3.

Melting The Dork's Heart

"C-Can you let go of my h-hand Taengoo?"Yuri stuttered and looked away.

 

"Wae?Are you feeling uncomfortable?"Taeyeon asked,feeling slightly disappointed.

 

"Aniyo.I'm just not used to it,"Yuri replied shyly.

 

Taeyeon chuckled."Then get use to it since we're going to be friends for a long time,"she said and smiled dorkily.

--

 

The ride ended and they got out.Yuri was still feeling shy but Taeyeon was feeling happy.She was happy that she could go to the amusement park again with someone.She preferred having someone by her side than being lonely.

 

"Should we go back to the orphanage now?"Taeyeon asked as she saw Yuri yawning.

 

Yuri nodded tiredly.Taeyeon kneeled down and told Yuri to hop on.The latter did as she said as she was really tired and wanted to sleep.As soon as Yuri was on Taeyeon's back,she fell asleep.Taeyeon chuckled and slowly walked back to the orphanage.She did not mind if she got scolded by the ice princess.She had to live her life to the fullest there since she would be turning twenty in a few weeks time.She did not want to leave actually.She wanted to stay longer.She would do anything even selling herself to get her to stay at the orphanage.She wanted to leave the same time Yuri was going to leave which was nine months later.

 

Taeyeon finally arrived at the orphanage.She carefully opened the door to avoid Yuri from waking up but failed when Jessica opened the door and shouted,"Where were you two?"

 

Yuri stirred up from her sleep.She opened her eyes slowly and yawned.She rubbed her eyes and was wide awake when she saw Jessica.She got down from Taeyeon's back and looked down.Yuri was actually scared of Jessica.Since young,she was always being bullied by Jessica and at that time,Yuri had a crush on Jessica.

 

"We were at the amusement park,"Taeyeon replied straight forwardly.She did not want to start any arguments with Jessica.It was such a pain in the for her.

 

"You should know that you guys are not allowed to leave the orphanage without permission,"Jessica said and folded her arms.Taeyeon sighed and held onto Yuri's wrist.She walked passed Jessica and brought Yuri to her own room.

 

"Thanks for today Taengoo,"Yuri said and hugged Taeyeon.The latter could not help but to blush.She was not used to hugs since Sunmi and her only held hands and never hugged before.

 

"No problem Yuri ah,"Taeyeon said and ruffled Yuri's hair."Go to sleep now.I won't be home tomorrow."

 

"Where are you going?"Yuri asked curiously.

 

"I'll be going out with the person you saw in the morning,"Taeyeon replied and smiled.

 

Yuri pouted."I thought I was your only friend,"she said childishly.

 

"You're almost friends with everybody here.Why can't I make another friend?"Taeyeon whined.

 

"Yah!I'm the kid here not you,"Yuri said and hit Taeyeon's hand.Taeyeon stuck her tongue out and ran to the door.

 

"Night Yuri,"she said.

 

"Night Taengoo,"Yuri said.Taeyeon got out of her room and was surprised to see Jessica outside,listening to their conversation.The younger girl grabbed Taeyeon's hand and pulled her to her room.

 

Taeyeon was not surprised that Jessica's room was empty.There was only her queen sized bed,a wardrobe and a makeup table.Taeyeon looked at Jessica without any emotion.She did not know Why Jessica always picked on her.Was it because of the height difference of did Jessica know about Taeyeon's real gender.

 

"Stay away from Yuri,"Jessica said coldly.Taeyeon saw something in Jessica's eyes that she thought she would never see in the younger girl.Jessica was feeling jealous.

 

"Are you jealous?You can't lie.I can see it in your eyes,"Taeyeon said and smirked.She wanted to tease Jessica for the moment.

 

"A-aniyo.It's just that I-I know Yul...I mean Yuri more than you,"Jessica stuttered.Taeyeon was suddenly curious with Jessica's slip.

 

"Yul?Were they friends before?"Taeyeon thought.She pushed the thought away first and asked a question to Jessica,"Yuri told me you like to bully her.Did you?"

 

Jessica stayed silent.She did not mean to bully Yuri.She was actually insecure when it comes to love.She did not know whether she loved Yuri as a sister or more than that.

 

"So?"Taeyeon said and folded her arms.

 

"Let's not talk about it please,"Jessica said,making Taeyeon shock that the ice princess said please.

