Chapter One: The Meeting

The Chocolate Coffee Cafe

 

A/N: Hi! So this is the first chapter of The Chocolate Coffee Cafe! I can't believe I have so many subscribers! I love you all!! ^_^ I'm writing the second chapter right now! Disclaimer: The poster was done by UnicornHepHap. She is awesome! (no really, she is!) Now onto the story!

~Chapter One~

It was autumn. The crisp air was fresh in the afternoon sun. Chanyeol walked along the sidewalk as he came across different shops. He loved looking at them. He used to love going out shopping with his mother because he was fascinated with all the stores they came in and out of.

He stopped as he came across a coffee shop. It had started to get chilly so he decided he wanted some coffee. He strolled into the unfamiliar place and admired his surroundings. The place was cozy, with soft lights and light sound of laughter and conversation coming from different tables.

"Hello! Welcome to The Chocolate Coffee Cafe! What can I get you?" A small boy greeted from behind the ordering counter. Chanyeol smiled.

"I'll have a vanilla coffee, thank you." Chanyeol kept the smile on his face. The small boy smiled too.

"That'll be two thousand won." The boy looked up as he finished typing on the computer in front of him. Chanyeol handed him the won.

"One second, please." The boy walked over to the coffee machines and started to make the vanilla coffee.

"So, what's your story, mystery boy?" The boy asked Chanyeol. Chanyeol still smiled.

"What do you mean?" He asked the worker. The boy came over with the drink soon after.

"I mean, why are you here in this part of town? You seem like the type of person to be in the suburbs, not a bustling city." The boy pointed out. Chanyeol just shrugged his shoulders.

"I usually walk around this part of the city in the spring and fall. I just found this coffee shop today so I decided to give it a try." Chanyeol sat down at the bar-like counter. Another employee came to take the orders as the boy made the drinks.

"Ah... I see. Well, mystery man, do you know what the legend is behind this place?" The boy asked Chanyeol. Chanyeol tipped his head to the side, cutely.

"There is a legend?" The clueless boy asked the waiter. The boy nodded at Chanyeol.

"Yes, there is. The legend says that almost all of the people who live in Seoul right now will meet there true love here, if they haven't already. The legend also says that you will kiss your true love outside of this shop." The boy explained. Chanyeol's eyes widened.

"I have proven this." The boy added. Chanyeol's eyes widened even more than they already were. The boy chuckled at his newfound friend's antics.

"How?" Chanyeol asked.

"Watch." The boy said. "Tao!" The boy called another employee over. Said boy smiled and went over to where the other two were conversing. The boy, Tao had black hair and brown eyes. He didn't look Korean. Maybe Chinese. Chanyeol thought. Tao immediately wrapped his arms around the smaller boy.

"What did you need, Baekhyunnie?" Tao asked as he rested his head on Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun smiled softly.

"I was just talking to...?" Baekhyun trailed off.

"Chanyeol." Chanyeol introduced himself.

"Ah! I was just talking to Chanyeol here about the legend of this coffee house." Baekhyun turned around in Tao's arms, but he looked back at Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, this is my fiance, Huang Zitao or just Tao. Tao, this is my newly-found friend, Chanyeol." Baekhyun introduced them. Tao smiled and bowed. Chanyeol bowed also before looking up at the two lovebirds.

"Zitao! Byun! Get back to work!" The manager suddenly shouted. Tao reluctantly went back to his working station, Baekhyun started taking orders again, and Chanyeol started to drink the rest of his beverage. The bell hanging from the top of the front door rung but Chanyeol didn't pay it any attention.

"Hi!" Baekhyun greeted the new customer. "What can I get you?" Chanyeol still didn't pay attention.

"Coffee. Black. Thanks." The new customer ordered. Baekhyun didn't mind the rudeness; an idea was forming in his head.

"Alright, that will be one thousand won." The newcomer paid and sat down next to Chanyeol.

