1.

Melting The Dork's Heart

Kim Taeyeon was an orphan after her parents left her.She was sent to the orphanage and for ten straight years,no one wanted to adopt her.Well,who wanted to adopt boys right?They would only cause trouble.However,no one knew that Taeyeon was female except for herself and someone who used to be special to her.

 

Taeyeon hated her parents for leaving her and she hated her life.She did not want to live any longer.She envied anyone who was adopted.She wanted to feel how a child feels like when they were with their parents.She missed that moment when she would be playing with her parents when they were free but because of an argument,her father divorced with her mother and they left her in the orphanage.

 

Taeyeon was in her own room,thinking about the past.She could not help but to cry whenever she remembered about the past.It just hurt her really bad.Someone knocked onto the door and Taeyeon quickly wiped away her tears and put on a cold face.She could not let her guard down anymore after she was left by her first girlfriend.

 

The door opened,revealing a girl with dark skin.Taeyeon looked at her and sighed."What do you want?"she asked coldly.

 

 

"Well,y-you've been i-in your room for the past t-two days and you haven't eaten yet.So,I-I brought food for you,"the dark-skinned girl,Yuri,stuttered.

 

Taeyeon did feel a little hungry."Just put it on the table.I'll eat it later,"she said and pointed to the table beside Yuri."You can leave once you've put the tray there."

 

Taeyeon did not mean to be cold in front of Yuri but she could not trust anyone anymore.She was afraid that people would leave her again.She would rather be lonely than to love someone who would leave her some day.

 

She stood up from the ground and went to the table.There was only half a porridge in the bowl and half a cup of milk in the glass.The orphanage was low on budget and they needed to save money.They wanted Taeyeon to work as a beggar at first but after a few thoughts,they forgot about it as it would only bring a bad name to their orphanage.

 

Taeyeon did not feel like eating and pushed the tray away.She pitied the other kids that were younger than her.Did they have enough food and drink?Were they happy with their lives?She suddenly remembered about her ex-girlfriend who promised to stick by her side no matter what but it changed when she was finally adopted by someone.Her ex-girlfriend was really happy but Taeyeon kept persuading her not to go and that started a heated argument between them.Taeyeon hated having arguments so she just broke the string between them.They were strangers again.Her ex-girlfriend was adopted and she was lonely all over again.Her ex-girlfriend was the only one to know her real identity.

 

Two days had past and finally Taeyeon went out of her room after four days.The other younger kids were afraid of her even though she did not even harm them.They heard rumours from their older friends and believed them.

 

"Kids,they are too naive.Just like me,"Taeyeon thought.

 

She went straight to the front door to go out for some fresh air but the owner of the orphanage stopped her from doing so."You've been causing a lot of trouble young man.You should just stay here,"she said.

 

Young man.Taeyeon was being mistaken as a guy in the orphanage.Every guy would always try to cause trouble with her but in the end,she would get scolded instead as she was the oldest of all.Even making faces at the kids will make her get a punishment.The owner was too biased.They thought that the older the kids get,the more rebel they would go so they treated them like trash.

 

Taeyeon pushed the owner's hand away and walked out of the orphanage.She breathed in through her nose and sighed.People were giving her cold glares as she walked along the pavements.She was known to every residents as a bully and a theft.It wasn't true but that was what they thought of an orphan.They only learned to steal things.

 

"Watch where you're going,"a girl said when Taeyeon accidentally bumped into her.Taeyeon apologized countless times but she was only given a slap.She looked up and was shocked that it was actually her ex-girlfriend.She felt her heart pounding and could not think straight.It had been three years since they had not see each other.

 

"Taeyeon,"her ex-girlfriend said softly.She was looking down,not wanting to look at Taeyeon.

 

She was expecting Taeyeon today something back but Taeyeon walked passed her as if they had not bumped into each other at all."Mianhae ah,Taeyeon.I'm getting married soon,"she said again but loudly this time.Taeyeon turned around and looked at her with a hurt expression.

 

"I knew it was going to happen sooner or later Sunmi,"Taeyeon said and walked away."But I didn't know it was happening so soon,"she said to herself.

 

Sunmi only looked at Taeyeon leaving.She wanted to chase after her and hug her and tell her how much she missed her but she knew that Taeyeon must hate her so much right now.

 

"She must have hate me more right now,"she said to herself.She turned around when Taeyeon's form could not be seen anymore.

 

 

The sun was going down and the club was getting full with a lot of people.Taeyeon was one of them.She wanted to relieve all her stress there.She ordered three shots and the bartender did as she said.After drinking the three shots,the bartender told her to pay but she did not have the money.The bartender almost kicked her out of the bar but someone paid for her.

 

"You're lucky this young lady is paying for you boy,"the bartender said in a disgust tone.