 

"O-Okay,"Taeyeon said,still in shock.

 

"Back to the main topic,you can't go out with that rich girl,"Jessica said,turning back into her cold state.

 

"What are you?Bipolar?"Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica clenched her fist."I'm watching you tomorrow,"she said through her gritted teeth.Jessica tried pushing Taeyeon out of her room but Taeyeon would not even move."What is wrong with you?"Jessica shouted.She wanted to punch Taeyeon but Taeyeon grabbed her fist and pinned her to the wall.

 

"Listen here.I'm turning twenty soon and I want to live my life to the fullest here.So,don't stop me,"Taeyeon whispered into Jessica's ear.Jessica shuddered and blushed.

 

The surrounding became silent all of the sudden that you could hear a pin drop.Only Taeyeon's and Jessica's breathing could be heard.The both of them had nothing to say.Taeyeon let go of Jessica and turned her back on her.

 

"I'll be going now,"Taeyeon said and left the room.

 

Jessica was unable to think straight.Hearing that Taeyeon would be leaving the orphanage made her feel empty.She would not have someone to scold for leaving the orphanage without permission and someone who was not afraid of her.She was also unsure whether she liked Taeyeon or not.She felt jealous every time she sees Taeyeon with someone else.

--

 

Taeyeon woke up at exactly 11:30 AM in the morning and quickly rushed to the bathroom.She brushed her teeth,comb her hair and afterwards took off her shirt.She went out of the bathroom and was too busy to even notice that someone was in the room.The someone cleared awkwardly and Taeyeon froze at her place.Her gender obviously exposed to that person.She turned around and saw Jessica but the younger girl was not even looking at her.

 

"Surprise?"Taeyeon said but it was more like a question.

 

Jessica threw a set of clothes to Taeyeon and walked out of the room,not wanting to believe what she had just seen.She ever heard of the name Kim Taeyeon before but thought that the Kim Taeyeon she had been shouting at was not the Kim Taeyeon she thought it would be since the Kim Taeyeon she knew was a girl.Jessica shook her head and went to meet Yuri to forgive her for bullying her all this while.She had been thinking of what Taeyeon had said the previous day and finally realised that it was true.

 

Taeyeon was at the mall exactly at noon but Tiffany was nowhere to be found.She looked at her watch and saw that Tiffany was thirty seconds and still counting late.A smirk formed on Taeyeon's lips as she thought of a punishment for Tiffany.Taeyeon saw Tiffany running towards her and put on a straight face.She folded her arms and leaned against a wall.Tiffany was in front of Taeyeon and panted."I'm sorry I'm late TaeTae,"Tiffany said and bowed.

 

"You don't say.You're two minutes and thirty two seconds late,"Taeyeon said childishly and glared at Tiffany.The younger girl giggled and back hugged Taeyeon.She put her chin on Taeyeon's shoulder."Aigoo, you're making it harder to punish you.It's alright,you're free this time,"Taeyeon said and held onto Tiffany's hand.Tiffany smiled and dragged Taeyeon to the cinema.

 

"What are we watching Pani-ah?"Taeyeon asked as they stood in front of the counter.Tiffany only smiled and ordered two tickets.Taeyeon chuckled."We're watching The Amazing Spiderman?Seriously?"Taeyeon said and ruffled Tiffany's hair.

 

The younger pouted."Can't I?"she asked.Taeyeon only shrugged and went to buy a drink and popcorn.Tiffany rolled her eyes and went to wait for Taeyeon at the side of the food counter.While waiting,two guys saw Tiffany and walked towards her with a dirty smile.Tiffany who saw them was not bothered by them.She ignored them and was only looking at Taeyeon who was ordering.One of the guy,came closer to Tiffany and grabbed a ticket from Tiffany's hand.

 

"Watching The Amazing Spiderman I see.We are as well and coincidentally,we seat side by side,"the guy said.He reached out his hand to hold onto Tiffany but Taeyeon came in just in time and pushed his hand away.Taeyeon wrapped her hand around Tiffany's waist and pulled the younger girl closer.

 

"Get your filthy hands of my girlfriend,"Taeyeon said and glared at the guy.The guy chuckled and pushed Taeyeon roughly.Taeyeon got angry and let go of Tiffany.She punched the guy's face and kicked him where it hurts.The guy groaned in pain and fell to the ground.His friend did nothing as he was scared and ran away without his friend.

