Chapter 10

KyuWook - I hate everything about you

 

That day ended way too soon, I thought, as Cho was driving us back home. In the end, I had enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. More than I thought I could.

 

I frowned when I saw that Cho wasn’t exactly driving us home, leaving the highway a few exits sooner.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, what are you doing?”

 

He looked at me briefly before concentrating on driving again.

 

“I thought you might like restaurant to conclude this day.”

 

As soon as he said that, I smiled.

 

“Restaurant! It’s been a while since the last time I ate restaurant food.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, I used to go with my parents, but they’re never home, so…”

 

He nodded softly. I knew he couldn’t understand what it was to live like I did, but he could at least imagine it. Especially since he was so bad at cooking.

 

“Well, let’s go to the restaurant every week then!” he smiled.

 

“What? Every WEEK?!” I repeated. “But it’s going to be expens…”

 

I shut up before finishing. I had noticed during the day that he didn’t mind expensive stuff, as long as it was for me. And I didn’t want to hear him tell me he liked again, so…

 

“But I l…” he started, knowing the reason why I had stopped.

 

“Well, I don’t”, I cut him. “And friends don’t…”

 

“… pay expensive stuff for the other person. But I love you, so it’s okay.”

 

I pouted. He had managed to say it, in the end. He laughed softly, happy that he had won, and parked the car in the lot of the Saint-Hubert Restaurant.

 

“I hope you like chicken”, he said before getting out of the car.

 

“It’s okay, I like chicken.”

 

He nodded.

 

“Good.”

 

It didn’t take long before we were comfortably seated in a quiet spot of the restaurant. The waiter that arrived to take our orders was quite cute, and I discreetly looked at his behind when he left to get our drinks. I could see Cho’s jealous eyes and I smiled widely.

 

“What?” I asked when I turned to face him again.

 

“You like that stranger but not me?”

 

“I was just admiring his .”

 

“I’ll let you admire mine anytime if you want to” he pouted.

 

“No thanks” I laughed softly. “Hey, thanks for today.”

 

“It was no problem. Did you enjoy it?”

 

“Yep. Though I would’ve enjoyed it more if you hadn’t bought so many expensive clothes for me.”

 

“But saranghae, so it’s no problem.”

 

I couldn’t help but smile this time.

 

“Why are you saying it in Korean?”

 

“Because I felt like it. Would you prefer ‘wo ai ni’? Or ‘ai eru’? I won’t say it in French or in English, people will understand for sure. Though, it doesn’t matter. I love you and I totally assume it. Because je t’aime.”

 

I stayed silent for a minute, thinking deeply about what he had said.

 

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun… are you really serious about this? That day when I caught cold, you also told me that you like me in different languages… but I thought you were saying it to make me react. And that’s what you told your gang too.”

 

“I couldn’t tell them that I’m in love with you, of course. I would’ve become a bullied one too. Hey, I’m sorry, I know I was horrible with you.”

 

“You still are, buying expensive stuff though I told you not to.”

 

He smiled widely.

 

“But I love you, and I’m serious about it, so I don’t mind.”

 

I sighed softly.

 

“Maybe, but… I can’t love you back. Not after what you did to me.”

 

His smile faded away slowly.

 

“I’m very, very sorry. I hope you’ll forgive me someday.”

 

The waiter came back with our drinks, making me escape the difficult task of replying to what Cho had just said. I knew he was sincere when he said he loved me. I knew he was also sincere when he said he hoped I would forgive him. And I knew he was totally sincere when he apologized for what he had done to me. But I couldn’t forgive him just like that. Not after what he had done to me. Not after hating everything about him for five years.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, as promised, another chapter right after I wake up xD More coming tonight ;)