a clockwise rotation,” he rotated his body to the left as he performed a straight punch with his right arm, “your rear hand should remain next to your face to guard your jaw.”

Kyungsoo continued to teach Hyerin the basics all over again while the girl obediently listened and executed the steps with ease. Although she already knew the stuff he was teaching her, she did admit that she wasn’t paying much attention to doing them properly anymore, hence making it her weakness.

After teaching her the appropriate stances and moves, Hyerin proceeded to use the punching bag Kyungsoo hung while he watched her carefully. Although she was slightly uncomfortable with him just staring at her, she soon got used to it and continued to work the punching bag.

An hour had already passed and Kyungsoo decided to apply what she learned to actual fighting.

“Remember,” he said. “Don’t take too long in a fight. If there’s an easy way to end the fight, go for it.”

Hyerin nodded, taking off her ponytail, as her hair was now a complete mess.

“Also, pressure points,” he reminded. “Strike the biceps forcefully so your opponent will lose full control of his arm.” He tapped her biceps to prove his point.

“The insides of the opponent’s thigh. It’ll make their knees buckle.” He took a step forward and looked at her straight in the eye. He was standing so close that Hyerin had to tilt her head up to see his face.

“The lower ribs, to disrupt your opponent’s breathing.” His fingers traveled to where her ribcage was, poking it gently. “If you do it right, it might lead to unconsciousness,” he said in a quiet tone.

Hyerin gulped. She felt quite nervous for some reason, judging from how her hand wraps were getting damp from her sweaty palms and from how her heart was beating fast. She had never won a fight with Kyungsoo, ever, so maybe by using the techniques he taught her and her newfound strength and agility, she might actually defeat him for once.

“You ready?” he asked, backing away.

“Yeah,” she said, shaking her head from side to side.

They started out slowly, with Hyerin full of determination while Kyungsoo seemed quite reluctant at first. It was probably his instinct as a guy to not hurt a girl even though clearly it was an absurd thought, but it may be something more than that.

It did not take long for them to finally move on to the real action. They were throwing punches and kicks everywhere, their breathing becoming a little harder as they both found the insane determination to beat each other. What used to be hesitant attacks became aggressive assaults.

Hyerin lifted herself back up from the floor and ran to the other side of the room. She seemed to be using her special abilities with much ease now as she picked up a wooden desk without trouble. The things placed on top of the furniture slid down to the floor as she threw the table at Kyungsoo, who in return, dodged it.

He charged towards her and once again, they were engaged in a fistfight. Hyerin’s ear started bleeding as well as Kyungsoo’s right eyebrow. Nonetheless, they continued to fight, even if they weren’t really playing by the rules anymore.

With Kyungsoo’s lessons completely forgotten, Hyerin swung a dusty punching bag his way, to which he failed to avoid. He collapsed to the ground, coughing violently from the thick dust collecting in the air.

Hyerin took this opportunity to pounce on Kyungsoo, eyes wide with determination like a wild animal chasing its prey. Their bodies rolled on the floor, Hyerin ending up on top of the boy. He did not allow himself to be in the unfortunate position and kicked her off of him.

The move caught her off-guard and made her stumble back, to which Kyungsoo immediately took advantage of. He sent quick hits to her body until she was cornered against the bricked wall, unable to counter his attacks anymore.

Seeing that she was obviously not going to fight back any time soon, Kyungsoo let go of his guard and placed his hands on the wall just beside Hyerin’s head.

"I win," he wheezed.

They were trying to catch their breaths from the tiring fight, both covered in sweat and dust. Hyerin closed her eyes to level her breathing and pressed her palms against the cool concrete wall behind her.

“Why are you helping me?” she asked in an uneven whisper.

Kyungsoo refused to look at her as he jokingly replied, “I don’t think Baekhyun would like a girl who can’t even throw a decent punch.”

“He liked Yoona,” she said a matter-of-factly. “I don’t really see her as a tough girl. What’s really the reason?”

Kyungsoo chuckled sarcastically as he raised a brow, shrugging. “You’ll need it.”

“For what?”

“You know what I mean.”

“No, I don’t know what you mean,” she retorted. “C’mon, Kyungsoo, why?”

“Because.”

“Because?”

“Because.”

“Because what?” she asked, firmly pressing her fist against his chest.

