Gongchan

Good Morning and Good Night

Gongchan thought it was strange when you had agreed to stay over at his place so easily. Because both of you were still young, he thought that you would be extremely skittish about the idea. But you had happily agreed, not even bothered by the idea. Maybe you were more mature than he thought.

 

That was until you fell asleep the moment the two of you laid in bed.

 

Gongchan hadn’t even turned off the bedroom light before he heard your light snores. He wanted to throw a fit but he controlled himself. Because he wasn’t even tired yet, Gongchan kept the bedroom light on but joined you on the bed anyways. He laid on his stomach and pulled the blanket over his head. He stayed like that as he thought.

 

He wanted to have a relationship like his hyungs. Gongchan had heard about they would have cute little interactions with their girlfriends right before sleeping. They would be able to feel so much more connected to their other halves. He wanted to experience that. It was supposed to be a big milestone to be sleeping next to each other for the first time. Gongchan was so envious of them.

 

Gongchan pushed himself up so he was now resting on his elbows and looked over at your sleeping form.

 

You were sleeping on your stomach with your arms tucked underneath the pillow. Your head was turned towards him and your mouth was slightly open. The light snores that had escaped you early subsided and you were now sleeping quietly.

 

With his left hand, he began to trace each of your facial features with his finger tips. Those eyebrows that would furrow when you didn’t get your way. The small scar on the side of your forehead from a childhood accident. You would always try to cover it up with bangs but Gongchan would always push them aside to peer at it. He didn’t find it ugly at all. It was one of the beautiful things that defined you.

 

He ran a finger lightly over your eyelashes, amazed how thick they were. His finger ran gently down your nose, letting it follow every curve. Finally, he touched the delicate skin of your lips. They felt incredibly soft and it made him remember the very first time he had kissed you. Both of you had been so nervous and your noses almost collided. After a few attempts, he was finally able to kiss you correctly.

 

Gongchan began to realize that even though he wasn’t able to spend time with you before you fell asleep, he was able to experience something. The natural and serene look of your sleeping face would forever be in his mind and he hoped that he would be able to see in more often in the future. He felt this warming feeling inside his heart and he realized how much he truly cared for you.

 

Gongchan leaned over and placed a kiss on your forehead.

 

“I love you.”

 

Even if you weren’t awake for the first time he said those words didn’t take away its significance. He truly loved you and he would tell you again in the morning when you were awake. He smiled as he imagined the red hot blush that would cover your face.

 

Feeling content, Gongchan got up and turned off the bedroom light before going to sleep.