Baro

Good Morning and Good Night

Baro rolled onto his side as he tried to get comfortable on the scratchy couch. Even with the warm, white down comforter and fluffy pillow, he couldn’t fall asleep. He kept thinking about the person, sleeping in the next room. Giving up on finding a good enough sleeping position, he got up from the couch and the room’s light. He went back to the couch and sat back down on the couch pulling the comforter around him.

 

When you had suggested that he stay the night after a long date, Baro wasn’t exactly sure what he had been expecting. Of course, he wasn’t thinking it would go as far as getting intimate but he didn’t think you would force him to sleep in your living room on the couch. Was it wrong that he had just wanted to sleep next to you and feel your warmth? Whisper and quietly laugh with you until you feel asleep? Even if he did seem like the tough bad boy in his group of friends, he had a needy and soft side too! Especially when it came to you.

 

Baro leaned against the armrest, resting his head on his hand. A sigh left him as he continued to think about you. Maybe you didn’t trust him enough. You should know by now that he respected your boundaries and would never do anything to make you uncomfortable. Couldn’t a guy just cuddle with his girlfriend as they fall asleep together? He thought it would be nice to wake up next to you. He always wanted to see how you looked waking up. How you would look at him with barely opened eyes and give him a sleepy smile. He would smile back and pull you close. That’s what Baro wanted.

 

An idea formed in his head and true to his personality, he acted on it without really thinking about the consequences. Baro grabbed his pillow and stood up. He decided to leave the comforter behind as he left the room, making sure to turn off the light on his way out. Baro made his way down the hallway to your bedroom. He slowly opened your door and stepped inside.

 

You were curled up under your blankets with your back facing him. The blankets rose and fell steadily indicating that you had already fallen asleep. Baro wondered how you could have fallen asleep so easily when he was still awake thinking about you. Maybe… you didn’t think about him the same way that he thought about you. He was about to leave the room when he was stopped.

 

“Don’t go..”

 

You had turned around and was now looking at him with sleepy eyes. Shifting backwards, you made enough room on the bed for him to lay down. Baro stared at you for a moment before crossing the room and joining you. Once he was under the blankets, he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close.

 

“Were you waiting for me?”

 

Even though Baro was teasing you, he was really happy that you hadn’t sent him away. You hit him lightly on the chest before snuggling up to him, enjoying his warmth.

 

“Shut up and go to bed, Stupid.”

 

Baro chuckled and laid his head against yours, finally finding a comfortable sleeping position.