Freaky Funny Friday

Lost & Found

 

It was Friday which means...

 

“Drama night!” I said enthusiastically.

 

Drama night means sleepover in either Krystal’s or my house and all we do is watch dramas all night while 
eating ice cream, popcorn and cookies. This is the only time where Krystal does not watch out for her weight. 

 

Krystal laughed on the other line of the phone but i can sense that it was a bit forced. I frowned and 
asked, “What’s wrong?” 

 

“Uh...” she began.

 

“You can’t do the drama night, can you? Why? The new Kim Soohyun drama that I ordered online just came.”
 I feel frustrated and disappointed that I do the drama night alone but I’d understand if her reason is valid. Even her 
chicken pox didn’t stop her from coming over two years ago. 

 

“It’s just that...”

 

“That?” I urged on.

 

“Fine,” she said indignantly. “I have a date with Taemin. 

 

“Oh. I almost forgot.”

 

I knew I told, meaning forced, Taemin to date Krystal but everyday when I think about it, I feel really guilty. I think I want 
Taemin to ask Krytsal out not because I forced him to but because he genuinely likes her. Besides, I don’t know whether 
Krystal would be pissed or happy when she finds out. Maybe I should tell Krystal about my arrangement with arrangement. 

 

“So,” I said. “Uhm, I have something to tell you.”

 

“Yeah, what is it?” she asked, as if I was just going to tell her something not that important. 

 

I was trying to summon the courage when somebody knocked on my door. Maybe that’s an omen that it’s not time to 
tell Krystal yet. Besides, Krystal might not like the way Taemin eats or his taste in food. I patted myself mentally. 

 

“Uhm, you’ll do great,” I said while smiling. 

 

“Thanks. Gotta go.” 

 

We both hung up as another knock sounded again. I tossed the phone on my bed and opened the door only to be 
greeted with Myungsoo’s smirk. 

 

“Who were you talking to?” he asked while leaning on the door frame. 

 

“None of your business.” I proceed to slam the door in his face but he caught it before it completely closes.

 

I sigh in exasperation. “What do you want Myungsoo?”

 

“Nothing really.” Then his hands were on my waist and he lifted me off and put off the side so he can enter my room.
 I was too shocked to say something. 

 

“So this is your room...” he said, eyes roaming around my room. He walked towards my bed and laid on it. 

 

My eyes bulged. What the hell?! Hadn’t his parents ever taught him about manners or something?! Seriously.  

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!” I approached the bed and tried to roll him off my bed. “Get off my bed!”

 

He laughed at me while not trying to move off the bed at all. I was about to yell at him some more when his eyes 
softened and he stopped laughing and in one swift move, he had my back on the bed with him on top of me. 

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” I meant to shout it but it came out as a whisper. 

 

Both of us were looking at each other’s eyes. Time slowed down. His face was slowly inching towards mine.
 We were both so close we could feel each other’s breaths. A hair fell off to his forehead. I reached out and was about to
 put it back in place when...

 

Ring!

 

I scrambled to get my phone where as Myungsoo took his time getting up. I closed my eyes in embarrassment and gritted
 my teeth in frustration. I clicked answer on my phone without looking at the caller. 

 

“Hello?” I asked the other line. 

 

“Hey. This is a total emergency,” Krystal said on the other line. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes, she exaggerate things. 

 

“What? You can’t choose between your pink heels and purple flats?” I said sarcastically. 

 

“Yes, actually. How did you know?” Krystal said, completely oblivious to my sarcasm. 

“Nothing. Your pink heels makes you look taller. Wear that, bye,” I said  and hung up the phone. I threw it again on the bed. 

 

“You don’t have to be mean to your best best friend, Jinri,” Myungsoo said. He is now sitting on my desk table. 
His  is under a messy pile of paper. 

 

“What do you want Myungsoo?” I asked. Our eyes met and I immediately looked away, remembering the embarrassment
 earlier. Jeez, I was about to kiss him.    

 

He picked one paper from the desk and looked at it. 

 

“Give me that.” I tore it away from his grip and threw the paper on the trash can. 

 

He stood up and said, “I just want you to know that I’ll be having some friends over.”

 

I was about to argue when he continued.

 

“Don’t worry, just my band mates. We’re just going to plan our first gig and stuff,” he said while almost looking shy.

 

“Did you tell Mom? And you already have a band?” I asked. “You just got here. ” 

 

“Yeah,” he said while putting his hands on his jean pockets. “I mean, what can I say? I’m popular.” 

 

Then he turned away and slam the door shut. Jerk. 

 

- - -

 

Two hours later, I was halfway into the third episode of the tv show I was watching when my stomach rumbled. 
I plugged off my earphones and closed my laptop. 

 

I was almost on the bottom step of the stairs when I heard male voices. I almost forgot about Myungsoo’s 
friends coming over. Ugh. I quietly made my way to the kitchen, hoping they wouldn’t notice me. 

 

I slowly opened the refrigerator to find something microwavable. My eyes lit up when I spotted frozen pizza. 
I rubbed my hands together in anticipation. 

 

“Perfect,” I whispered. 

 

I took the plate with the frozen pizza out and was about to put it inside the microwave oven when a person 
I don’t recognize stepped inside the kitchen.

 

Of course, I screamed! Of course, the person looked startled! Of course, I lost my hold of the plate! Of course, 
the plate broke down into pieces. Of course, I hurriedly took a knife out of it’s usual place and pointed it at the stranger.  

 

“Who are you?” I asked the stranger, who is now as pale as sheet. 

 

He said something I cannot hear so I stepped forward and asked, “What?” 

 

He was about to reply when Myungsoo stepped on the kitchen and looked from me to my knife to the stranger. 

 

“What are you doing?” he asked with both eyebrows raised and to my dismay, he actually looked amused.

 

“What are you doing? Call the police!” I said. 

 

Myungsoo laughed. He dared to laugh? 

 

“Yah! Stop laughing and call the police!” I shouted. 

 

As if it’s possible, he laughed some more. Seriously. What the hell?!

 

“Myungsoo, help me,” the stranger said. 

 

“Wait...”I said, my tone a bit softer now, “You know him?” 

 

The stranger nodded. “I’m one of his band mates, the drummer.” 

 

“Oh,” I said, trying to mask my embarrassment. “Uhm, why didn’t you say so!” I laughed a bit forcibly. 

 

Myungsoo stopped laughing now but he was grinning so wide I want to slap it off his face. “That’s because
 you didn’t let him.” 

 

I glared at him. “Whatever. Now my dinner’s gone and I broke a plate but it’s fine, I’m just going to clean it
 then finish watching the drama then go to bed. That’s completely fine.” 

 

I moved past Myungsoo and the stranger to get the broom when a hand grabbed my arm. Myungsoo made 
me faced him and said, “Don’t worry about the plate, I’ll clean it.” 

 

I looked at him in surprise. “You? I can’t imagine you with a broom.”

 

He smiled at said, “I also ordered dinner for you, McDonalds, your favorite, right?”

I laughed. “Yeah.” 

 

Myungsoo was abut to move and without thinking, I hugged him. 

 

“Thank you,” I whispered. 

 

Before he could do anything, I stepped away from him.    

 

 

AUTHOR's note: Hey guys. it has been so long since I updated. I hope this chapter would satisfy you all!
I would like to thank you subbies who remained loyal even though I wasn't updating very much. I'll try to
update again after a few days guys!!