“Because there will come a time where we might not be there to save you,” he said rather forcefully, jaw clenching and unclenching before continuing. “Look, I don’t…I don’t want you to think you’re unsafe here but just in case we-”

“I know,” she cut off with a solemn expression. “I know there’s something going to happen. To me. I’ve become incredibly stronger and faster and I think that’s what they want from me. They’re going to use me against something.”

She nodded, lips set in a straight line as if accepting the truth. “And you’re…you’re just teaching me the basics all over again because the little mistakes are the things that will get me. I can’t afford to make a small mistake. It’ll be the end of me.”

He nodded. “Right.”

“Thank you,” she murmured after a long pause, placing her hands behind her as she looked up at Kyungsoo through her lashes. She was surprised to see that he was already staring down at her.

She never really bothered thinking about it, but Kyungsoo was attractive. In fact, he was handsome, and for some reason, this was the first time she noticed that. He was intimidating and arrogant and once you get to know him better, he’s actually even more intimidating and arrogant. It was completely unnerving, but then you realize that his lips can actually curl into a smile—even though technically it’s a smirk—or his anger-filled eyes can turn into wide innocent orbs; by then, you’ll be in for a pleasant surprise.

This side of Kyungsoo she was staring at, though, was slightly different from the others. This was the side that rarely showed itself.

The Kyungsoo with his black fitted tank covered in sweat and dust, hair messily tousled on top of his head, fringe slightly shadowing over his pretty eyes, all the while staring at her in a way that made her think that she’s somewhat important to him. She was not so sure as to how she came up with that idea, but maybe it was the way his face contorted with worry that she knew she was probably right. She didn’t dare ask, though.

Hyerin had the urge to touch him. She had the urge to take her hands from behind her and reach over to his face and, surprisingly, she did.

Her hand slowly clasped the side of his face, thumb wiping away the blood that was gushing out of the cut above his eyebrows. All the while, Kyungsoo was just staring at her.

Her gaze met his, and it seemed like her touch comforted him as the determined look he had earlier became gentle and dazed.

Hyerin pulled her hand away and he let her. Maybe this was hormones. Maybe it was some teenage phase she was going through, the urge to touch. It was the only rational reason, and of course sooner or later she would have to feel this way being around twelve good-looking boys every day.

She was absolutely positive; it was only hormones.

The sound of the door sliding open made the two turn their direction to whoever it was that came inside the room.

“Hey, I heard from the–oh.” Baekhyun’s eyes were wide from surprise. “I’m sorry was I…? Should I just…?” he stuttered, backing out of the room with uncertainty.

“U-Uh,” Hyerin stammered. “N-No, we were just…we were-”

“We were just practicing. Don’t worry we’re finished anyway,” Kyungsoo cut off in a serious tone.

He turned to look at Hyerin. “You. Go,” he ordered, nodding towards Baekhyun.

“Uh-”

“Go ahead.”

“But I-”

“Go,” he whispered softly, tapping her chin with his knuckles. “Don’t waste this chance to talk to him again.”

Hyerin stared at him for a while before sighing and throwing her hands in the air from defeat. “Alright. I’ll be taking my leave, then.” She patted his back before walking away. “Thanks a lot.”

With that, Baekhyun also thanked him and closed the door shut, leaving him alone in the dimly lit training room.

Kyungsoo just stood in place and stared at the ground.

With a deep sigh, his head tilted back as he on a tooth, lazily throwing a light punch at the wall.

---

“My god, what happened to you?” Baekhyun questioned as they stood outside the training department, dusting off Hyerin’s hair.

She chuckled lightly, lowering her head from embarrassment. “Well, Kyungsoo and I ended up in a brawl inside that room.”

“Damn. I can already imagine it and it is not pretty,” Baekhyun laughed, making her follow suit.

“Yeah, it really isn’t,” she mumbled with a small smile. She would rather die than let Baekhyun see her go at it like a wild beast.

He nodded, rocking his feet from side to side as he dug his hands inside his back pockets. “Listen, I was just wondering if you’re free any time next week. My band mate gave me coupons for two to this really fancy restaurant in Gangnam, and since I don’t really have anyone to go with,” he smiled hopefully, “would you like to go have dinner with me?”

If Hyerin didn’t know how to control her facial expressions, her jaw must have already dropped to the floor by now. Baekhyun was asking her out on a date. Just her and Baekhyun. At a fancy restaurant. On a date.

She bit the insides of her cheeks. “I would love to go with you,” she said. “Just tell me when and I’m sure I’d be free by then.”

Baekhyun chuckled, eyes turning into adorable crescent moons. “Great! I’m not so sure how our schedule will be next week, but I’ll let you know.”

