Kim Myungsoo

Lost & Found

 

Chapter III

~*~

I opened the door and sighed. My mom was working overtime. Again, which means I have to cook my own dinner. My dad worked overseas – his task requires traveling a lot so I don’t know where he is right now. Although busy, he calls regularly to check up on me and my mom. Sometimes, I could hear them arguing over some stuff but they would make out pretty quickly. Most of the time, they would argue about how my mom should quit her job and my mom would say that she doesn’t want to because she loves her job and she wants to be recognized as an independent woman, not someone who relies on her husband’s profit. “Besides,” my mom reasoned out, “Sulli had always wanted to go to Harvard. You know how much it costs to study there.” The next thing I knew, I’d be sleeping heavily.

I went straight to my bedroom to change clothes. I placed my bag beside the desk that is cramped with books and papers. I have always wanted to write but I don’t get to finish anything because I always run out of ideas. My bedroom is painted with white (my mom suggested to paint it pink because that’s what most girls do, but unlike most girls, I have a certain distaste of the color). Framed pictures (which mainly composed of me, my family and Krystal) and paintings and a window with yellow curtains decorated the walls.

I went downstairs to cook dinner. After minutes of rummaging through the cabinets and the refrigerator, I found a pack of ramen that was easy enough to cook without the risk of burning it. While waiting for the water to boil, I realized that the house is so quiet that I could almost hear the breathing of my neighbor whose house is located a couple miles away. I put my iPod in speakers and turned the volume loudly. But still, everything was so quiet; this just proved on how isolated I am to the world.

While eating the ramen quietly, the telephone rang. I looked at the clock that says 8:58PM. Who would be calling the house? My dad? No, he just called last night, saying that he’ll be really busy tomorrow. Krystal? Make sense, she would be gushing to me about Taemin who probably have already asked her out due to my order. I sighed as I picked it up.

“Good evening. Can I do something for you?” I asked politely, I may be reckless at times but my mom also taught me manners.

“Honey,” someone said on the other line followed by a sigh of relief which surprised and confused me.

“Mom? Why did you call? Are you alright? Oh my-”

“No, no, no, I’m fine,” my mom reassured me, “It’s just that I’ll be late today.”

“No surprise there,” I muttered.

“I’m working overtime tonight,” my mom continued despite my sarcastic response.

“Also not a surprise.”

“Sulli, I want you to cook dinner for my friend’s son. He’ll be living with us until the end of the school year. You know, he’ll be studying her, at your school-”

“Wait. What?” This is all coming so fast. First of all, my dinner is ramen so if my mom’s friend’s son wanted to live with us, he must endure eating it. Second, the whole school year? What? And until the end of school year? Are you kidding me? And lastly is WHAT? At my school? Well, whoever he is, he must pretend not to know me.

“I said that-”

“Okay, mom. You got me; this was all a prank to make me realize how important a house is-”

“Sulli,” my mom let out a frustrated sigh and her voice became stern, “that is not the point. He’s living with us. He’s going to your school. You are cooking him dinner tonight. AND THAT IS FINAL.”

“Why would he study here? And where is he from, anyway? And who the hell is he?”

My mom sighed again and I swear I heard some face palm out there. “He’s from America, but don’t worry, he also speaks fluent Korean. He’ll be studying high school here because his parents divorced and he’s crestfallen and turned rebellious and became the resident bad boy, he asked his mom to take him to Korea but his mom can’t because she has a contract in the company she worked for but she let him go and asked me if I could take care of him instead. I agreed because we have a spare room and she’s my best friend. Anyway, her son’s name is Kim Myungsoo.”  

Wow. It seemed that my mom didn’t even stop to breathe. I fell silent.

“Sulli? You there?”

“Yep. Okay, but I only know how to cook ramen,” I said, embarrassed.

“Then order some take-out.”

---

After ordering a bunch of food from McDonalds, I settled myself on the couch to watch television. Normally, after eating, I would have went straight to my room and study but there are no exams tomorrow and my teachers are busy preparing an event that welcomes new students since the first quarter of the school year have just started two weeks ago. I was flipping from channel to channel and settled on MBC since my favorite drama was airing. Kim Soohyun was showing on the television when there was a knock on the door.

Damn. Can’t the delivery guy wait?

 I harshly opened the door while at the same time, preparing to snap at the guy but I didn’t. Because it wasn’t the delivery guy on the other side of the door.

---

“Are you Kim Myungsoo?” I coldly asked while crossing my hand over my chest. He may not be the delivery guy but he still disturbed my moment with Kim Soohyun, err, I mean with the television.

The guy cocked his head on one side before answering, “Yes.”

It was Kim Myungsoo. I just can tell from the looks of it and from the way my mom described him.  He became the resident bad boy. And well, he looks very good but with bad-boy appeal with his dark coat, messily-styled dark hair and handsome face that is etched with high cheekbones and strong jaw.

“Are you going to let me in?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

I unblocked my body from the door and grunted inhospitably, “Come in.”

 He grinned and went past me with his luggage and guitar in tow before whispering closely to my ear, "I'm hungry."

 


Author's Note: Hey there. So I already updated after a very long time and Myungsoo is finally introduced. Yeheyy. I hope you like this chapter and please don't forget to leave a comment (I accept critizations). Also, my mind hasn't made up on who's going to be with who so the pairings aren't final but that doesn't mean that you should not support you favorite couple. If you some questions or clarifications, feel free to ask me. I won't bite. 

For my subscribers, I love you guys for being patient with me! ♥