The Calm Before the Storm

Monster Like Me

  Annyeonghasaeyo, Yeorubon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've missed you all so much!!!!! Did you miss me??? Of course you did!!          

I honestly would've updated earlier, but Iwas dealing with a very difficult issue (I still am). But I decided you all waited patiently long enough and I should just it up and finish the chapter for you guys.

I really wanna thank all of my subscribers!!!!!! Those who have been with me since day 1, those who just subscribed during my prolonged hiatus, and all of you who subscribed in between.

So, I'm not going to hold you guys up any longer and I give you the next chapter!!!!!!!!!


               I was a complete wreck. It had been somewhere around two months and I hadn’t seen Daesung. I couldn’t sleep, my hair was a mess, and I looked like the walking dead. What food we did get, Chae Rin had to force me to eat it. How could I live on like everything was all right when I didn’t know if he was even alive? Nobody had been able to create a mental link with him, so nobody knew what happened. Not even Appa knew where he was. It’s been killing me inside. I didn’t even feel like myself anymore, or rather, I didn’t feel attached to my body in any way. It’s like I was floating above everyone and everything just watching while this played out. I did nothing, I said nothing, I felt nothing.

                We were out in the field again. I decided a while ago that his corner would become mine until he returned. So here I was, huddled in the corner, arms wrapped around my knees, shaking and shivering like no tomorrow. My head was buried in my knees as I let hot tears and vicious sobs rack my body. Was it natural to feel this lost, this hurt, this alone without just one person? Strong, comforting arms encircled my body and rubbed soothing circles on my back.

                “Only if it’s that one person who means the world to you. Any time spent away from them seems like an eternity and you just can’t wait to wrap your arms around them once again.” I knew who it was before he even started talking, though it disappointed me to no end, he was only trying to help.

                “Bae-Eomma, stop reading my thoughts, please; I want some things to be private.”

               “________-ah, I’m only doing this because I want to help. This has been hard on all of us, but it’s hurt you the most. He’ll be back sooner than you think; do you suppose he wants to see you like this? If he sees you crying over him, he’ll blame himself and then we’ll have two blubbering babies on our hands.” I unwrapped my arms from my knees and clutched onto Youngbae with all the might I had left in my body.

                “It just hurts so much, Eomma. There’s this pain in my chest, and I know it’s all his fault; that bastard.” Youngbae just my hair softly and tried to calm me from my sob fest. Somehow during that time, everybody made their way over towards us. I let go of Youngbae and attempted to wipe my tears and not look completely depressed. Seunghyun reached out a hand and ruffled my hair into an even messier mass of curls.

                “My sweet little dongsaeng, I know this is near impossible for you. You wanna know what my Eomma told me when I was depressed?” I nodded my head and sniffled a bit.

                “Well, Oppa used to be very chubby, and when I got depressed I would eat until I felt better. Well, one day my Eomma said to me ‘Seunghyun, boy, you put down that cheesecake. You throw out that fondue. And you get up off of that couch boy, get on up!’ Sit down, Seungri!!” I giggled a bit as Seungri sat back down and cowered behind Min Ji.

                “There’s that smile. You know, you look better that way, smiling that is.” Dara pointed out. I felt silly now for wasting so much time worrying everybody. If they were willing to go through all of this just to make me smile, the least I could do was give them what they want. I wiped my tears off on the back of my hand and looked back at the ground for a second.

                “I’m sorry everyone. I didn’t mean to worry you so much.” They all just chuckled lightly and shook their heads. There was a commotion over in the north end of the field. Seunghyun and Ji Yeon stood up and looked around to try and see what was going on. They visibly paled after a few seconds. Ji Yeon looked at Youngbae who grabbed me and held me tight.

                “Brace yourself, kid.” Suddenly, my chest felt as if it would cave in and my breath hitched. There he was; Daesung. He was limping and his lip was busted in several places. He had cuts all over his visible body and bruises everywhere.  The family, minus Seunghyun and Ji Yeon, all gasped slightly at the sight.

                “Oppa, gwenchanaeyo?” Min Ji spoke up first. He turned to her and slightly nodded.

                “Neh, gwenchana.” His focus returned to me as he came to sit in front of me. He nudged at Youngbae’s hands for him to release me. When he did, Daesung embraced me tightly and kissed the top of my head repeatedly. He let go of me slightly to look me in the eyes. Mine darted down to his lips and I brought a hand up to touch them. He winced a bit and I drew my hand back. I tried again, except a tad lighter. He kissed my fingertips and palm as I began to caress his cheek.

                “You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to do this. You don’t know how much I missed you these past days.” He whispered softly into my ear before nibbling the lobe. I sighed and melted further into his embrace. He kissed my neck briefly and loosened his hold a bit. He brought his hand up to wrap a finger in my curls lovingly.

                “Daesungie- Oppa, saranghaeyo.” I said as I brushed my fingers against his, now less blond, fringe. He looked surprised at first, but quickly gained composure and smiled brightly.

                “Nado saranghae, Vixen.” He kissed me sweetly once more and brought our foreheads to rest together. We closed our eyes, and breathed in deeply. With each breath we took, we drifted further and further away from reality. He and I slipped into this abyss where nothing mattered but us. Time became irrelevant as seconds, minutes, and hours blurred together until all seemed to stand still. Our breath mingled together in a calming waltz of understanding, and- in that moment- he gripped me tightly by the waist and kissed me as if the world was shattering beneath us at that very moment. We broke apart for air, and as we did, the ice cold hands of reality jerked us back to our cruel, twisted lives.