My New Family

Monster Like Me

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. I awoke to the sounds of my own shuddering breaths. Wherever I was now, it was dark and cold. I tried moving my arm before the rest of my body and found that the drug had worn off. I felt stiff and sore, my back still felt horrible, and I realized that I was in different clothes from before.

                The top was black, tight, trimmed with a thin line of white fur, and cut out in the back to accommodate my I.D. number. I was wearing shorts that stopped at my mid thigh and knee-high combat boots. I don’t know how I got put into this getup, but I don’t wanna think about it right now. The door opened slowly and in walked two girls. One looked about my age, the other looked slightly older. They younger one had a full face, kind eyes and plump lips. The older one held mischievous eyes and a playful smile.

                “Annyeonghaseyo!!” The younger of the two exclaimed happily to me. I looked at her in a confused manner.

                “Huh? I’m sorry, I don’t speak Korean.” The older one stepped up and whispered something to the younger that nodded and stepped back.

                “I’m sorry about her, she doesn’t speak much English. I’m Chae Rin, but call me Roo.  And that little ball of energy is Min Ji; she goes by Pup. And you are?” she said and I felt myself relax.

                “Hello, Roo. My name is __________; I really don’t have a nickname.” I replied. She smiled in understanding before relaying the info in Korean to Pup.

                “Since you’re in this room with us, I’m assuming you’ve been in contact with Appa.” Roo said with a smirk. I scratched my head. Who is “Appa”?

                “I’m sorry, who?” I finally caved in confusion and asked.

                “Hyun Suk. He takes care of this block as if we were his own kids, so we just decided to call him Appa.” Oh, that explains a lot.

                “Yeah, he was in the room while I was in a straitjacket. He seemed so apologetic for my mistreatment, and he seemed physically disturbed by it.” I said recalling my brief time with him earlier in that horrid room. A piece of paper slipped under a crack in the door. Pup picked it up, read it, then handed it to Roo who then promptly grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the room. I started to protest but Roo covered my mouth and put a finger to hers as a gesture for me to be quiet. I simply nodded and let her drag me down the hall to another room. When we entered, I saw there were three other girls and five boys standing in a group, and in the center stood Hyun Suk. He was smiling and his mood seemed the complete opposite from what it did earlier.

                “I assume you now know why I kept apologizing earlier, huh?”

                “Yeah, but it’s not your fault this place is a hellhole.” One of the guys shook his finger at me, possibly because of my choice of words.

                “Aish, language. It isn’t polite for young ladies to swear.” Even though he apparently spoke English, his accent was a little thick. He was kind of short and had a huge Mohawk.

                “Yes, Mother.” I answered him and we all shared a collective laugh. Hyun Suk walked over towards me and traded spots with Min Ji and Chae Rin. I guess I was about to meet the whole ‘clan’.

                “You already know Roo and Pup, and I’m pretty sure you know I go by Appa. This is Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung, Big Seunghyun, Little Seunghyun or Seungri, Bom, Dara, and Ji Yeon.” Each nodded towards me at the mention of their name.

                “Hi, I’m _______. Most nodded and waved, a couple of them, like Min Ji, looked blankly at me because they couldn’t understand me.

                “A little help here, Appa?” He chuckled before whispering in my ear. He said something to me something in Korean and told me to bow and then repeat it.

                “Annyeonghaseyo. Chouneun ________ imnida. Jal butakduribnida.” Obviously, this didn’t turn out as perfect as possible and my pronunciation was just horrible. I heard a couple giggles, but I’m pretty sure they understood me.

                “Now, to get her familiar with your nicknames.” Appa said before signaling towards the group. Turns out these guys are pretty funny and they kinda make me wish I had a nickname.

Jiyong-Dragon

Youngbae-Sol (sometimes Eomma)

Daesung-Angel

Seunghyun-Alien

Seungri-Panda

Bom-Hamster

Dara-Bunny

Ji Yeon-(the real) Eomma

 

There were promises all around to make me a nickname and requests that I call the boys ‘Oppa’ and the girls ‘Eonni’ (Except for Ji Yeon who persisted I simply called her Eomma). Panda and Roo insisted that I go by Maknae for the time being. After being assured by Sol and Appa that it didn’t mean anything bad, I accepted the term and smiled at the happy buzz around me of my new oppas and eonnies discussing what could be a good nickname for me.

                “Roll Call!!!” a booming male voice called from the hallway. Appa checked his watch and cursed under his breath. He motioned for us to be silent and filed us out of the room in a line. The boys went to one side of the hallway and the girls to another so we were facing the boys. I was standing next to Roo and in front of Panda.

There were these huge, burly men with these weird light wands. I assume they were for seeing the numbers. There was a hiss of pain that I’m sure came from Seungri. He was being restrained as the weird light was passed over his forehead. The way these people treat us is horrific. It’s like they’re children and we’re butterflies: They catch us, study us, and when they get bored, they rip our wings off so to speak. They moved on from Seungri to me. I was forcibly turned and pushed against the wall, but I guess he saw my bandages and turned me back around and checked my bracelet. The guy huffed in annoyance and moved back to the guy’s side over to Daesung. He too was restrained against the wall and the light was passed over his chest. That’s when I saw it; his ID number was the exact same as the one before: BNF70354.

No way. My savior is Daesung??

I gotta talk to Chae Rin…………

 

 


(A/N): Annyeong!! I know this was supposed to be up days ago, but alas, i got sick. Anywho, sorry if this seems short or rushed to any of you. I'm debating whether or not to have flirty fluff next chapter and introduce the couples or have the next chapter be where 'you' talk to Chae Rin. Leave your response in a comment if you don't mind. and if you like it, tell your friends!!! And dont be shy, drop a comment just to say hi, or even to criticize me!!!! So, I hope you enjoy this one. And If you're good with graphics (I Royal Hippogriff at them) Please help me out by creating one for this story!!!!!!

감사합니다 !!!!!!