 

 

Taeyeon wasn't the kind that could handle three shots of drink.She could not even handle one shot of alcohol.The alcohol was starting to kick in and she saw starting to feel dizzy.She felt somebody touching her but She could not make out who it was.She felt herself being dragged somewhere and out.

 

She woke up the next day completely .Her eyes widened and she quickly grabbed the cover and covered herself.A red haired woman entered the room with a tray in her hand.She had a smile plastered on her face and Taeyeon was mesmerized by her eye smile."It's amazing you could hide your real identity TaeTae,"the red haired woman said.

"TaeTae?"Taeyeon said with a confused face.Her head was pounding really hard that she could not think straight at all.

 

"Well,I took a look at your wallet and saw your name,Kim Taeyeon.So I decided TaeTae would be a nice nickname for you,"the woman said and looked away feeling embarrassed.

 

Taeyeon chuckled and sat upright.She felt like She could trust her so she put her guard down.She had never felt this way before after Sunmi left her.

 

"Here's my brother's old clothes.I don't know if it will fit you or not,"the woman said and handed Taeyeon the set of clothes along with a pair of geeky glasses."The bathroom is right over there."

 

"Before I go and take a bath,may I know what's your name?"Taeyeon asked with a smile.She was weak in front of her.

 

"Tiffany,"the red haired woman simply replied.

 

Taeyeon nodded and went to the bathroom.There was a weird feeling inside her chest.Was it love?

 

"It can't be,"Taeyeon thought.

 

When she got out of the bathroom with the clothes and the pair of glasses that Tiffany had given her,she looked harmless like a kid.She was really cute and hot at the same time.Tiffany looked up and giggled when she saw Taeyeon.Taeyeon looked at her with her head tilted.Tiffany pinched her cheeks and Taeyeon pouted.

 

"You look adorkable TaeTae,"Tiffany said and showed her eye smile to Taeyeon again,melting Taeyeon inside.

 

"I got to go now Pani-ah.Hope to see you soon,"Taeyeon said and smiled.

 

"You're not angry for me touching you while you were drunk?"Tiffany asked cutely.

 

Taeyeon shook her head."I forgive you,"she said and smiled."Bye!"

 

"Wait!"Tiffany shouted.Taeyeon had forgotten to take her valuables and her set of clothes.Tiffany wanted to call for Taeyeon again but then smiled.

 

"I can use this as an excuse to meet her again,"she said to herself.

 

At the orphanage,Taeyeon was stopped by the owner's daughter.Taeyeon rolled her eyes when she saw her.

 

"Where were you?You weren't here for the whole yesterday,"Jessica,the owner's ice princess,said loudly.

 

"Why do you care where I go to?"Taeyeon asked coldly.

 

Jessica stomped her foot in anger.She took off Taeyeon's glasses and threw it to the ground.Taeyeon clenched her fist and tried to hide her anger.

 

"What's with the stupid glasses?It doesn't suit you at all,"Jessica said without even thinking.She actually did not want to lose against Taeyeon.

 

"That glasses does not even belong to me.Someone gave it to me,"Taeyeon said,this time,with a much colder tone.

 

"Who would even give it to you?To everyone,you're just like a criminal,"Jessica asked in the same tone as Taeyeon.

 

"Someone who would at least appreciate me and not think negative about me,"Taeyeon replied and purposely hit Jessica while she walked away.

 

"I hate him,"Jessica said and clenched her teeth.She picked the glasses up and keep it inside her pocket.

 

Taeyeon was at the rooftop of the building.She wanted to get rid of all her bad memories but it seemed impossible.Taeyeon was about to fall asleep there until someone entered the rooftop.Taeyeon turned and saw Yuri.

 

"Oh,I didn't know you were here oppa,"Yuri said as she saw Taeyeon looking at her.

 

"It's okay.Just stay.I need someone to comfort me at the moment,"Taeyeon said and put her guard down.She was in no mood to act cold around people for the day.Yuri who was taken aback by Taeyeon's sudden attitude.She smiled at Taeyeon and took a seat beside Taeyeon.

 

"I like you like this better oppa,"Yuri said straightforward.

 

"Well,I'll be like this every time you're around then,"Taeyeon said and smiled.She was really weak when it comes to girls who were nice to her.They looked really innocent and easy to trust.

 

"You're smile is cute oppa,"Yuri said and grinned.

 

"Thanks,"Taeyeon said shyly."Please don't call me oppa.We're born in the same year."

 

"Alright then...Taengoo,"Yuri said and smiled proudly at her nickname made.

 

"That's a great name Yuri,"Taeyeon said."From now on,we're friends okay?"

 

"Neh,Taengoo,"Yuri said and pinky promised with Taeyeon.