Chapter Three: The Date

The Chocolate Coffee Cafe

A/N: Hi There! I'm a little late, I know.. I had stuff going on... But now it's here! Here It Be!! I hope you guys like it! The poster was done by UnicornHepHap! She. Is. Fabulous! :)

 

~Chapter Three~

It was Friday and Chanyeol was excited. It was the day of his date. He was nervous, happy, giddy, and all of those emotions jumbled up together.

He practically jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, smiling all the way. And after about 10 minutes, he came back out with a content smile on his face. He then started searching for the perfect outfit and once he found it, he threw it on and ran back into the bathroom. Thirty minutes later, he came out looking flawless with his hair done perfectly and clothes neat and picked out nicely. He looked in his closet mirror and admired his work.

He blushed when he caught himself staring at his own .

He checked the time and was surprised when he found that it was already 10:30 am. He had to meet Kris at 11:00. He quickly put on his shoes, converse, and made his way out the door.

On his way to The Cafe, he ended up texting Baekhyun.

Baekhyun! I'm on my way to The Cafe and I'm so nervous! I have so many doubts! :( Chanyeol anxiously waited for his friend's reply. The message made him jump with it came in.

Chanyeol, what doubts could you have? He likes you! If he didn't, he wouldn't have asked you out! And it's natural to be nervous. He will love you! I promise! :) Chanyeol smiled at the message but, he was still a nervous wreck. Chanyeol quickly typed back.

Bacon! I still have doubts! But I'll take your word for it. I'm almost at The Cafe, so I'll text you later! Bye! :D Chanyeol could see The Cafe in the distance and he checked the time. 10:50. He had to hurry up. He jogged a bit and he got there with five minutes to spare. He took in a deep breath but, it caught in his throat when he saw Kris waiting for him at one of the tables. Why didn't Baekhyun tell me?! He then looked over to the counter and saw Baekhyun smiling devilishly at him. Chanyeol glared at him and he saw Baekhyun try to stifle a laugh.

Chanyeol decided to get it over with and walked through the door. The bell sounded, alerting Kris that Chanyeol was here. Chanyeol saw Kris smile at him and he walked over. He smiled his wide smile, to mask his nervousness, and sat down across from Kris.

"Hey, Chanyeol. How was your morning so far?" Kris asked casually. Chanyeol thought for a moment, then smiled.

"It's good so far! I was looking foward to this little gathering we are having right now. How was yours?" Chanyeol almost facepalmed himself. Wow, Chanyeol. How stupid could you be? he asked himself.

"Mine's good and I've also been looking forward to this." Kris grinned at him. Chanyeol was about to reply when Tao came over to take their orders.

"Hi! I'm going to be your server! Here are your menus." Tao passed two menus out and Chanyeol started to look through it.

"Can I get you guys some drinks?" Tao questioned them.

"Vanilla coffee, please!" Chanyeol stated, smiling.

"Do you always get that?" Kris chuckled and Chanyeol blushed.

"Yeah. It's my favorite." Chanyeol said, shyly. Kris chuckled again.

"I'll have a black coffee, please." Kris looked up as Tao wrote down their orders.

"Alright! I'll get Baekhyun to bring them out, and I will come back to take your orders!" And with that, Tao walked off to give the order to his fiance. Chanyeol kept looking at the menu.

"What are you going to get, Chanyeol?" Kris asked. Chanyeol thought over his choices for a moment. Kris chuckled suddenly.

"You're so cute when you're in thought!" Kris stated and Chanyeol flushed bright red.

"Thank you, and I think I'm going to get Kimchi Fried Rice." Chanyeol smiled up at Kris and closed his menu.

"What about you?" Chanyeol asked him. Kris shrugged.

"Kimchi Fried Rice. If you think it's good then I'll take your word for it." Kris grinned at his date. Said date blushed even redder than before. Fortunately, Baekhyun walked over with their drinks in his hands. He passed the drinks to them and Chanyeol took it, gratefully. Baekhyun smiled.

"I'll save Tao a trip over and take your orders now. What can I get you?" Baekhyun asked and waited.

"Two orders of Kimchi Fried Rice, please." Kris stated. Chanyeol stacked the menus as Baekhyun wrote and looked up at his friend. Baekhyun smiled as he finished and took hold of the menus.

"Tao and I will be back with your orders soon." And Baekhyun walked away. Kris turned to Chanyeol.

"So, tell me about yourself, Chanyeol." Kris requested as he layed his chin in his hands. Chanyeol complied.

