Just Fine

My Faced Lover (DISCONTINUED)
 
“I don’t have time for this, Kris.” You said as you crossed your arms. “Drop me off at the corner. Now.”
 
“Shut up.”  He replied, keeping his eyes locked on the road.
 
You took out your phone and started dialing Lay’s number. Before you could call, Kris yanked the phone out of your hands and finally looked at you, clearly annoyed.
 
“Would you just stop? I already told Lay that I’d be borrowing his car.”
 
“But I don’t remember giving you permission to borrow ME. Get me out of this car. The last thing I wanna do is go anywhere with you.” You yelled back.
 
“Having a short temper is not attractive, Ha Na. Besides, if it makes you feel better, I don’t wanna go anywhere with you either.” Then he mumbled to himself, “But I guess you’re part of the plan now...” He stuck your phone in his pocket.
 
“AISH, WHAT PLAN? THIS IS CALLED KIDNAPPING. ARE YOU CRAZY?” 
 
“I WILL BE IF YOU DON’T STOP TALKING!” He shouted. “I’ll explain everything later, arasso?”
 
You decided that there’s nothing you can do for now but wait for “later”. Besides, you needed your phone back, and there’s no way the jerk would give it back until then.
 
Ugh, since when did someone else force me to do things their way?
 
==========
 
 
 
 
You followed Kris and sat at a table in the corner, with a view of the whole coffee shop. You had to admit; you wanted to try their delicious looking pastries.
 
You haven’t spoken to Kris since you two were in car, and he wasn’t speaking to you either.
 
But to your surprise, he finally broke the silence and said, “Order anything. I can see you eyeing the cupcakes.”
 
You shook your head but then your stomach growled loudly.
 
Damn it, stomach. Why do you always give me away?
 
You ended up ordering a red velvet cupcake. While you were happily devouring it, you tried to ignore the jerk sitting in front of you. However, he seemed like he had his attention elsewhere.
 
 
 
==========
 
 
KRIS POV
 
My plan was smoothly sailing. I waiting until the fans distracted Lay to quickly tell him that I’ll be borrowing his car and dropping off his best friend. He absentmindedly nodded and continued his fan service. I overheard that Hye Min was going to a nearby coffee shop for a blind date, so I decided to bring Ha Na with me and make sure I was seen.
 
Yes, I’m going for the cliché, douchebag approach on this. No, I don’t have a problem with that.
 
I was watching Hye Min smile and laugh as she made conversation with her blind date. I had to admit, it stirred up some jealousy in me. I wanted to stand on my table and yell, “HYE MIN, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE MISSING OUT ON?” But then again, it’s something the annoying girl sitting in front of me would do. I have to admire her boldness.
 
Then, I finally took notice of my so-called “date”. She was stuffing with the cupcake. Hye Min would never order anything so calorie packed and she would wipe every few minutes, eating delicately with manners. I had to laugh, Ha Na was definitely different.
 
Ha Na heard me and then cleared and put the remaining crumbs of the cupcake down.
 
“Something amusing you?” She asked with an edge in her voice.
 
“Shouldn’t you be thanking the one who bought you that cupcake?” I laughed again at her pissed face.
 
“I’ll thank you when you tell me what this is all about.” The image of the girl happily stuffing a few minutes ago was gone. The image of the girl in front of me now was suddenly serious, and she gazed at me with intensity. I was certainly pulled into her strange aura and I found myself speaking my mind for the first time.
 
 
===
 
 
“Suppose, two young and naïve people meet and fall in love blindly. However, they know they can’t be together because they lead different types of lives.” I said, deep in thought.
 
She nodded and appeared thoughtful as well.
 
“They aren’t together anymore, because their paths have separated into their own ways, and there’s no going back.” I thought of all the memories of Hye Min and all the experiences that we’ll never relive.
 
She whispered softly with a painful smile, “That’s truly heartbreaking.”
 
All I could do was stare at Ha Na, could she possibly understand my situation? The pain in my eyes was reflected in her own, as if she felt everything as well.
 
“One of them desperately wants to bring their paths together again, but he never can. Now all he has is… “ I didn’t want to say it. I didn’t want to show my vulnerabilities to anyone, much less a stranger I just met that day. But something about the girl in front of me, looking vulnerable and hurt as well made me say it.
 
“All he has is pain and jealousy.” I sighed. Suddenly embarrassed at my lame speech. I looked down.  “What happens now?” I ask myself out loud.
 
“They keep going. They keep going their separate ways, to the life they were supposed to live.” Ha Na whispers, staring straight at me.
 
“And then what?” I desperately ask. Is she’s saying that I should move on?
 
“I think they’ll end up just fine.” She responded softly and as she took a slip of her coffee.
 
The simplicity of her answer amazed me.
 
And at that moment, I actually believed that I would be fine without Hye Min.
 
I allowed myself to completely forget about Hye Min for a moment and drink coffee with this intriguing girl in front of me.