Don't marry her.

Don't marry her.

 

“What have you done wrong? What the hell haven’t you done wrong?!” Key cracked it. “You are being the most selfish person I know, acting like you haven’t done anything wrong, who the hell have you become?” He was puffed out after that, and decided to let himself catch his breath.

“What’s all this?” Onew, Taemin and Minho had come to see what was going on.

“Jonghyun is going to propose to Shin Se Kyung.” Key said shortly.

“Wait…” Jonghyun started but was cut off by Minho.

“Jonghyun are you serious?” He sounded appalled. Onew stood quietly looking at the ground, he was in shock.

“I saw the ring.” Key blurted out before Jonghyun could say anything.

“You didn’t even tell us?” Minho continued. It was like he couldn’t believe it, he started pacing the room.

“Are you jealous, Kibum? If I was getting married, shouldn’t you be happy for me?” Jonghyun wasn’t acting smart; it was really just a question.

“How could you say that I’m jealous at a time like this?! Not only are you upsetting all of us, but you’re ruining the band!” Key took a step forward and slapped Jonghyun across the face. He stormed out of the room before he started to cry.

 

“What’s going to happen to us?” Taemin asked. Everyone except Jonghyun had gathered inside Key’s room.

“I don’t even know.” Onew sat down onto the edge of Key’s bed.

“Will Jonghyun really leave us though?” Minho asked this time. “I don’t see him as the marrying type…” They all considered it quietly and no one said anything, because they really didn’t know.

“He looked pretty bummed after you slapped him, Umma.”

“Good. He probably doesn’t feel as bad as the rest of us.” Key wondered back to what Jonghyun had said.

Are you jealous, Kibum? If I was getting married shouldn’t you be happy for me?

He should. But he couldn’t.

Am… Am I jealous?  Key immediately dropped the thought.

 

After a while everyone went back to doing what they had been doing before Jonghyun and Key had started to yell. Jonghyun was nowhere to be seen, though.

He must have snuck out to see her.That shameless bastard.

Jonghyun arrived home that night, he seemed groggy and tired. Was he drunk? No one heard from him after he entered his room.

“Should we check on him?” Minho always had a soft spot for everyone.

“He’s probably drunk, I would leave him be.” Onew stepped in for Key. The past few days really had been hectic, and Onew silently realised Key had dealt with it on his own. (Besides Taemin) Onew was probably the best leader you would ever meet. He took care of everyone and didn’t mind about himself, and that’s when Key realised, the both of them were pretty alike.

 

“Hey, we’re all going to bed. You okay out here?” Taemin patted Key’s shoulder. It was late now, but Key didn’t think he could sleep. So instead, he was going to stay up composing a new song.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine, sleep well, you guys.”

“Get some rest, please.” Onew said, as they all trailed off into their separate rooms, leaving Key in the silence. Key was seated at the dinner table with scrunched up papers, and sharpening’s all over the table. He tapped the end of his pencil against the table, lyrics started to form to the beat he was making.

How cruel are you, to leave us?

But more importantly, me?

Is our bond nothing to you?

I guess I wasn’t that special after all.

But could you please, tell me why?

 

What’s so good about her, why does she have to come first? Don’t say that she’s the one.

Don’t say that you’re done. We have more than she does. She’s just a girl. Don’t get caught up on her. Please, just don’t leave.

Don’t leave.

You stupid jerk.

 

Key scribbled out the last line, seeing as it was inappropriate. A door creaked open, and Jonghyun slithered out from behind it. He looked as though someone had hit him in both eyes, purple ringlets of no sleep circled them. His clothes were dishevelled, and he probably smelt bad too.

Key watched as he trailed sluggishly to the kitchen and started rummaging through the fridge.

Jonghyun came back to the dining table after a while, when key stood to leave, Jonghyun caught at his wrist.

“I think we need to talk.” Was all that was said from him.