Chapter 2: His job. My job

Will you stay with me forever?

Okay, second chapter is on, even though I'm not sure about what I just wrote O_O
I know I make a role switch, for Lay being the boss and Kris works for him,
but the characters' natures are still the same tho'.
Thank you for all your subscriptions. I hope you all will follow this story 'til the end.
Love you all <3<3<3<3

_______________________________________________________________

First month, second week.

 

"Kris, can you please prepare my schedule for next week?"

"Kris, would you mind making another cup of coffee for me?"

"Kris, stop asking stupid questions."

It's been 2 weeks since Kris took over the position, the busiest 2 weeks in his entire life. Kris even starts to wonder how Luhan could survive in those 5 years. Even so, it doesn't mean that Kris can't catch up with huge piles of work falling into his head every single day. Kris is a man of brain and he uses it to the most benefit, which a certain person finds it impressive.

Yixing has to admit, even Luhan cannot learn things as fast as Kris does. The way his brain works is too abnormal, to the point he once or twice has thought the one he hired is not so...human-like. However, Yixing would care less even if Kris is an alien or a mystical creature, as long as he can do his job properly. That's all he needs.

There is a minor thing about Kris that utterly annoys Yixing. The fact that his secretary can become the world's center in everywhere they go to only leads to the result of also getting Yixing into attention. As a result, Yixing starts to reduce the amount of time he works outside his office, and whenever he has to, he won't bring Kris along, ignoring how much Kris nags about it. In fact, not having Kris to assist him only doubles his tiresomeness, but it is still better than having all eyes on him. Maybe he hates the way people look at him, or he is just simply scared of how people would judge him based on his surface. After all he is the public slash social awkward.

"Let's call it a day. You can leave whenever you're ready, Kris."
"How about you?"
"I'll try to finish these before the day ends."
"Do I have to remind you that you haven't eaten anything today except coffee for breakfast?"
"I know that myself. Thank you."
"You're not intending to skip dinner, are you?"
"That counts as a stupid question. Now leave."

Kris rolls his eyes. He is willingly to place all his fortune on the bet that this stubborn man is not going to have dinner. However, it is not something Kris can comment about, so he decides to leave in silence.


Kris' apartment.

Kris finishes cooking himself a decent meal before happens to remember that he has to call Luhan. He makes sure he turns off everything in the kitchen before go looking for his cellphone, which currently is not in his sight. He literally upturns his appartment but his phone is nowhere to be seen.

'Could it be I left it in the office?' He mutters to himself. 8:30PM. He glances the the clock on the wall. The company's main entrance won't be locked until 10:00PM. I still can make it.

Kris arrives to the office in 20 minutes later. He tries to turn the door of Executive Department but it is locked.

Of course, everyone should have already left. He rustles his keychain to find the right key. Luckily I have the keys for every room in this Department.

As he unlocks his working office, he walks into the dark. Okay, I'm gonna need some light. Suddenly a voice resounds from inside the room, which makes his heart almost jump out.

"Who's that?"
"Wha...what? Yix....I mean Mr. Zhang?"
"Kris? What are you doing here at this time?"

Finally Kris can find the switches and turn them on, to see his boss still at the desk rubbing sleepiness off his tired eyes.

"I think I forgot my phone here. Why are you still here?"
"Working of course. Then I was a bit tired so I decided to take a rest."
"Have you had dinner?"
"....yes...."
"Lies."
"That's not the way you should talk to your boss."
"It's not office hours. Right now you're not my boss. Ah, here it is."

Kris puts the phone into his pocket and hovers over the table to check on Yixing's work.

"As I can see, you're done with tomorrow's share of work. Now let's go."
"But I still have more..."
"I accept no objection."
"It's not you who can say that to me."
"Like I care."

Kris drags his boss out of their office after he is done turning lights off and locking doors. Anyone who doesn't know about their relationship could never believe the one being pulled along is in higher position. Yixing tries his best to free himself from Kris' steel grip, which apparently makes it difficult for the taller man to move forwards.

"Stop it or I will have to carry you out, in bridal style."

Now Yixing stops struggling. Yixing's leadership aura is only in presence whenever he is on his working mode. When he is not, he transforms to a gentle and quiet person, and that person currently doesn't know how to resist the man who supposedly works under his command. He obediently follows Kris to the parking lot and get in his car, wondering about where Kris is going to take him to.

Yixing's eyes grows wider when Kris shows him his apartment. A delicious smell touches his nose as he walks inside the living room, which makes him realize he is dead hungry.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll go warm up the food."
"You don't need to..."

Kris sends his boss a glare, which shut him up. Yixing decides to shove himself into the soft couch and stop making comments on every single thing Kris does. He is inside Kris' territory anyway.

