Happy For You

Lost & Found

After finishing breakfast, I checked my phone for messages. I opened Krystal's message that said: 

From: Jung Krystal 
To: Choi Sulli 

Hey, guess who texted me last night?
You got that right! Lee Taemin.
Omo omo omo What should I do?
Should I wear my hair up or down? 
What if he likes it if my hair is down? 
Text back ASAP. I need help. 

 

I rolled my eyes at Krystal's text. She overreact sometimes it's ridiculous. I wanted to tell her something sarcastic and witty and realized she wouldn't appreciate that. I decided to be the supportive best friend and texted back. 

From:Choi Sulli
To: Jung Krystal

You're beautiful no matter how you do your hair. 
And who cares what Lee Taemin thinks? I'm sure
he'll like your hair.  

I closed my phone and put it inside my bag. I checked if all of my belongings were there on the inside before calling out to my mother,who was currently eating her burned bacon, "I gotta go to school." She raised her head and said, "What about Myungsoo?" 

I shrugged as she mentioned the guy who was now taking a shower and said, "You can drive him there."

I felt my phone vibrate from my bag which meant I have a new message. It must be Krystal asking if she should wear a blue ribbon or a yellow one or the drama club president scolding me for being five seconds late. I volunteered to help the drama club for their preparations in an upcoming play - it's a win-win situation, they get my help and I get points for my extracurricular activities. 

My mother looked up to the clock, frowned and said, "But it's too early for school."

"It's alright, I need to help the drama club. And tell Myungsoo to pretend he doesn't know me," I said. I hurriedly kissed her cheek and ran at the door before my mother could complain.   

I was two blocks away from school when I saw a familiar figure walking ahead of me. I ran and purposely bumped my arm with his. He was surprised at the attack and scowled at me. 

"Gee, thanks," Taemin said sarcastically. He dusted off invisible dirt away from his arm. 

"So when are you asking Krystal?" I asked.

For a second he looked confused and realization dawned on him. I can tell he wanted the ground to swallow him up.

"I'm asking her today," he said silently.

I didn't say anything after that. To be honest, I also dreaded the idea of him and Krystal being in a relationship. I almost told him that the deal is off but then I remembered Krystal's happy face when she talked about Taemin. How she'd been pinning for him for how many years and she probably wanted this more than she wanted to go to Harvard. I sighed.

We stopped in front of the school and bid silent good-byes to each other. I went towards the auditorium where the drama club members were and he went the other way. As I predicted, the president scolded me for being late, saying something like 'we cannot tolerate this kind of behavior in our team of perfectly punctual students.' I rolled my eyes. I wanted to tell him I offered my help, he should be thankful. I set my bag down an empty chair and took out a paint brush. I approached a girl with nice hair who was painting a box with green. 

"Can I help?" I asked. 

She looked up and smiled. "Of course." 

"I'm Sulli, by the way," I said. 

"I'm Jiyeon." 

We worked quietly for about twenty minutes. We were preparing to dry the box when the door suddenly burst open. I almost jumped out of shock and fear. And scowled when I saw Myungsoo standing by the door. Everybody seemed to stop working and stared at him. He began looking around and locked his eyes on mine. He began walking walking towards me. I thought I told my mother to tell him to pretend not to know me? 

"What do you want?" I asked when he stopped right in front of me. I glared at him and he smirked. Ugh, the nerve! 

"You forgot your lunch. Here," he said as he held out my lunch box full of pink flowers. I almost flushed in embarrassment.

"That all?" I asked. I pulled the lunch box away from him harshly.

"Yes," he said and walked away. I sighed in relief.

"Who was that?" Jiyeon asked. Everybody's eyes transferred to me from the door where Myungsoo just got out of.

"He's Myungsoo, new student from America," I replied lamely.

"How did he know you?" she prodded further.

"He's a family friend," I said, not revealing the fact that he lived with me. Besides, what I said was the truth.

"Do you like him?" she asked.

"Excuse me?" I said incredulously.

She didn't even blink an eye. "Do you like him? Are you dating?"

"No! Of course not!" My response was immediate.

She shrugged and I got my bag and went towards my first class. I saw Krystal sitting on her chair I went towards her and her face brightened up, as bright as her yellow ribbon. I rolled my eyes. She didn't even let me settled down, she hurriedly grabbed my shoulders and gave a me a hug. My heart welled at her happiness. I knew what she was gonna say. 

"Taemin asked me out," she squealed. She began jumping around and babbled, "He asked me out and he said that...."

I didn't listen but tears began to form on my eye. She noticed and stop talking. Concern etched her face.

"What is it?"

"I'm just so happy for you," I said and it's the truth. My voice cracked and I realized that some of our classmates was watching us. I hugged her again and said, "You finally got what you wanted the most."    


Author's Note: So......finally. It's been so long since I updated this and well...I hope you like this. 
I love you all!