The Park

How to become an Ulzzang

 

 

"That's a wrap!" shouted the photographer as Himchan finished his last pose for 'Cute Girl' magazine. He was four hours into his daily schedule. But what was four hours, felt like a whole day. He bowed to the photo shoot crew before grabbing his cellphone, jacket and iPod from the long table on his way to the exit. There at the door, stood 2 security guards. One of the security guards opened the door as Himchan approached. 
He took one step out the door, and a whole crowd of fans shouted at the top of their lungs.

He took another step forward, then another. Half way to the car, the fans began to shout a chant: "God like Himchan!! Beautiful Himchan!! 
We love you!! 
Hearing the fans chant made him sick to his stomach. What once was a beautiful melody, turned into a sound that rang in his ears every hour, every minute, and every second.  
He reached the car, and the security guard opened the door. Before entering, he looked up and out to the fans. He gave a fake smile and wave, something he is forced to do everyday, and entered his car. 

He sat in the vehicle for a while; hands on the steering wheel. His phone began to ring.
He looked at it for a mere second before throwing it to the back seat. His voicemail played, and the voice of his manager came out of the speaker: Himchan-ah! Kim Himchan! Where are you! What are you doing? You’re late for your next photo shoot!! Call me, NOW! 
He ignored his manager's whiny voice, and started the car. He looked out the window to his left, and saw crazy, screaming fans. 

Before any of them could get hold of his car; he raced off down the street. His phone began to ring again, but ignored it. 

As Himchan drove, he didn't feel like himself. He made a turn, and came up to a quiet park. He got out and started walking. 
 He was quite familiar with the park, as that was the place he went to get away from all the commotion of fans and a busy schedule. As he walked, he heard the sound of a woman's laugh. He turned, and saw a young couple sitting on a park bench kissing. 
While seeing the couple kiss; he felt a strange emptiness in his heart. Himchan let out a sigh and went in to a daze. He tried to remember the last time he had a girlfriend, but couldn't. It seemed like such a long time ago to him. 

As Himchan was in his daze, he heard faint ringing sounds slowly become louder. He thought it was his phone, so he decided to ignore it. He continued in is daze; he was suddenly knocked to the ground. 
He opened his eyes, and sat up. He rubbed his head as it was pounding. He felt his right leg throb, and as he looked down at it, he screeched. His leg was all crooked and deformed. He saw a shadow creep over his leg, and when he looked up, he saw a boy wearing a pizza parlor hat. Himchan blinked as his vision began to slowly fade. Himchan watched the pizza boy talk, but as words came out of the pizza boy's lips, they turned to mumbled sounds. Himchan blinked one more time before completely blacking out.