 

"I'm sorry but you three are banned from coming to this cinema again.You have caused quite a commotion here,"one of the workers at the cinema said.Taeyeon apologized to everyone and walked out of the cinema with Tiffany,feeling guilty.Taeyeon stopped walking and stood in front of Tiffany with her head down.

 

"What are you doing TaeTae?"Tiffany asked and tilted her head.

 

"I'm sorry I ruined today's event.I did not mean to,"Taeyeon replied like a child breaking his mother's favourite mug.Tiffany giggled and cupped Taeyeon's chin.Taeyeon looked at her with a confused expression.

 

"It's alright boyfriend,"Tiffany said and rubbed noses with Taeyeon.Taeyeon sneezed and Tiffany giggled once again.Taeyeon glared at Tiffany and tilted her head after realising what Tiffany had said.

 

"Boyfriend?"Taeyeon said.She then remembered what she had said in the cinema and rubbed the back of her head.She wanted to say something but Tiffany put a finger on Taeyeon's lips.

 

"Let's just pretend we are a couple alright?I want to cherish the moment.It's been awhile since I dated someone like you,"Tiffany said softly but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear.Taeyeon nodded and hugged Tiffany.The both of them stood in that position for a few minutes before Taeyeon pulled away from the hug and kissed Tiffany's forehead.She smiled and said,"Let's go and eat ice cream now.It's been two days since I did not eat one."

--

 

Yuri was still confused of what had just happened a few minutes ago.Everything that happened during the few minutes was too much for her to handle."She...likes me?"Yuri said to herself.

 

Few minutes ago...

Jessica had entered Yuri's room without knocking which shocked the younger girl.Jessica did not mind and pulled Yuri out of bed.She pinned her to the wall   and looked down.She could not find the words to say to Yuri.She was not good at apologising.

 

"What are you doing here Sica?"Yuri asked in a scared tone.

 

Sica.The older girl missed how the younger girl would always call her by that name every time they meet each other when they were young,before Taeyeon was even in the orphanage.Jessica took a deep breath and finally said,"I'm sorry Yuri-ah."

 

 

Yuri smiled and pushed Jessica's hand away.She pushed a strand of hair away from Jessica's eyes.Jessica felt butterflies in her stomach and felt a weird sensation whenever Yuri called or touch her."I've forgiven you for a long time Sica.I'm not mad at you anymore,"Yuri said.

Jessica felt happy that Yuri was not angry at her anymore.She felt relieved.She hugged Yuri which surprised the younger girl.She looked up at Yuri and did something unexpected.She had to tiptoe but she did not mind.She leaned in and closed the gap between her lips and Yuri's own one.

Surprisingly,neither of them pulled away.Yuri did not know anything but the kiss felt quite right to her.In fact,it was not quite right for other people.Some people do not accept homoual people but some do.It would be hard for them to keep their relationship hidden.The two of them finally pulled away and was breathing heavily as they we're out of oxygen.Yuri did not say anything and looked at Jessica.The latter grabbed Yuri's hand and said,"I think I like you,Kwon Yuri.I know I made you suffer a lot in the past but right now,I really like you.Words can't explain how I feel about you."

Yuri of course could not believe what she had heard.She did not think that the ice princess would like someone like her.She did like Jessica but that was before she was friends with Taeyeon.Right now,she thinks that she is in love with Taeyeon instead of Jessica.Taeyeon could make her smile,laugh and comfort her anytime without fail.She did not know what to say to Jessica at the moment.Jessica took Yuri's no reply as a rejection and ran out of Yuri's room,tears trailing down her eyes.

"Do I still love Jessica?"Yuri asked herself and messed her hair up.She was really confused right now.Does she love Taeyeon or Jessica more?Everything was too much to handle and Yuri decided to take a long bath to clear her mind.

Jessica was in her room,regretting that she actually confessed to Yuri.What if Yuri does not like her?What if Yuri hates her instead?She sighed and threw her body on the bed.Being a heavy sleeper,she fell asleep as soon as her head landed on her pillow.

