Chapter 4: Why don't you just kill me?

Will you stay with me forever?

Sorry I took a week for an update, but here it is, chapter 4
The final chapter is coming soon, since I've finished half of it.
Personally I have no idea if this chapter is good or not. I mean at least it didn't sound weird when I proofread it >__<
So I hope you all like it *finger crossing*

P/S: Love you all <3<3<3 Your love for Kray|Krislay|Krisxing|Krispy Lays|21|...is awesome <3<3<3
(Why TF does our OTP have a whole bunch of names??? LOL)

_______________________________________________________________

Same week, Saturday, 9:40PM.

Yixing's brain gets dumbstruck again although it's just recovered from the previous blankness because of being kiss by Kris, when Mrs. Wu takes them back to her 'hotel room', which normally people call it 'a two bedroom suite at one of the most expensive hotels in Beijing'. Yixing knows that Kris is not from a average household but he has never thought the family of his temporary secretary can be this rich. Yixing starts to wonder why Kris has chosen to live alone in a a rent apartment and work his off everyday to save up money for a trip. 

Kris turns around as he thinks he has just heard a faint slapping sound, to see Yixing standing by the bedroom entrance, with his dazed look and a red tint on his cheek.

"Yixing, did you just hit yourself?"
"Yes I did."
"Why?"
"To wake myself up from this nightmare, even though I know I am not dreaming."

Kris exhales, a sad sounding sigh comes out from his lips. He walks toward Yixing and cups his small face with both hands, lifts it up so he can look straight to the other' eyes. A boiling temperature creeps onto Yixing's face as he becomes puzzled under the intense gaze of the taller man.

"It hurts when you say sharing a room with me is your nightmare."

Kris whispers those melting words with his sweet voice to Yixing's face in a distance of less than a span. The younger man tries his best to calm himself down or else Kris could clearly hear loud thumping sound of his heartbeat. However, it looks like his effort fails terribly and his face continues to blush like hell inside Kris' big comfortable palms.

"I...I will go sleep on the sofa out there."
"What? My Ma will kill me if I let you do that."
"So how about you..."
"No way."
"Then I..."
"Yixing, we're just sharing a bed. Why are you making things complicated?"
"Because you are...dangerous."
"What? Yixing, what have I ever done to scare you that much?"
"You almost me."
"It was only a threat, because you didn't want to eat."
"You kidnapped me from work."
"Did it cause you any physical or mental injury?"
"You kissed me."
"Okay, you're getting ridiculous."
"You are the ridiculous one. I'm out of here."

Yixing's hand is about to reach the knob when Kris catches his shoulder and pushes him against the wall, with both arms on the hard surface he locks the younger man in between.

"Why do you always make me to use force on you?"
"What are you saying? Let me g..."
"Listen. Sharing the bed with me and I promise I won't touch you. Or trying to sleep out there and I will make sure you lose your ity by tomorrow. Pick.one."
"You..."
"Your answer? Be quick, I'm losing my patience."
"You've already heard my answer."
"Oh, I'm sure you want to change it."
"Fine. I am sleeping here."

Kris' expression immediately softens when he hears Yixing agrees to stay. He watches the other man standing underneath him, whose eyelashes are blinking with frustration and a bit of fear. Kris feels guilty for making him so, and of course he never wants to raise his voice against Yixing. It was just that he is always driven to his limit by the other man's stubborn. Kris releases Yixing and leaves to the bathroom as he needs a nice bath to cool his head down, and also a short span of time so he can completely put those overwhelming feelings toward Yixing under proper control. Besides, Kris believes that it is better to let the younger man to be alone for a while so he can regain his composure.

Yixing's eyes are still on the door after watching the other man's leave. His heart has gradually returned to its normal beat and his face doesn't feel as hot as before. Letting out a small sigh, he closes his eyes and leans back so his body drops freely onto the bed behind. He lies there laying one of his arms over his forehead, wondering why he hasn't never thought of firing Kris after all the troubles Kris has been causing to his normal life.

Normal yet boring and colorless life.

Kris comes back to the room in the middle of his hair-drying with a towel, to find his totally-under-his-control boss is fast asleep, lying curled up under the fluffy blanket as his body is sensitive with the chilly weather since the autumn season is coming to the end. Kris stands watching the other man with an unconscious smile appeared on his face, silently admiring the silky dark brown hair which he always secretly messes with whenever Yixing falls asleep around him. Without a sound Kris closes the windows to prevent the room from getting colder, then slides himself under the same blanket. He pulls the younger close, until the delicate body frame of Yixing fits perfectly into his embrace as he slightly lifts Yixing's head to let it rest on his shoulder and puts his arm around Yixing's waist. He does everything with extra carefulness since he doesn't want to wake the latter up. Kris rests his face on Yixing's head, breathing the faint scent of hazelnut from the morning coffee which is still remained on his hair.

Why do I have to fall for you?


Same week, Sunday, 10:10AM.

Yixing is wondering why he is standing in front of ice cream kiosk of the shopping mall, together with Kris. Even though he intended to bid his goodbye to Kris and his mother this morning but in the end he got stuck with them because Mrs. Wu wanted to go shopping and she also wanted two of them to accompany her to the mall and spend times with her before she leaves Beijing by tonight.