"Psst! Chanyeol." Baekhyun whispered but got Chanyeol's attention.

"What?" Chanyeol looked up from his coffee. Baekhyun walked over and gave the man his coffee before walking back over to Chanyeol.

"Did you even look at the guy next to you?! He's not my type but I think he could be yours." Baekhyun said a-matter-of-factly.

"How did you know I was gay? And how do you know what my type is?!" Chanyeol narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Baekhyun just smiled.

"Will you just look at him? And I just know." Chanyeol looked at the man next to him. He almost died inside. The man was perfect. He had light brown hair and dark brown eyes. His face was beautiful to Chanyeol. Chanyeol turned back to Baekhyun, eyes widened.

"What do I do?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.

"Tell him the legend." Baekhyun mouthed to Chanyeol. Chanyeol nodded and took a deep breath.

"You know, there is a legend about this place." Chanyeol started. The newcomer looked over at him. He raised an eyebrow at Chanyeol.

"Really?" The man asked. Chanyeol nodded, and he went on to tell the legend to the man.

"Two workers here prove it." And as if on cue, Tao and Baekhyun walk up to the counter.

"Hi!" They greeted in unison. The man's lips upturned from their downward position.

"I'm Baekhyun,"

"I'm Tao,"

"And we are," they started to say in unison.

"BaekTao!" They introduced themselves. Chanyeol almost burst out laughing but instead he started smiling like an idiot. The newcomer started clapping.

"Or TaoBaek. It doesn't really matter." Tao added before putting his arm around Baekhyun's waist.

"I'm Chanyeol." Chanyeol introduced himself and put his hand out for the man to shake. The man took it and they shook.

"I'm Wu Fan or just Kris." Kris smirked a bit. Chanyeol thought he had the most iest voice he had ever heard.

"So what brings you here, Kris?" Tao asked him. They are so alike, Tao and Baekhyun. Chanyeol thought. Kris sipped his coffee.

"It seemed like a nice place to relax. I just got off a flight last weekend from Canada and I've been staying with a friend. I hadn't gotten much time to sight see with all the unpacking." Kris explained.

"You live in Canada?" Baekhyun asked. Kris nodded.

"My parents live there. They moved there when I was 2 years old. I was born in China." Kris leaned back on the stool. Chanyeol widened his eyes.

"But your Korean is so good! That's amazing!" Chanyeol pointed out. Kris flashed him an actual smile but then it went back to a smirk.

"I'm fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Korean." Kris's smirk died down to a curve of the corners of his lips. Chanyeol almost fell out of his seat, literally. He was going to fall if Kris hadn't caught him in time. Chanyeol blushed as his torso was pulled upright. Kris chuckled a bit. Baekhyun and Tao looked at eachother knowingly.

"How old are you, Kris?" Baekhyun asked.

"Twenty-two."

"Oh! You are only two years older than me!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun shouted at the same time. They looked at eachother and started laughing. Tao grinned and the laughter died down.

"Tao Tao is the youngest." Baekhyun said in a baby voice. Chanyeol started giggling and Kris looked at Chanyeol. He thought he was perfect. Kris didn't think there were any flaws on Chanyeol. Chanyeol's smile was perfect. His face was perfect. His body was perfect. He was perfect.

"Huang Zitao! Byun Baekhyun! What did I say?! Get back to work!" The manager shouted at them.

"Sorry! We'll see you guys later." Baekhyun waved before getting to work. Chanyeol waved back.

"Hey, Chanyeol. Here." Kris handed Chanyeol a folded napkin and then got up from his seat.

"I'll see you soon, Chanyeol." And Kris walked out of the coffee house. Chanyeol opened the napkin and read the contents on it.

To Chanyeol

Kris Wu's number

248-3701

Call me ;)

"BAEKHYUN! I GOT HIS NUMBER!"

-----

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I am now going off to write the second chapter! Until the second chapter!!! (Unless you write on my wall! I love making new friends!! ^-^)