Back to Taeyeon and Tiffany,the both of them were at the beach after eating ice cream.The both of them were playing with water,running after each other like little children but they did not mind.It had been a few years Tiffany never did this after her parents started to fight and for Taeyeon,since she did not enjoy her childhood,was really enjoying this.The both of them stopped chasing each other and was sitting on the sand.To be more specific,Taeyeon was sitting on the sand while Tiffany was sitting on her lap.The both of them were watching the sun set.The both of them had never seen one and was fascinated by it.

"You really know how to make someone enjoy their day TaeTae,"Tiffany said.She wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's neck and their foreheads were leaning on each other.If you look by far,they looked like a real couple.Taeyeon was the boyfriend and Tiffany was the girlfriend.People would think they were living a happy life and that no obstacles were in their way.

"That's because I'm the Amazing TaeTae.I'm better than Spiderman,"Taeyeon said and grinned dorkily.Tiffany giggled.

"Dork,"she said.Taeyeon pouted at first but then smiled.She was happy that she can go out with someone and act like how a girl would naturally act.She need not need to lower her voice or act coolly around girls.Taeyeon felt like she was free around Tiffany.She also felt like she had the need to protect Tiffany in any problem.She would even die for her.That was too much but that was what Taeyeon really felt.

"Since we're a couple now,"Taeyeon said."Let's have out first kiss as a couple.Then maybe,you know,we can have ."Taeyeon whispered the last sentence in Tiffany's ear.The latter hit Taeyeon on the shoulder and scolded her."Yah!ByunTae,"Tiffany said.Taeyeon laughed and Tiffany found it cute."Ahjumma,"Tiffany said and stuck her tongue out.

"So can we have a kiss?"Taeyeon said and puckered her lips.Tiffany nodded and leaned in.Their lips met and the both of them felt sparks.Nothing could explain how they felt.It was overwhelming. The kiss was not out of lust but was because of love.They really loved each other but did not realise it though.To them,this relationship was like a role play.She's playing a character and the other was also playing a character.

They finally pulled away from each other,in need of air.They took a deep breath in and exhaled.Taeyeon cupped Tiffany's chin and kissed the younger girl's forehead.Taeyeon smiled and carried Tiffany up bridal style.Tiffany was shocked and pushed Taeyeon by accidental.Taeyeon managed to balance herself and glared at Tiffany playfully."I could have died you know!"Taeyeon shouted jokingly.

"Didn't you say you were the Amazing TaeTae?You should be strong,"Tiffany said and showed no sign of worry.

"Of course I am,"Taeyeon said proudly."If not,I won't be carrying you now."

Tiffany nodded and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's neck for support.She even leaned on Taeyeon's shoulder and could hear Taeyeon's heart beating.She smiled secretly when she heard that Taeyeon's heart was beating the same way it did as hers.

Taeyeon put Tiffany down and pouted.Tiffany raised an eyebrow and tilted her head.She was wondering what was wrong with Taeyeon."What's wrong TaeTae?"Tiffany asked and poked Taeyeon's cheek.

"It's nothing,"Taeyeon replied and smiled.Although she was already used to being with Tiffany,she was still afraid to let her feeling out.You can say that she's cold but only to people she did not recognize or not close to.On the other hand,she was friendly and nice to people she knew or whom she likes.

Tiffany kissed Taeyeon on the cheek and said goodbye.Taeyeon waited until Tiffany entered her house before she walked back to the orphanage.Once Tiffany entered,Taeyeon turned her back and walked back to the orphanage slowly.

"Taeyeon/Taengoo,"Jessica and Yuri called out at the same time.Taeyeon stopped walking and looked at Jessica and then at Yuri.The two girls who called Taeyeon looked at each other for a brief second and looked away from each other.Since Taeyeon had been out for the whole day,she did not know what was going on.She did not know who to go to,Yuri or Jessica,to ask what had just happened.

"It's nothing.You can talk to her first,"Yuri and Jessica said at them same time again.

Taeyeon was really confused.She was the middleman right now."Did they fight or something?"Taeyeon thought.She decided not to get involve into their problems and told them that she was tired and needed some sleep.

That night,the four of them had the same thought.

"Do I really like her?"

A/N:I know I haven't been updating so I'm sorry*bows*.TaeNy isn't a couple yet so don't get your hopes high YET.There will be some drama in the future and to give you guys a hint,it involves Taeyeon's and Tiffany's family.Maybe I'll update this story in 3-4 days time,depending on my mood.

For the last sentence,TaeNy we're talking about each other while YulSic we're talking about each other.