“Okay.” She nodded with a big smile on her face.

“Alright.” He grinned. “I’ll call you whenever.” He waved a hand before jogging back inside the training room.

She waited for the boy to completely disappear into they gym before finally jumping giddily around the open.

 M-LX staff must have been looking at her weird, seeing how a lethal agent like her was skipping happily around the area, but she really didn’t care.

She was going on a date with Baekhyun.

That night, Hyerin couldn’t sleep. Even when she tried closing her eyes, all she could see was Baekhyun sitting in the middle of a fancy restaurant, dressed gorgeously with a big smile on his face. She could practically hear the music playing and the loud chatter of the people around them. She wasn’t sure if that was healthy or if it was normal, but she really didn’t mind thinking like this every day.

Just as she was feeling extremely happy, a sense of panic struck her in the speed of lightning. What was she supposed to wear? What kind of hair products should she put to make her hair pretty? What was she supposed to say when they finally come face to face?

What do people do on dates?

With wide eyes, she snatched her phone from the desk and dialed Sehun’s number. She briefly glanced up at the time and saw that it was 2:43 AM. It didn’t matter, she was sure he wouldn’t mind.

“Hello?” he picked up with a sleepy voice.

“Sehun!” she hissed. “You’ve got to help me! Baekhyun asked me out on-”

“Oh, for 's sake!” he whined. “About Baekhyun again!? Seriously, solve your own love problems! It’s about time you figure it out yourself!” Click.

“What the-” She cursed under her breath before dialing the others. She tried Lay, Chen, and the rest but no one answered. It was either they were incredibly heavy sleepers or they were purposely ignoring her calls.

She didn’t blame them, though; if they called her at this hour she would have murdered them the next day.

With a sigh, she threw her phone at the edge of her bed and buried her head in the sheets. At this rate, she probably won’t be sleeping at all.

Just when she was about to stand up and go through her closet to look for nice dressy clothes, her phone started to ring.

Her head snapped up from the sound and she immediately dived back into bed to look for her phone. When she finally found it, Kyungsoo’s aegyo back when he was still under the love spell graced her screen, along with the name she gave him on top of the picture.

On a normal day, she would have answered it right away, but after what happened at their sparring session earlier, things might be awkward between them.

She answered it anyway.

“Hello?” she mumbled.

“Mind telling me why you’re calling in an ungodly hour, assface?” he asked in a low, groggy voice.

Her eyes rolled back from relief. Thank God Kyungsoo was back to being a douche bag. She wouldn’t know how to face an awkward situation with him.

“Kyungsoo!” she whispered. “I need your help.”

“At two in the morning?”

“Baekhyun asked me out on a date!”

“What!?” He shot up from his bed, making Suho, his roommate, stir in his sleep. “A date?

“Hell yeah, a date!” she said. “I really don’t know how to deal with this. What do you do on a date?”

“I don’t know what bothers me more. The fact that you haven’t been on a date before or the fact that you’re calling me at two in the morning for this unimportant .”

“This is important! I called up the others and they won’t pick up!”

“Maybe because it’s, I don’t know, two in the ing morning,” he grumbled.

“Please, Kyungsoo, just promise me that you’ll help me with this and I’ll leave you alone,” she pleaded. “If you haven’t noticed, I’m in a state of panic right now.”

“But why me? What do I know about crap like that?”

“Well for starters you’re the only one who called back. And I just wanted to release my frustrations to someone who doesn’t care all that much, I guess.” She shrugged, whispering the last part.

Kyungsoo clicked his tongue. “Then you picked the wrong person to talk to,” he said in an equally hushed tone.

Hyerin wanted to ask what he meant by that, but decided to dismiss the thought. “So will you?”

There was a long pause in the other line before Kyungsoo mumbled a string of profanities. “Fine. But I’m telling you, I don’t know anything about all this crap. You might want to ask Sehun about that.”

Hyerin grinned happily as she collapsed down on the bed. “Thanks, Kyungsoo!”

“Shut up, assface, I’m not doing this for free.”

 

 


A/N:

So FILIPINOKOREAN made faNART FOR GUTS OMFG

I love her so much and she's so artistic and talented and just omfg fanart guys this is so cute /dead Here's some of them. She made these on her tablet, and as you can probably see, I used one of them as a display image for each chapters!

   

 

 

aren't they amazing? stuff like this makes me so happy

check out filipinokorean's fic 'Life as Zhang Yixing's '!!