Escape

Monster Like Me

Daesung’s POV

One by one, everyone disappeared as Pup put everyone into position. Sooner than I would’ve liked, _______ was taken from me again as Pup came to put her in position. Pup soon came back for me as well. This was it; now or never. If we screw this up, we may as well say annyeong to any chance we’ll ever have of getting out of here.

The plan was simple; we were basically walking out the front gate. However, it was a little more complicated than that. Panda was supposed to help Appa be a diversion, Pup was supposed to transport everyone outside the facility and keep them out of sight, Sol, Eomma, Alien, Hamster, Dragon, Roo, and Bunny were just supposed to be transported and wait for the  rest of us so we can move to our next location. ________ and I were to keep watch and confuse any passerby that could potentially sabotage this for us. Of course, there was a backup plan if things didn’t go as planned and they might not, but I don’t want to think about that. All that matters is getting everyone out of here alive.

We managed to get out of the main facility unscathed. The only thing we had to do now was get past a large, open field and go through the labyrinth of the guard towers. The field itself wasn’t more than a good sprint, but it was surrounded by the guard towers. One wrong step and we’d be sitting ducks.

*We can’t move all at once, that’s a death sentence. If someone gets hurt, get them out of there only when you think it’s safe. There’s no need for everyone getting hurt. Our main goal is to get out of here as quickly as possible.*

We all nod at Appa’s words knowing that he wouldn’t be able to hear our thoughts in his head.

Pup moves first in a single, disorienting move and appears just as quickly in the blind spot between the towers. She would’ve taken us all, but since she had earlier, doing it now would’ve made it conspicuous. Alien went next and sprinted the split second it would take him to reach Pup. ______ looked a bit hesitant before she concentrated to cloak herself in an illusion. She began to sprint, but barely took a few steps before stumbling and falling to the ground, the pain evident in her face. The illusion was dropped, and her cover was blown.  Almost immediately, we hear gun shots; one of the guards had seen her and started targeting her. With all abandon to the plan, we all sprinted in a free for all. I immediately ran for _______ to scoop her up and carry her along with me to safety.

“Stupid girl, why would you run if you knew you couldn’t?” I whisper harshly in her ear as we reach the now temporary safety of the blind spot.

“I’m sorry, Oppa. I didn’t think it was that bad. I didn’t want to slow everyone down. And I didn’t want you to worry about me, Angel.” She replied and frowned a little.

I cradled her head to my chest and held her tight for a second.

“It’s okay, just don’t ever scare me like that ever again. You have no idea what that does to me, I die a little inside, you know.” She just nods and I kiss her head before we hear an explosion.

“BOM/DARA!!!!!!!!!!!” we hear Seunghyun and Youngbae yell out at the same time. They were sprawled out on the ground with a crater a few feet away from them. Bom’s left leg was bent at an unnatural angle and Dara was clutching her ankle tightly. Seunghyun ran for Bom and had her back to his starting point in the matter of a second. Youngbae took a little longer, but still managed to pick up Dara. On his way to the blind spot though, there was a gunshot aimed for Dara’s head. Youngbae saw it, and attempted to move out of the way. The bullet just barely grazed his left bicep. I don’t think he even knew he was hit; his face showed no recognition of it.

            Minji quickly goes to transport the unfortunately human Appa from the imminent danger of being left alone on the battlefield. With everyone now in the blind spot, we hastily made our way into the mass of jumbled hallways that would eventually lead us to freedom.

           


 

I'm so sorry that this is sooooo short an it's been so long since I've uploaded.... but I've been working on a new story (I know I shouldnt, but the temptation......)

It's a blockb/OC story. right now, I'm still working on the beginning chapters, so I'm going to take a while before I upload the frist chapter.

I'm already writing the next chapter for this story, although I'm not sure when I'll be putting it up.... to be honest, this chapter's been sitting on my computer for a while.... Please don't attack me......