Chapter 4

Melting The Dork's Heart

 

Jessica finally woke up and it was already half past three in the afternoon. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. Her eyes were not opened though. She still wanted to sleep some more. She sometimes wished that she was sleeping beauty. She wanted a prince, no; at least someone who could make her heart beat to kiss her on the lips so that she could wake up. She wanted the person to be none other than Kwon Yuri.

 

She wanted Kwon Yuri to be by her side whether she was sad, happy or angry. Since she thought that Yuri likes Kim Taeyeon, she thought that she would not have a chance with Yuri and that she would have to be lonely for her whole live since her heart only belongs to only Yuri. However, she still had a chance though. To her, it looked like Taeyeon had interest in the rich girl, Tiffany Hwang. Jessica saw how Taeyeon's attitude changed when she saw Taeyeon talking to Tiffany. It was much friendlier than the way she talked to Yuri."Maybe, just maybe, if I tell Yuri that Taeyeon has a crush on the rich girl, will I have a chance?"Jessica thought.

 

Jessica was fully awake and she was already dressed up. She felt like going out for the first time after her break up with her past girlfriend. Her past girlfriend was the reason why she hated Taeyeon so much. Taeyeon looked like her past girlfriend so much. The face, the way she smiles and the way she talked. Everything was the same. Not even a single bit was different except that their hair was different. Jessica was about to walk out of the orphanage when she heard someone call her. She turned around and saw that it was Taeyeon. She looked away, not wanting to look at the older girl. Lately, Jessica always thought about her ex-girlfriend. Every single time she looked at Taeyeon, an image of her and her ex-girlfriend would pop up and Jessica felt like crying. She may look strong on the outside, like she did not care about anyone but inside her, she was as fragile as a glass.

 

Taeyeon was walking to the kitchen to grab a carton of milk in the fridge and could not help to notice Jessica who was about to leave. She decided not to grab the milk and went to Jessica instead. She called Jessica's name but the latter only looked at her for a few seconds before looking away. Jessica opened the door and Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's wrist. She wanted to talk to Jessica about the previous day. What had just happened between Jessica and Yuri. She was really curious. At the same time, she wanted to know whether Jessica was her previous girlfriend before Sunmi. She only wanted to make sure that it was the Jessica she knew. The way this Jessica treated her was way different than the Jessica she knew.

 

"Let go of my hand Taeyeon," Jessica said coldly as she tried to free her hand from Taeyeon's grip. Taeyeon was stubborn and held onto Jessica even tighter. Jessica was feeling annoyed and pulled her hand forcefully. Taeyeon was shocked by her strength and moved forward because of Jessica's pull. They were about to kiss but Taeyeon managed to balance herself as she stretched her free hand out and placed it on the wall beside of Jessica. If anyone saw them, they would think that they were kissing. The both of them heard someone gasped and Taeyeon turned to look at who it was.

 

"Yuri?!" Jessica said in shock. Taeyeon, however, was calm. She was not even shock at all.

 

Yuri shook her head and backed away. Tears were forming in her eyes. Jessica felt her heart clenched at the sight of Yuri crying. She wanted to reach out and hug Yuri but Taeyeon stopped her and let Yuri to walk away from them."I'll talk to her later. She will listen to me," Taeyeon said and sighed. Jessica leaned her body against Taeyeon and sighed, letting her guard down. There was no point in acting strong now. Her chance had been destroyed unless Yuri would listen to what Taeyeon would say to her. Taeyeon could not help but to comfort Jessica. She Jessica's hair affectionately but was still thinking of what Yuri's reaction will be like.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were at the park eating their ice cream silently. Taeyeon told Jessica that ice cream would cheer her up and Jessica decided to have one as well. The two of them were not speaking; it was quite awkward for them since they were not close to each other. They would usually fight but being this close to each other made them really uncomfortable."Is she really the Jessica I know?" Taeyeon thought and took a glance at Jessica.

 

"Why is he acting like Taeyeonnie? Taeyeonnie loves ice cream to," Jessica thought and took a glance at Taeyeon as well. Their eyes met and the both of them looked away at the same time. The both of them were blushing. Their face felt really hot.

 

"TaeTae?" Tiffany said as she saw Taeyeon. She felt a little jealous when she saw how close Taeyeon and Jessica were sitting. Their skin touched each other and that made Tiffany puffed her cheeks."Are you cheating on me TaeTae?" she asked angrily but in a jokingly manner.

 

Taeyeon quickly stood up from the bench and ruffled Tiffany's hair. Tiffany glared at Taeyeon and elbowed her stomach. Taeyeon groaned in pain and rubbed her stomach. She turned to Tiffany and looked away. Jessica was feeling left out right now .She was also clueless although she found the couple quite cute for each other. Taeyeon looked at Jessica and knew that the girl was feeling left out.

