Chapter Ten: Reset

The Chocolate Coffee Cafe

 

A/N: WOAH!!! She updated today?! Yes! I did! It was kind of out of the blue and I was like I'm done so I'm going to update! I hope you guys are happy with this chapter!~ Enjoy my lovely subbies and new readers~~!!!
 
~Chapter Ten~
 
It's been a week since the little 'incident' with Kiran. It's also been a week since the break-up.
 
And Chanyeol was dying.
 
He was going insane. He could barely take it anymore. He thought about Kris all the time; every minute of every day. It killed him whenever he got a call or a text, rushing to it to see if it was Kris, picking it up and looking at it hopefully, only to have it not be his Kris and Chanyeol's face drop. It wasn't natural to feel this way, right? He was the one to break it off with the Chinese-Canadian. Why is he feeling this way afterwards? It doesn't make sense.
 
Maybe he never wanted to break it off.
 
That was it. He still loved Kris. Love. He never told him. He never told Kris that he loved him. Chanyeol put his face in his hands. He was currently mooching-staying-at Baekhyun and Tao's place. And Baekhyun and Tao were out, leaving him to his thoughts. Baekhyun was reluctant to leave Chanyeol's side, but Tao had told him that he would be alright. Chanyeol agreed with Tao and told Baekhyun to get out of the house, but, really, Chanyeol didn't want to be alone. He didn't want his friends to go and leave him alone in their absurdly huge apartment.
 
Chanyeol sighed and got up from his seat in the couch. He walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He saw a broken man. Bags under his eyes that rivaled his best friend's panda-like fiancé, paler than white skin, puffy, red eyes from days of crying, and a sickly thin body from only eating when Baekhyun forced him to eat. His cheeks looked hollow. He put his hands up to them and they didn't feel like his normal cheeks. He didn't feel like himself. He was miserable.
 
He wished he could just press a reset button and everything would turn back to the way they were. Before Chanyeol had even met the infamous Kiran. He could just be with Kris and everything would be okay.
 
But, no. Kiran just had to come and ruin it. Chanyeol hated him, and Chanyeol didn't hate people. Ever. He disliked people, yes, but never to this extent. Never as much as he hated Kiran.
 
Chanyeol snapped out of his trance and realized he was crying again. He didn't even know that he had anymore tears. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. His face contorted in hurt and pain and fresh tears ran down his pale face.
 
Suddenly, he brought his fist up and connected it with the glass of the mirror, shattering it into a million tiny pieces. He almost laughed at how closely it resembled his heart. Instead, he screamed out from the pain of the glass shards stuck in his hand. Chanyeol clutched his right hand and brought it to his chest, falling to his knees and gritting his teeth. New tears from a different type of pain stung his eyes. That pain mixed with his heart pain was too much to bear. Having enough, Chanyeol just let himself go. And he out.
 -----
When Chanyeol woke up, he wasn't on the bathroom floor like before. He was laying in a bed. A fluffy, flipping soft bed. It felt like he was in heaven. He opened his eyes and looked around him. He saw that he was in Baekhyun and Tao's bedroom and there was a Baekhyun attached to the side of the bed, sitting on a chair with his head laying on the bed. He was sleeping. Chanyeol smiled faintly, for the first time that week. He shook Baekhyun's shoulder slightly and Baekhyun fluttered his eyes open, looking up at Chanyeol. He broke out into a smile and touched the hand on his shoulder.
 
"Hey, how are you feeling?" Baekhyun asked his best friend. Chanyeol shrugged and touched his right hand, left hand leaving Baekhyun's shoulder to cascade over it's counterpart.
 
"Fine, I guess. How long was I out for?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun looked at the clock on the wall. It was 1:30 pm, Chanyeol observed.
 
"About twelve hours. I screamed when me and Tao came home and I saw you on the bathroom floor. You gave us a pretty good shock. I was surprised to say the least, but I knew you didn't do anything to drastic so we didn't take you to the hospital. Tao took the glass shards out and bandaged your hand." Baekhyun explained and Chanyeol nodded. Chanyeol felt his hand again, sweeping his thumb over the bandage.
 
"Hey. I was wondering, if you feel up to it, we could visit Suho and D.O.'s house. D.O. has been worried about you nonstop and Suho has been trying to calm him down, but to no avail. They've both been worried and sad about the whole situation." Baekhyun offered his suggestion and Chanyeol didn't see why not. He missed the happy couple terribly and it would be nice to get out of this apartment...
 
"Sure. I miss them too and I don't see why not. When would we go?" Chanyeol was inwardly excited for this little gathering that they would have.
 
