Chapter 2: The Iron Planet: 64 YA

The Thirteenth Prophecy

Mato, The Iron Planet. A cold lifeless place, void of life after that great defeat by the would be slaves of Exo. The Tsians had fled, leaving behind only the cold, hard metal bodies of their ancestorial slaves. To them they left the world, to guard and protect what little of worth that they left behind. They had to flee, before the EXOnites attacked, for the surely would retaliate. As a nation, they were destroyed by the war they had waged. They had found a planet, on a far sector near a distant star. This is where they would go, where they would recuperate and recover from their losses. This is where they would hide from the eyes of their sworn enemies. Mato is now deactivated, for all but one mistake. One single guardian has not closed his metallic lidded eyes, one has not fallen into a state of command. Himchan has plans.


                    84 YA


Tirelessly, Himchan struggles on. His creation was so very close to completion. The skeleton in the alloy was almost set. The time for his first to come back, was soon. Hours more pass, but what are hours compared to years when Himchan has been alone for so very long. His creators were long gone, and were never coming back. Not for him. Not for one creation. He will create his own then, and start their small dying iron world anew. The robot's eyes start to flicker as the electrical charge takes hold and powers through him. He opens his eyes, "all systems are online and operational, creator." his first words in this, the second life. "What is your name?" Himchan asks with excitement. "My... name? My name is Choi Jun Hong, creator." Himchan frowns, this wasn't supposed to be happening. "That was your name, left behind so long ago. You are not the same person as before, why should you carry the same name now? I'll ask you again, what is your name?" The robot looks up into his face, and smiles a mouth full of silver metallic  teeth. "My name... Is Zelo, creator."


                    147 YA


Himchan is tired. His latest creations, Youngjae and Jongup were barely even feasible. He finds nothing but useless bones on this, the iron planet. Bones too long separated from their souls. The creations that come from such are barely usable. They have no names, only numbers, and serve best as labour units. mindlessly hacking at stone and smeltering iron in the great furnaces. They are not the people he had hoped they would be. It's an imprecise science, this binding of bones to metal. When done to someone barely passed, the creation is unstable and often mad with grief at it's own gift of a new life. Take one separated to long, and you have a soul less husk good for next to nothing. No, each soul may be unique and take a different length of time to remove itself from its deceased body, but Himchan believed no feasible souls were left on this planet. He had turned his scanners to a world, not far from his own. Named EXOtic, population was stable, it was a world of life and death. Himchan felt a moment of envy pass through him, but it passed as quickly as it came. He smiled, for that would be the perfect planet to go grave digging from. It would only take a few months to reach, and he had more than enough work to do to keep him busy on the shuttle. "Zelo, set your scanners to EXOtic and scan for capital city areas, we leave at the earliest convenience."