Bang Yongguk - M.I.A

How to become an Ulzzang

 

 6 Weeks have passed since Yongguk started being an Ulzzang, and lately, he’s changed.
Himchan looked at the time as he lay on the couch at home. “3am…”
He reached for his cellphone, and looked for any messages. Yongguk has been arriving home during the early hours of the morning, if not extremely drunk, then not at all.  It seems as though Himchan is the one looking after him, rather than the other way round.

 

Himchan sighed as he reached for his crutches and slowly sat up. Just as he was about to move to his room, the door burst open. Yongguk fell down onto the floor with a woman laughing behind him.  The random lady looked at Himchan and stopped.
“Oh, Himchan-ah. You’re still awake!” Yongguk’s words slurred as he got back up onto his feet. He grabbed the side of the door with his hand and French kissed the woman who was standing outside. “Let me stay the night, honey” said the woman seductively.  Yongguk laughed and shook his head. “Sorry sweetness. Maybe next time aye”
The woman laughed then pulled Yongguk into her by his shirt. They began kissing again, and Himchan watched with disgust.

Yongguk closed the door, and then looked at Himchan. “Himchannie~ what is that look for~”
“Nothing, I’m going to bed.”
Yongguk watched as Himchan limped his way to his room. Yongguk followed and took his jersey off. Himchan closed the bedroom door behind him, and slowly climbed into bed. As he lifted his casted leg under the covers, Yongguk walked in with nothing but his sweat pants and a singlet. “Yah, what are you doing?”
Yongguk smiled “I’m going to bed”
“But, your room is down the hall”
Yongguk said nothing, and just climbed into bed. “Aah~ nice and warm”

Himchan began to feel embarrassed. Yongguk to his side and put his arm around the younger man. “Y..Yongguk ah”
Yongguk smelt of alcohol and perfume. His breath was completely unbearable.
Himchan scrunched his nose as he moved Yongguk’s arm slowly off him.

“Please, let me put my arms around you”

Himchan quickly sat up “Excuse me?!”

Yongguk said nothing, again. He raised his hand on to Himchan’s shoulder and pulled him down. He whispered into Himchan’s ear, with his smelly drunk breath, “I love you Himchan.”

 

Those words surprised the broken legged Ulzzang. He tried to sit back up again, but was held down by Yongguk’s strong force. “Himchan…”
“What?”
“Be my boyfriend”
Himchan just looked at Yongguk, and by the moonlight that shone through the window of his room, he could see the twinkling of Yongguk’s eyes that were staring back at him. Himchan didn’t say anything, and just assumed that it was the alcohol talking.
Suddenly, he could feel fingers running through his hair “Your hair is so soft” muttered Yongguk.  Yongguk’s hand moved to the back of Himchan’s head, and he slowly began to move it closer to his. Himchan gulped before feeling the warmth of Yongguk’s lips against his. With his hand still holding onto Himchan’s head, he moved it down to his chest. Himchan could feel the beating of Yongguk’s heart against his ears. “Sleep well Himchan-ah”

It was 10am, and the air in Seoul was cold. Mist surrounded the tall buildings, and cars were bustling past each other. Yongguk arose with a pounding headache. He looked around the room, then down at the bed. He saw that the covers were pulled over. Yongguk immediately thought that he had brought a girl home. He got out of bed, and walked down the hallway, then into the kitchen.  He saw Himchan frying something in the pan. “Hey, you shouldn’t be standing,” muttered Yongguk. Himchan looked at Yongguk, then took his plate, and awkwardly walked past. When Himchan sat at the table, Yongguk followed. “I’m sorry,” he said.

“For what?” asked Himchan
“Bringing someone home.”
Himchan looked at Yongguk with a confused look. “You mean the one who you told to go when you got home last night?”
Now Yongguk was the one with a confused look. “She went home? Then who was…”
“Me” interrupted Himchan
Yongguk scrunched his eyebrows. “Don’t worry, nothing major happened. You just walked in, fell into the bed and went straight to sleep.”

Himchan heard a sigh of relief. “You have a day off today. Are you going to practice your performance?”
“Performance for what?”

“That big audition you were so keen on doing a couple weeks back”
“Oh, that. No. I decided I’m not going to do it anymore. What’s the point when I’m already an Ulzzang? Besides, I’m going to meet some friends today.”
“What? What about all that talk about you being ‘the most respected rapper in Korea?”

Yongguk laughed “That dream died ages ago”
Himchan looked at Yongguk with disappointment “Well, what time are you meeting your friends?”
“Around lunch time, why?”
“I have my doctor’s appointment at 2. Last week you said that you’d take me.”
“Oh, right.”
“…You are going to take me right?”
“Don’t worry" Yongguk smied as he placed his hand on Himchan's cheek.  For a moment they gazed in each other's eyes. Yongguk looked at the time on the microwave. 
"I better start getting ready”
And with that, Yongguk walked down the hall and into the bathroom, then closed the door behind him.

After his shower, Yongguk had gotten dressed and had something to eat. He looked at the time “11:40” he said. 
He put his bowl in the kitchen and walked to the door. “I’m going now Himchan!”
“Don’t forget to pick me up at 2! And don’t be late, it looks like it’s going to rain!”
Yongguk had already closed the door behind him before Himchan could finish.

Yongguk arrived at his friend’s house. He got out of the car and walked through the big gate that leads to the house entrance. The door opened, and Yongguk was welcomed by Taejun.
“Taejun-ah, I brought lunch” said Yongguk with his deep voice
Yongguk followed Taejun to the lounge where one more friend was sitting.
“Yongguk, what do you want to drink?”
“I’m going to have to pass. I gotta pick up Himchan at 2”
“Come on Yongguk, just one won’t hurt”
Yongguk looked at the bottle of alcohol being held by Taejun and his lips
“Fine, but just one”

 

Raindrops fell like hailstones as Yongguk woke up many hours later. The sky outside was dark, and seemed cold. Yongguk looked around, and saw Taejun lying on the lap of his friend while still holding on to the now empty vodka bottle.
Yongguk pushed himself off the ground and stood with a slight lean. He heard his phone ringing, and walked over to it. He missed the call, but as he looked at the time, he suddenly realized that he had forgotten to pick up Himchan. He looked at his phone again:
8 missed phone calls:
Himchan

He grabbed the car keys, ran out the door and drove straight to the apartment. When he arrived, he slammed the door open. As he scanned the room, searching for Himchan, he the lights. “Himchan! HIMCHAN! Are you home?!”
He heard a thump come from the front door behind him. Yongguk turned around without hesitation, and saw Himchan standing in the doorway, soaking wet.
“Himchan, I’m so sor-“
Himchan interrupted him as he limped in the door and sat on the couch.
“Leave” said Himchan as he stared at Yongguk
“Please, let me explain-“
“NO! You promised you’d be here at 2! What time is it? 8! I waited so long for you! But, when you wouldn’t answer, I had no choice but to go all the way to the other side of the city by myself with this stupid broken leg! Do you know how hard it is?!”

“Himchan please”
“Just leave…”
Yongguk looked at the ground, and began walking towards the door.
As he put his hand on the doorknob, he turned “Himchan”
“Go! LEAVE! NOW! “ Himchan threw a pillow at Yongguk as he walked out.

Yongguk looked at the closed door. He slowly walked backwards till his back touched the wall opposite the dorm door. He slid down the wall and onto the floor. “How could I be so stupid!” thought Yongguk as he closed his eyes.
“Where am I supposed to go?”