Vixen

Monster Like Me

Before we start this I really want to give a special thankyou to blasebeth for being so kind as to create the graphics and background image for this story!!!!!!!!!!!


They sent us in our lines to what I assume is a cafeteria. We got metal trays upon which creepy old ladies piled some indescribable slop; talk about service with a scowl.  We were quickly shuffled to grimy tables that looked like they haven’t been cleaned since they were built. We sat down, and I started poking at my food with my chopsticks. I’m pretty sure it moved a few times on its own. Checking around, I realized none of my ‘family’ had touched the slop and were just staring at each other intently. I poked Chae Rin’s side a couple times to ask what was going on, but she just shrugged me off and shook her head.

*We can’t talk here, so just be patient. And whatever you do, don’t eat that crap; Appa will leave food in our rooms.* Wait a second that thought didn’t come from me.

*Who’s in my head?* I thought as I looked around the table. Everybody was prodding the ‘food’ around their trays. Chae Rin shifted her eyes towards me and gave a small smirk.

*We’ll talk when they dismiss us, ________* I gave a slight nod and proceeded to poke at whatever that was on my tray. After what felt like a silent eternity, a bell rang. We stood up and filed out from that disgusting building.

We were lead outside to a large, fenced in area with all the other ‘monsters’. It was night time, and you could barely see the stars because of all the lights. Daesung stalked over to a random corner and sat in it. Min Ji jumped on Seungri’s Back, and the two went bouncing and laughing away. Seunghyun and Bom just sat in the middle of the field and stared at each other. *That’s a little weird.* I thought to myself as I stared on in fascination. Dara and Youngbae took each other’s hands while blushing and strolled off to who knows where. Jiyong grasped Chae Rin’s hand and gently the top of it with his thumb.

“Chae Rin, are you coming?” Jiyong asked in a curious tone.

“I will in a bit. Right now I need to talk to ­­­­­_______.” She replied a bit apologetically.

“Okay, don’t take all night.” He said jokingly.

“We won’t.” Jiyong pulled Chae Rin into a chaste kiss before turning to me.

“See ya’, Maknae!” He said while slightly ruffling my hair. After that, he walked off to sit by Daesung.

“So, _______, what is it you needed me for?” Chae Rin asked with a knowing smile.

“It’s about Daesung. I think he broke the rules to save me when I first got here.” I said while nervously scratching the back of my head.

“Oh yeah? What do you remember about that night?” She asked with a slight smile.

“I remember a large, furry, white beast and an ID number. I out almost right after I was rescued.” My arms shifted from my scratching my neck to twiddling my fingers. Chae Rin seemed to be thinking through things in her head.

“What was the number?”She asked while lost in thought.

“BNF70354.” I said while looking over at the boys. Jiyong was smiling and laughing about something while Daesung turned red in the face and looked away from him. Our eyes locked for a second and I felt my face heat up and butterflies erupt from my stomach. I immediately turned my gaze to the ground out of embarrassment. Chae Rin apparently saw the whole exchange and chuckled lightly at my expression.

“OMO. You’re so cute.” She said as she pinched my cheeks. I swear if I were a lighter color, my face would be redder than a ripe tomato.

“Eonni, stop it!” I whined; big mistake.

“Kyeopta, my little dongsaeng is the most adorable. That ID number is Daesung’s and there’s no doubt that he saved you that night. Question is: now what are you going to do?”  

“Thank him, I guess.” It seemed simple enough. Heck, he might even tell me why he saved a girl he’d never met before.

“Well then, let’s go.” Chae Rin grabbed my upper arm and led me over to Daesung and Jiyong. Jiyong’s face brightened up as Chae Rin and I got closer. Daesung saw us as well; his face turned red again and he refused to look at us. Jiyong took Chae Rin by the hand and sat her on his lap before scooting away from Daesung a bit. I stood in front of him nervously twiddling my fingers for a couple minutes before I decided it would be better to sit and be at eye level with him.

“So, you finally figured out that it was me?” Daesung asked with a slight chuckle. He looked at me, and I could feel myself being drawn to him.

“Uh, yeah; I came over here to thank you actually. But why-” He decided to cut me off

“Why save someone I’ve never met?” He took the words right out of my mouth. I silently nodded as a response. He just smiled kindly and answered.

“We are almost the same. You’re a Kitsune, right?” Again I nodded; his smile got bigger.

“I could tell by your scent. I could also smell your fear before I ran to you.” I just blinked at him with a blank expression on my face. He looked at me before laughing again.

“I’m sorry, allow me to explain; I’m a three-tailed Kumiho.” He said while holding out his hand for mine. I placed my hand in his.

“I’m a two-tailed Kitsune.” He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it gently. I turned away out of embarrassment.

“Well then, my dear Vixen,” He took my chin between his index finger and thumb and turned me to face him. “It’s a pleasure to be able to get to know you.” He gave me a warm smile and released my hand. The four of us sat there for a while talking about random topics that came to our heads including who’s going to be tasked with teaching me Korean. They kept arguing back and forth about who would teach me. Ultimately, we decided to decide during the next ‘family meeting’.

After a while, we were shuffled back to our rooms and our doors were locked for the night. Chae Rin and Min Ji immediately lifted their pillows and pulled out little white bundles. I did the same and what I found made my stomach howl with longing. The girls laughed and started eating. I rolled my eyes and did the same. We spent the night chatting with Chae Rin serving as the interpreter between us. Somehow we came to the topic of the conversation between me and Daesung. Min Ji wanted to know everything, and Chae Rin told her everything.

“So, Vixen, was it?” Chae Rin asked teasingly.

“It’s nothing, honest; a vixen is a female fox. If you weren’t paying attention: I’m a Kitsune.” I say in defense.

“Whatever you say, Vixen. I saw the way you two were looking at each other. I think you like him; it’s beyond obvious that he likes you.” Chae Rin said. She repeated it in Korean to Min Ji who just nodded in agreement.

“Whatever, you guys are insane if you think he likes me. It’s been fun, but I’m going to bed; good night!” I said and buried myself under my thin blanket.

“Good night.”

“Jal jja.”

We all fell asleep with full bellies and semi-sound minds. But for some reason, I couldn’t get Daesung out of my mind. I wasn’t really thinking about it, it was as if someone was placing the images in my head. Oh well, might as well enjoy the scenery as I fall into unconsciousness.

Vixen……………

 


Sorry it took so long, I had an onslaught of ideas and had to organize them before they got away. So comment and subscribe. and to my silent readers, that includes you please comment they make me feel loved.