"Alright. Well, I was born in Seoul and I have lived here all my life. My umma works as a doctor in a well-known hospital and my appa works as a lawyer in a prestigious law-firm." Chanyeol finished, proudly. Kris nodded and smirked.

"What about you, Wu Fan? Tell me about you." It was Wu Fan's turn to think. Chanyeol smirked to himself.

"Well, I was born in Guangzhou, Guangdong but, my parents moved to Canada. I studied in school and grew up there. I am fluent in four languages; English, Korean, Mandarin, and Cantonese." Stated Kris. Chanyeol's mouth was hung open.

"Really?!" He asked incredulously and Kris nodded.

"Yeah." He responded.

"That's so cool! I wish I could do that!" Chanyeol praised Kris on this new found fact. Kris grinned.

"I also have a brother, a younger one. His name is Kiran. My umma was pregnant with him when we moved Canada, he was born in Canada." Kris mentioned. Chanyeol nodded.

"That's cool. I don't have any siblings. Does he still live in Canada?" Chanyeol questioned. Kris nodded and took a sip of his coffee.

"He lives with our parents still." Kris stated. Chanyeol sipped his vanilla coffee and watched as Baekhyun and Tao came out with their food.

"Kimchi Fried Rice and another Kimchi Fried Rice. Enjoy." Baekhyun passed out their plates and bowed his head. He walked back with Tao in turn. Chanyeol immediately dug into his food.

"This is so good!" Chanyeol exclaimed a few moments later. Kris smiled, but it faded after a moment. Kris started to eat his too.

"You're right, and it better be because I'm paying." Kris stated and ate some more. Chanyeol stopped for a minute.

"I'm not letting you pay for me." Chanyeol stated firmly. Kris scoffed.

"Of course I'm paying for you! You are my date and, besides, I want to." Kris said nonchalantly. Chanyeol blushed a deep, tomato red.

"U-um, o-okay. Whatever y-you say." Chanyeol stuttered. Kris smirked triumphantly. Then, his smirk died down into a small smile.

"You're so cute, Chanyeol." Kris commented suddenly. Chanyeol freezed and hid his face in his hands. He didn't think he could blush even more, but it was, apparently, possible.

"Kris, you're too much!" Chanyeol mumbled but Kris still managed to hear him. He just laughed.

"Am I?" Kris smirked. "I was just giving you a compliment." Kris shrugged and Chanyeol lifted his head from his hands. He smiled. He took another bite of his food and hummed. He liked it a lot. Kris ate some too.

Soon enough, the both of them had cleared their plates and were full. Baekhyun came over to give them the check, but he knew who was paying. After handing Kris the check, he bowed and walked back to the counter. Kris put the won in the little folder and closed it. Chanyeol watched him.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Kris asked him. Chanyeol nodded.

"Lets go to the park!" Chanyeol smiled happily. Kris nodded and got up out of his chair. Chanyeol did the same and they both walked out together, but not before Baekhyun shouted his goodbye to Chanyeol. Chanyeol laughed as he waved goodbye to him.

The park was across the street from the cafe. It was big and it had a good size fountain in the middle. Chanyeol spotted an oak tree to sit under and he did so with Kris. The children played on the playground not too far from them. Chanyeol sighed.

"I never got to go on a playground when I was younger." He murmured suddenly. Kris made a face.

"Why not?" Kris inquired. Chanyeol shrugged.

"My parents worked too much. Umma and appa got up early in the morning and worked until the late hours of the night. And even then did they get called in the middle of the night to come to the office or hospital. I only really saw them on special holidays. Not even my birthday was really important. I had a babysitter and she took care of me everyday for eighteen years, until I was ready to live on my own. Sad childhood, isn't it." Chanyeol explained, bitter smile on his face. Kris shook his head.

"And your babysitter never took you to a playground?" Kris asked and Chanyeol shook his head.

"She wasn't allowed. I couldn't leave the house." Chanyeol mumbled. Kris frowned.

"Well, let's go." Kris stood up and offered his hand to Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked up at him questioningly.

"What do you mean 'let's go'?" Chanyeol asked.

"I mean, we are going to go on the playground." Kris deadpanned. A wide smile spread across Chanyeol's face as he jumped up and took Kris' hand, dragging him to the playground.

All of the conversation and other noises were drowned out by Kris and Chanyeol's laughs.
 -----

A/N: Hello! Did you enjoy it? Leave me a comment! I love reading them! You guys are great and I'm glad you are reading this story! I'm going to go now! Until the next chapter!