"Why are we here, picking ice cream?"
"Because you and I wouldn't want to go shopping with my Ma. Believe me, it is a freaking living hell of walking from stores to stores and maxing out my father's credit cards."
"I mean why are we, men in their late twenties, want to eat ice cream?"
"Who says that men in late twenties cannot eat ice cream?"
"Never mind."
"If you don't want to choose, then wait for me outside."
"That sounds better."

Yixing makes himself comfortable on a bench right outside the food section. He is sitting there, arms and legs crossed, back leaning against the wooden frame behind. He tries to recall his last time coming to a crowded place just for enjoying life, not because it is a requirement for doing his jobs, even though this time it is totally against his will. Yet it seems that he cannot remember. Loud sounds of friends laughing and talking, images of parents and kids, boyfriends and girlfriends walking hands in hands, all of those unfamiliar movements around Yixing make him feel dizzy as his mind travels back to the past and his vague memories suddenly just starts to run backward like a black and white movie in slow motion.

Yixing used to have happy moments when his father still spent his free times with his family, and Yixing would follow him around all day with his short tiny legs of a five or six year old kid. As times passed, his father started to spend less time for being with his family, and his excuses were usually those of having too much work to do for the company. By the time Yixing entered Junior High, his father decided to put him under the pressure and hardship of being his sole inheritor. Yixing just followed his commands and did everything with his best. However, even with all the excellent achievements Yixing showed to his father, he never felt his father's satisfaction, not with his father's cold face and less words when he talked to his own son than he did with the others. Frustration and sadness drove Yixing to the decision of becoming the shadow of someone else, which started 5 years ago, so he didn't have to bear the burden of keeping up with people's expectation. Since then, he and his father completely stopped talking with each other.

Several tear-drops start to form in his eyes as his depression is welling up. The moment he swipes away the tears blurring his vision, someone holds out a plastic cup of ice cream to his face.

"Here."
"What is it?"
"Your ice cream."
"Why?"
"Just eat it."

Kris rolls his eyes and pushes the cup into Yixing's hand, before flopping himself to the vacant spot beside the younger man and starts his 'very strawberry' flavored ice cream cone.

"It's too sweet. Which flavour is it?"
"I don't know...raspberry something."
"You picked this for me without tasting?"
"I just asked for something pink that girls usually order."
"Do you seriously want me to have you murdered?"
"What? It was you who didn't want to choose by yourself."

Yixing stops argueing with Kris as he knows if he continues, their verbal dispute could have lasted for several hours, no less. Yixing slightly wrinkles his nose and throws a small pout at Kris when the older man is not looking at him. After that, he starts to cram small spoons of the pink color-ed ice cream into his mouth. It has been a while since his last time having the sweet frozen dessert, so his body reacts to this foreign pleasure with a shudder.

An arm is placed around his shoulders and pulls him to a hug, hand rubbing up and down along his own arm.

"Sorry, I forgot that you get cold easily."

Yixing turns his eyes to Kris, shows the other man his obvious surprise with what he is doing. Kris' lips form a gentle smile and a mild expression invades his eyes, which make Yixing's heart squeeze in a stinging pain as a cosy feeling creeps into it.

"Thank you."

Yixing smiles back at Kris, not his usual business smile but a sincere one, not a very big smile but wide enough to let Kris know he has always missed the fact that Yixing has a freaking cute dimple on his right cheek whenever he smiles. That fact makes the taller man dumbfounded.

Yixing, why don't you just kill me now?


Same week, Sunday, 12:30PM

"Luhan, do you know your boss has a dimple?"
"Pffss, do you think before asking? Of course I know that he has one on his right cheek when...wait, how to you know that?"
"I saw it myself."
"What? You can't see it if he doesn't...oh.my.gosh he did that to you? Freaking unfair! I've only seen his dimple twice in my 5 years, and you've been only there for 2 months. How could he do this to me?"
"Luhan, could you just..."
"Where are you right now? Both of you."
"We're at the shopping mall with..."
"What the hell? My boss, Zhang Yixing went to a shopping mall? With you? Kris, what did you do to my boss?"
"Luhan, I..."
"Did you let Yixing drink or eat something weird? Or did Yixing get hit in the head? Or...oh no don't tell me you kidnapped him there."

How the hell did he know?

"Luhan, I swear if you don't stop your nonsense blabbering, I will bring Sehun to a ing strip club."
"WHAT? Wu Yifan, I will ing kill you for that, understand? If you do something weird to Yixing and Sehun, I am ing killing you-u-u-uuuu..."

Kris rams his finger on the 'end call' button, utterly regrets for making that stupid call to Luhan just because he thought he could share his butterfly feeling over Yixing's dimple to his so-called best friend. Kris inhales a deep breath as he sluggishly stands up and walks his way to where his mother is forcing Yixing into clothes-trying. The way the younger man awkwardly tries to deal with his mother's insistent personality is so cute that it can even make Kris' annoyance go away at once.

* * * * * * *

This couple is freaking killing me with all the touching and whispering with each other at Tianjin Music High >__<

(Cr to Higher
HQ version available on weibo or tumblr)