The Tutor

Ice Princess

 

“Normally, I am oblivious to my surroundings. I don’t care what others do or what they think of me. Maybe that is the reason why they called me the Ice Princess but they wouldn’t start calling me that if it wasn’t for him. Damn him but I guess it is a blessing in a way because no one would try to mess with me anymore. *looks at the time* Yes! I made it on time! *looks around* Hmm...Where to sit? *she someone waving at the back of the room* Ah! There they are.” She made her way towards at the back of the classroom. “Hi guys! Thank you for saving me a seat. *smiles*” “No problem”, Minzy answered. “Look Dara! The ice princess is smiling! It’s fishy. ”, Bom chimed in. “Oh! You’re right! Maybe something happened along the way? She’s never late but today she is and it is on the first day of our class. *smiles*”, Dara added. *Chaerin glares at the two girls teasing her* “Now, that’s the ice princess we know!”, Dara laughed. “The ice princess is back!” , Bom added. *Chaerin sat beside Minzy still glaring at the two but eventually stops and smiled* “I am thankful that I really have good friends. They brought back the warmth in me.” Chaerin was arranging her things so that she would feel comfortable later when the lecture starts when she heard a loud banging of the door announcing a person’s arrival. When she looked up to see who that was she just went cold with annoyance and stared at him for ten seconds and then turned back to her business. “Damn. He’s my classmate?”  She could hear his footsteps as he was going his way to seat at the back. She felt that someone was staring intently at her and when she looked up she could see a pair of eyes judging her face intently but suddenly a loud banging of the door caught her attention again and also caught his attention. “Thank God, the professor is already here. I really can’t stand him. How dare he to look at me like that? I want to put icicles on his throat. *she stopped when she noticed what she had just thought and then smiled* I am really the ice princess after all.”

 

*The lecture went for an hour and half and when they heard the bell everyone was busy chatting and head out for the doors. But before Chaerin was to go out of the room, the professor called her.* “Miss Chaerin, could you come here for a minute?”, Professor Psy asked her. “Guys could you wait for me outside? *the other girls nodded and left* Sir, what’s wrong? Did I do something?”, Chaerin asked. “Oh no, quite the contrary. You are doing excellent in my class and I have a favor to ask you.”, Psy said. “Sir, what would that be?” “I want you to tutor this student who always gets failing marks on my exams and if you could get him to pass the next exam you would receive an award of perfect score for the next exam. Would that be a good deal for you?”, Psy asked. “Yes sir! But would that student be?” “*points to a guy sleeping at the back of the room* It’s him. I have already discussed it with him that someone from his class would tutor him for the next exam that is coming in the next month and a half and since you are one of my best students here in this class, I picked you to be his tutor. Would that be alright with you?”, Psy asked. “No, no, no! This can’t be happening! Not him! Not that bastard!” “Sir, are there no other student who could tutor him instead of me?” “Apparently no one is available at the moment. Others were also interested in my offer but they said that they are busy and could not do it at the moment so you were my last resort. Could you please tutor him?” Psy asked her again. “But...but...sir...I...I *looks at Jiyong who is now awake and looks at her with a devilish smile*, Chaerin stuttered while she is thinking of an excuse not to do it. “I would give you extra credits that you need for the next semester if you would just agree to tutor him. You know that I can’t stand my students failing in my subject and whenever there are I would do something like this so that they could pass. Please?”, Psy said.“I... I’ll do it.”, Chaerin finally said. “Good! Thank you for accepting. I’ll leave him in to your care. See you next week.”, Psy said as he tapped Chaerin’s shoulder and left. Chaerin could see that Jiyong was smirking at her and said “Princess, I’ll be in your care.” As he said that, Jiyong bowed like a butler to her and chuckled then left the room. “Damn that guy. I would make sure that I would be his worst nightmare for the next month and a half.” “You’ll see what this ice princess is made of”, Chaerin said to herself as he left the room and joined her friends waiting for her.

 

Little did they know that three days from now, fate would play a trick on their lives that may cause changes in every person that would be involved in their fated encounter.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for subscribing and for the comments! :) Sorry if it took long for me to update. School already started and I'll try my best to update every week. Thank you once again. :)