"Yixing, do you want to eat or you want to take a bath first?"

There is no repsonse, and Kris is sure his voice is rather loud.

"Yixing, what are you..."

Kris walks into the living room to find his boss already in his slumber. Kris lets out a quiet chuckle.

"And you still want to work more."

Kris takes a spare blanket and covers Yixing's body with it. He then goes outside to make his promised phone call to Seoul.

"Krisssss, why so late? I've been waiting."
"Luhan, you forgot to tell me your boss is a workaholic."
"Ah, I'm sorry...ah~ stop yelling, Yifan.
"Calling me by my given name won't get you out of this trouble."
"Ah~ Kris you meanie~ Minseok, Yifan is bullying me."

And he is freaking the same age with me.


Kris' apartment. Next morning.

Yixing shrivels up his body as he is feeling the chill morning on his back. He snuggles further into the warm flesh lying next to him. Normally he is a early riser but today the bed seems to be so comfortable that his mind just refuses to wake up.

Weird, I don't usually hugging pillows in my sleep. Wait, I don't have any pillow this huge on my bed. Moreover it feels like...human skin.

Yixing's eyes flutter open and the man finds himself hugging the Kris, wait, only half since he can still feel the fabric covering the other's legs with his bare feet. Yixing immediately pulls himself up from that position and looks around the room when his vague memory from yesterday slowly drifts back into his mind. He finally realizes that he has spent the night at Kris' apartment. Yixing catches his own reflection in the standing mirror across the bed. Right now he is only wearing his shirt with one or two buttons undone, his belt is unbuckled, and his suit and necktie is nowhere...

Ah, they are on the chair next to the mirror.

Yixing blinks his long eyelashes a few more time, trying to recall what could have actually happened yesterday but nothing comes to his mind. He glances at the alarm clock on the bedside table.

6:09AM
Normally I wake up at 5:00AM
.

"Urg, Yixing, why are you up so early?"

Kris' half-asleep tone brings Yixing's attention back to him. He feels his cheeks getting warmer and blood rushing inside his body causing the abnormal heart beat as his eyes are fixed on Kris' toned chest and luscious collar bone where he's just had his breath on a moment ago.

"Why are you so red? Are you feeling sick or..."

Kris pauses as he notices where the other man has his eyes on. His lips forms an implicative smirk as he leans closer to the younger.

"...or are you feeling something with my y body?"
"Wha...what are you talking about? And why are you getting close to me?"

Yixing jerks backwards to get away from Kris because he forgets that he is sitting on a single-sized bed, not the usual king size in his own room. Kris reaches out his hands in time to catch Yixing before he falls off the bed's edge and pulls the other man into his embrace. Then with a simple roll, he manages to get Yixing lying on the bed again and him, of course, topping the younger.

"Wha...what are you doing?"
"When we are at work, you are always good with your mouth. Why are you stuttering now?"
"You're talking nonsense. Now get off me."
"What if I don't?"
"I...you..."
"What? Cat got your tongue?"

Whilst the latter still doesn't know how reply, his unconsciously nervous makes the topper divert his eyes to the pink heart-shaped lips of the man lying underneath him. Those are just too...kissable.

"Can I kiss you?"
"What? No you can't. Wait..."
"Too late."

Kris inches closer, ignoring the latter's objection. Yixing just couldn't do anything against it since he feels weak under Kris' intense gaze on him. His hands clutch tightly onto the bed sheet as he squeezes his eyes shut, feeling Kris' hot breath brushing on his slightly trembling lips.

Suddenly, Yixing's stomach growls.

Kris stops right at the moment his lips is less than one inch away from Yixing's. The next moment he bursts into laughter, which makes Yixing turn his body to lie on his stomach so he could bury himself into the bed and hide his beet red face. This is the most humiliation he could possibly get in his entire life.

"Even your stomach wants to reject my kiss."
"Can you please stop talking that way?"
"Want something to eat?"
"No, I don't want to."
"Why? You're clearly hungry."
"Just don't want to."

And that makes Kris irritated. He knows his boss is a stubborn person, and if it is about work, he can take a step back and let the man do whatever he wants. However, this is about him torturing himself and Kris cannot stand it anymore. He grabs Yixing's body and forcibly rolls him over to face him.

"You want to eat or you want me to you?"

Yixing widens his eyes in fear as he can tell the man above him being definitely serious. He feels the tingling pain on his arm where Kris' grip is holding tightly on.

"What are you saying? You can't me. You're my..."
"What? Can't a secretary his boss? I'll re-write history if I need to."
"Wha..."
"So are you eating?"
"I...Okay..."
"Good."