Chapter 8

Mistakes Cannot Be Undone

Narrator's POV

Ahra rubbed her hands together one last time as she followed Luhan through the apartment building.

Luhan pressed the up button for the elevator, tapping his foot impatiently.

The elevator came in a matter of seconds. It dinged open and its silver door slid to the side.

Luhan motioned for Ahra, who was awkwardly shifting from foot to foot, to board it with him.

Once inside, he pressed the round silver circle with the number 8 carved in it. The elevator kicked into action immediately.

The ride up to the 8th floor was silent and awkward.

Neither of the two spoke, Ahra because she still didn't want to talk with Luhan and Luhan because he didn't know what to say.

The screen above the elevator door kept increasing with each passing silent second and finally stopped when it reached the 8th floor.

The elevator came to an abrupt halt, throwing both Ahra and Luhan forward. They bonked heads with each other and awkwardly smiled apologetically.

"Sorry." Luhan mumbled and quickly led the way out and into a spacious hallway.

He stopped right next to a door marked '801' and took out a key card and swiped it across. The light on the door's handle turned green and Luhan pushed it open. 

"Welcome to my apartment." He quietly murmured to Ahra.

 

"AISH! PICK UP GODDAMMIT!" Ahra threw her phone down on the couch and grumpily sitting down with a huff.

"What happened?" Luhan chuckled, handing a cup of hot chocolate to Ahra.

"None of your business." She snapped, glaring at her unresponsive phone.

"Hey, we're friends now. Tell me!"

"No."

"Tell me!"

"No."

"Fine, fine. I won't give you a ride to practice." Luhan stuck his tongue out.

Ahra sat upright and her face turned pale.

"I caught your attention~" Luhan sang, clearly enjoying Ahra's mental conflict.

"Fine. I'll tell you what's the problem."

Luhan leaned forward in anticipation.

"You." Ahra pushed his forehead before getting back up on her feet.

"Let's go I can't be late for practice and neither should you."

Luhan glared holes into Ahra's back but got his car keys anyways.

 

Miyoung hummed a few broken tunes as she washed the cup that Yoonjo used. 

They were all SM songs that she forgot the melody to.

It wasn't because she didn't like them, she just wasn't as into them as her dad. 

The phone ringing snapped her out of her thoughts and Miyoung almost dropped the cup.  

"Yes?" She asked, balancing the phone in between her shoulder and her ear.

"Your father wants you." The receptionist from the SM building said. 

"Couldn't you tell him that I still needed to unpack or anything?" 

"He wants you. Now." The receptionist repeated, a stricter tone rooting into her voice.

"Alright, alright. Fine." 

Miyoung hung up and grabbed her jacket and keys before seeing a SM pass on her couch. She looked at the name once before she stuffed it in her pocket and quickly left her still empty apartment. 

 

"Where's my pass? Where's my pass? Where's my pass?" Yoonjo rummaged through her pockets, her bag, everything.

That's it. Her pass was missing.

"How can I be so stupid and misplace it?" She fretted. 

Her phone lit up for another missed call from Ahra but at this moment, she didn't care. She was standing drenched from head to toe in rain in front of the SM building. 

Yoonjo had a feeling she looked really pitiful at the moment. 

 

Miyoung climbed the steps to the SM building, hurrying under the overhang. 

She rummaged through her pocket for her own pass. Her fingers curled around plastic and she took it out. 

'Shin Yoonjo.' 

Miyoung groaned, not wanting to use a pass that wasn't hers.

She glanced at the front doors where there was no safety from the rain and was surprised when she saw a girl standing under it. 

She darted out from the dry area to make her way to the girl. 

 

"Yoonjo!" A female's voice called out her name. 

Yoonjo swiftly turned around to find Miyoung waving something in her hand. 

"Is that my pass?" Yoonjo cupped her hands around and called out. 

She made out a slight nod and she gestured for Miyoung to come over.

Miyoung's hair was straightened and wet from the pounding rain but she still glowed and Yoonjo envied that. 

"What are you doing here anyways?" She shook her own wet hair from her face and gratefully took the pass from Miyoung.

"I had a few matters and you were conveniently here." Miyoung laughed.

"I thought I lost my pass forever!" Yoonjo groaned and swiped the card over the door handle's censor.

The door let out a small beep and the two walked into the warm, not to mention dry, building.

"Miyoung-ah! Your father is waiting! HURRY!" The receptionist bustles up to Miyoung and pulls the girl away, leaving a baffled Yoonjo in the lobby area.

She scratched her head in wonder before making her way to a practice room.

 

"Sir, your daughter's here." The receptionist knocked on the top floor's office door. 

"Bring her in." A man spun around in his chair. 

"Hello, father." Miyoung hesitantly greeted.

"You're late. I heard you landed yesterday or something like that." The man seriously gazed at his daughter. 

"Surprise?" She mumbled, dreading the lecture she would probably get.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: 

Hihihi! iamawesomeness here!

Exosaranghaee has some issues at the moment so I'm filling in for her ^^ Sorry for the late and short update >< I was busy with all the Christmas stuff and all so I had no time to update at all but I didn't want any of you waiting.

I hope you like the update and the incredibly creative title.

And for Exosaranghaee's sake, if you haven't already subscribed, do it now! Comments are very greatly appreciated!