 

"I wasn't cheating on you Pani-ah. This is my en...I mean friend. Her name's Jessica," Taeyeon said and made a little slip but she was lucky Tiffany did not hear it.

 

Tiffany smiled and hugged Taeyeon. She looked at Jessica and pulled out her hand for a handshake. Jessica looked at Tiffany's hand like an idiot. She was quite slow in this type of things. She was not sure how to react to it. She did not know whether to accept the friendship with the stranger or become friends with her,

 

Jessica finally decided and shook her hands with Tiffany. The latter smiled once again, this time showing her eye smile."My name is Tiffany," Tiffany said. Jessica's guard went back up. Tiffany's family was the reason why she and her Taeyeonnie broke up. The both of them actually like Taeyeon and were constantly fighting for the same girl.

 

"Have we met before?"Jessica asked and folded her arms. She was shorter than Tiffany so she had to look up a little to look at Tiffany directly in the eyes. Taeyeon on the other hand was feeling confused and at the same time left out. Did Tiffany and Jessica know each other? Taeyeon tilted her head while listening to Tiffany and Jessica's conversation.

 

"I don't think so," Tiffany replied awkwardly at the sudden question.

 

"Oh okay," Jessica said.

 

Tiffany turned to Taeyeon and saw the older girl looking really confused. She giggled and Taeyeon looked at her weirdly. She was there really confused about what Tiffany and Jessica were talking about and now Tiffany was laughing at her."Is something wrong Pani-ah?"Taeyeon asked. She was really curious.

 

Tiffany shook her head and smiled, showing her crescent moon eyes. Taeyeon pouted and looked away, pretending to be mad. Tiffany pouted as well and back hugged Taeyeon."Is TaeTae mad at me?"Tiffany asked using her aegyo. Taeyeon was trying hard to stay mad but Tiffany was too hard to resist. She turned around and pecked Tiffany's lips."Fine, I'm not mad at you," Taeyeon said and stole another kiss from Tiffany.

 

"Yah!" Tiffany shouted and blushed. She was alright with it if they were alone but now they were in public and that Jessica was watching them as well. Taeyeon chuckled and intertwined her hand with Tiffany's own one.

 

Jessica was feeling left out again. She just wished that Yuri would be there beside her, entertaining her. “Do you want to join us for lunch Jessica?” Tiffany asked and looked at Jessica. The latter smiled slightly and said,” It’s alright. I’m not hungry.”

 

“I’ll see you later Jessica. Can you please talk to Yuri instead to clear the misunderstanding?” Taeyeon said casually. Jessica was burning with fury inside since they were not close to each other. Jessica nodded and smiled forcefully. Taeyeon mouthed a thank you to Jessica and walked to the nearest café with Tiffany. Jessica turned around and made her way to the orphanage.

 

She was surprised to see Yuri in her room. She closed the door slowly and hung her bag on the doorknob. Yuri heard the noise and stood up from the ground. “I didn’t mean to enter your room just like that,” Yuri said and bowed. “I’m really sorry.”

 

“It’s alright,” Jessica said. She was actually happy that the younger girl was talking to her even after the morning incident.

 

“About this morning,” Yuri said. “Did you and Taengoo really…you know, kissed?”

 

“No we didn’t. I was just being stubborn,” Jessica replied and waved her hands in front of Yuri.

 

Yuri nodded, believing what Jessica had said. The atmosphere became silent again. None of them had anything to say. They did but they were too afraid to ask each other. “So,” the both of them said at the same time. The both of them laughed and sat down on the bed together. They did not realize that they were actually holding hands.

 

“Do you like Taeyeon?” Jessica asked Yuri. The younger girl looked at Jessica and was quite shocked. She herself did not know. She was having mixed feelings between her and Taeyeon. Jessica was scolding herself in her head for asking that question when she was not supposed to.

 

“I’m not sure. I’m not sure whether I like Taeyeon or you Sica,” Yuri said and cupped Jessica’s face. She did not know when she got that brave. Jessica blushed and at the same time surprised. She did not know that Yuri would like her.

 

“I’m not sure whether I like you or Taeyeon as well,” Jessica said. She did hate Taeyeon but she was not sure why. Sometimes she would admire her sometimes she would just hate her for no reasons.  “But I don’t think we have a chance since Taeyeon likes Tiffany so much. I can see even if she does not admit it,” Jessica said. Yuri nodded her head and let go of Jessica. She turned around and pinned Jessica to her bed.

 

“I’m not sure what I’m going to do to you Sica but I assure you, I won’t hurt you,” Yuri whispered into Jessica’s ear.