"Whenever you feel up to it." Baekhyun answered with a smile.
 
"Well then, let's go now!" Chanyeol exclaimed, beaming as he jumped out of his best friends' bed. It was unlike him in this happy in this past melancholy week of his. But, he just couldn't be more excited to be out of that apartment and to see his friends. So, yes, he was happy.
 
Chanyeol ran into the guest room where he had put his clothes and changed into something a little more presentable than what he was wearing.
 
He was not going to go over Suho and D.O.'s house wearing pajamas.
 
Baekhyun had followed him and chuckled at his excitedness. He watched as Chanyeol fixed his hair in the mirror, combing through it at least one hundred times before just messin it up again. He put a little gel in it and styled it. In the end, he looked way better than how he did this whole week. Baekhyun smiled as Chanyeol turned to him.
 
"How do I look?" Chanyeol asked him and Baekhyun gave him a thumb of approval. Chanyeol smiled and ran down the hall into the living room.
 
Baekhyun, being already dressed from before, looked in the mirror while he was in the guest room. He smiled as his hair sat perfectly styled on his head, even after sleeping face first on the edge on his bed. He walked out of the room and down the hall, eyes meeting Tao, who had magically looked fantastic, and Chanyeol who were putting their shoes on by the front door. Baekhyun joined them as he put on his shoes also and walked out the door with Chanyeol and Tao in tow.
 -----
When Tao, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol pulled up to Suho and D.O.'s house, he admired how big it was. He had never been there and questioned why he hadn't as he got out of the car. He followed his two friends as they walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Suho was the one who opened the door and he had gestured for them to come in, and not so long after Chanyeol had stepped into the house was he hugged for dear life by none other than Suho. D.O. ran up to him too and joined in the hug. Chanyeol hugged them back with as much force as they did him. He really did miss them.
 
As they pulled away, Chanyeol looked around the gigantic house in awe. He felt Suho take his jacket and he himself unconsciously take off his shoes, but it wasn't until he heard Baekhyun gasp that he snapped out of his trance.
 
Chanyeol eyes were met with a sight that he thought he would never get to see again.
 
Kris.
 -----
Chanyeol's breath hitched. He stared wide-eyed at the Chinese-Canadian in front of him. His heart started beating faster, butterflies burst into his stomach, and his breathing got irregular quick.
 
His love. The love of his life, he figured out. Chanyeol never thought he would get to see those perfect brown eyes, that perfectly chiseled face, or those perfectly shaped lips that when upturned at the corners showed the most perfect gummy smile Chanyeol had ever seen. It was like falling in love all over again, seeing him now. Chanyeol could barely bear it.
 
And Chanyeol had a thought; who cares if Kiran resembles Kris? Who cares if in outward appearance Kris and Kiran look alike in ways? No one now, because Chanyeol didn't care anymore. Chanyeol had found a difference in Kris and Kiran that made him get over the fact that they looked alike.
 
Kris had a heart. A beating, working heart that was capable of feeling emotion. Kiran's heart was dark and cursed and dead when he even got the idea of kidnapping Chanyeol. His heart wasn't capable of such things as emotions. His heart wasn't capable of love. And Chanyeol finally saw that.
 
Chanyeol could finally be with Kris without being afraid of getting hurt. He got over the obstacle that was Kiran; he felt as if he could get over any obstacle, now that he would have Kris by his side.
 
Chanyeol's eyes locked eyes with Kris' and he felt happy tears spring from his eyes.
 
And he full-blow ran towards his lost lover. Kris caught him in a hug and squeezed him right against his chest. He felt Kris breath in his scent and he breathed in Kris' scent also. He smiled as tears ran down his cheeks. He missed that smell so much in that past week that they were away from each other.
 
Chanyeol suddenly felt Kris' breath on his ear and shivers were sent down his spine.
 
"Finally." Kris whispered in Chanyeol's ear. That was enough to make Chanyeol beam with overjoyed happiness as Kris leaned down and kissed Chanyeol's pink lips with as much love and need as Chanyeol felt for him.
 -----
A/N: Yay! No more angst! I don't handle angst very well... :/ lol ANYWAY!!! Did you guys enjoy? I hope so! I also have a question for you guys! Have any of you watched or are currently watching BBC's Sherlock? It's totally not asian or related to asians in anyway but i just have to fangirl. OMFG IT'S FANTASTIC!!! I can't!!! The feels~~ If you haven't watched it yet, watch it!!! Whatever you do, watch it! And if you have watched it, did you think it was amazing? Tell me about it in the comments!~ I will see you guys in the next installment of TCCC!!! Until next chapter!!~ :D