CNU

Good Morning and Good Night

You groaned as the morning sunlight began to shine through the bedroom window. A whine left your throat as you tucked your head against the person beside you and underneath the warm blankets. The arms wrapped around your frame pulled you closer as the person let out a deep chuckle. You froze in embarrassment, realizing that he was already awake.

 

Last night, you had went over to Shinwoo’s apartment to watch a movie together. The movie ended up being a lot scarier than you or Shinwoo expected. He had insisted that you stay over using the reason that you must have been very afraid. You liked horror movies and it was him who had jumped in his seat in multiple scenes. But you didn’t say anything and agreed to stay over.

 

Because this had been the first time you slept over, it had been a little nerve-racking. Shinwoo did his best to make you comfortable. Eventually you had fallen asleep in his arms. You forgot all about that he would have to see you in the morning.

 

One of Shinwoo’s arms left you as he pulled the blanket off your head. You kept your eyes closed and pressed your face into his chest. Shinwoo laughed at your reaction and brushed your hair with his fingers.

 

“Good morning.”

 

You muttered the greeting back, feeling your face heat up. Why couldn’t you be cool and collected like he was? Shinwoo placed a kiss on the top of you head before embracing you again. He just held as you got over your embarrassment. An hour went by with the two of you just laying there, enjoying the warmth of his bed. Neither of you spoke and you were beginning to think Shinwoo may have fallen back to sleep. He did like to sleep.

 

Curious, you pulled away from him and looked up at his face. The corners of his lips curled up in a sleepy smile as Shinwoo watched your every move. He thought that you were acting completely adorable even your now wide eyes were cute. Shinwoo reached over and place a hand gently on your cheek. His thumb rubbed soothing circles against your skin.

 

“Did you sleep well?”

 

You could only nod your head. It amazed you how handsome Shinwoo could look in the morning. You were so lucky to have found such a sweet and caring boyfriend. That small smile and that loving stare were meant only for you. This realization made you extremely happy and you finally smiled back at him, feeling completely comfortable now.

 

Shinwoo grabbed you around the waist and pulled you against him once again. He held you tight, trying to convey how much he cared about you. The truth was that he was content staying in bed with you all day. He looked forward to just laying there, having small conversations and resting. It was exactly what he needed.