 

It was like a dream to Jessica. She could not believe that Yuri was doing this to her. She did not want to wake up from this dream. Yuri lowered down her head and kissed Jessica’s lips. The both of them did not know whether they were doing it out of lust or they were really in love with each other. They did not care. All they knew that they were together and that they were enjoying every moment of it.

 

“We should stop Yuri-ah. We’re not even official,” Jessica said right after she got her breath back. Yuri nodded and lied beside Jessica. She wrapped her arm around Jessica’s waist and snuggled close to Jessica like a bolster. “But we could stay like this,” Jessica said. She yawned and soon, the both of them were already sleeping.


Somewhere in Seoul, a young couple was walking around, enjoying the fresh breeze. They were Im Yoona and her girlfriend, Seo Juhyun who is also known as Seohyun. Yoona was actually searching for her cousin who was missing. She liked that cousin really much but her parents did not want to adopt her. Her parents told her that her cousin’s parents were in debt and if they adopt her, their family would be attacked instead.

“Do you think my cousin’s in Seoul?” Yoona asked her girlfriend.

“I don’t know. Maybe if luck is with us, we could find her in just days,” Seohyun replied. Yoona smiled. Her girlfriend would always have something to say. She was proud to heave her as her girlfriend.

“Let’s rest at the ice cream shop for a moment Hyunnie. Is it okay with you?” Yoona asked. Seohyun nodded and they entered the ice cream shop. Coincidentally, Taeyeon and Tiffany were also inside. They were feeding each other ice cream. Seohyun saw them and tugged Yoona’s sleeve. Yoona looked at her girlfriend.

“That unnie used to be my senior in high school,” Seohyun said pointing at Tiffany.

“Do you want to meet her? Her friend there looks familiar to me,” Yoona said. Seohyun nodded. “You go ahead first. I’ll order the ice cream first,” Yoona said. Seohyun obediently followed her girlfriend’s order and went to TaeNy’s table.

“Mianhae for disturbing but you are Tiffany unnie right?” Seohyun asked politely. Tiffany looked up and clasped her hand together. She was showing her eye-smile again.

“You’re Juhyun right?” Tiffany said happily.

“Neh,” Seohyun said and bowed. Tiffany shifted to the corner and allowed Seohyun to sit beside her. Taeyeon pouted but since she did not want to disappoint Tiffany, she just kept quiet.

Yoona was done ordering the ice cream and carried the two cups to the table. She looked at Seohyun and passed her a cup. “I’m Yoona, her girlfriend,” Yoona introduced as Taeyeon and Tiffany were looking at her like she was some kind of threat. Taeyeon nodded and moved in, allowing some space for Yoona. “She looks familiar,” Taeyeon thought. She only shrugged and continued eating her chocolate ice cream.

“I’m Tiffany,” Tiffany introduced herself. “And that is Taeyeon, my dorky girlfriend.”

“Annyeonghaseyo Taeyeon unnie,” Seohyun said and bowed. Taeyeon bowed as well and smiled. Yoona could not help but to feel like she knew Taeyeon. “Is she the one I’ve been looking for?” she thought.

“So, Taeyeon unnie,” Yoona said. “What’s your family name?”

“Kim. Why?” Taeyeon asked and looked at Yoona.

“Nothing,” Yoona replied and continued in eating her ice cream. “She must be the one I’ve been looking for,” Yoona thought and smiled. “I’ve found you cousin.”

The two couple was done eating their ice creams and decided to make a leave. Taeyeon became much closer to Yoona and they exchanged numbers. “We could hang out sometimes,” Taeyeon said and grinned at Yoona. The latter nodded in agreement.

“We’ll see each other soon,” Tiffany said. The YoonHyun couple nodded and they went the opposite direction. Yoona did not want to tell Seohyun yet as she thought maybe she was wrong.

Taeyeon was back at the orphanage and was quite surprise that the place was quiet. Neither Yuri nor Jessica is seen. “Where could they be?” Taeyeon muttered. She sighed and went to the kitchen. She saw the orphanage owner in the kitchen and said, “I’ve bought some ice cream for the kids.”

The owner was surprised to hear Taeyeon’s voice but smiled at Taeyeon still. “That’s nice of you Taeyeon,” she said and took the ice cream from Taeyeon’s hands.

“It’s the least I could do,” Taeyeon said and smiled. “Do you know where Yuri is Mrs Jung?”

“I saw her entering Jessica’s room,” Mrs Jung replied. Taeyeon thanked Mrs Jung and crept to Jessica’s room. She opened the door without making any noise and smiled like a fool when she saw them in a hugging position. She covered them with a blanket and went to her room afterwards.