Don't marry her.

Don't marry her.

 

“Oi, Jjong, what’s this?” Key glanced down into the tiny navy blue box that had an oval cut ring with a silver band inside of it. Key had been going through Jonghyun’s wardrobe when he found it. It was hidden under several piles of clothes; he had tried to hide it from someone. Jonghyun walked into the room then, and came over to stand by Key.

“Oh, that. It’s a ring.” Jonghyun reached over to take the ring out of his hand but Key moved his hands out of reach.

“I know it’s a ring. Who is it for, is what I’m asking.” At the moment, Jonghyun was dating Shin Se Kyung. Could it be for her?

“It’s just a ring.” Jonghyun reached over Key’s shoulder and half snatched the Ring from his hands. He put it into one of his bedside table draws and locked it. Key glared at the back of Jonghyun’s head, but resumed a normal face when he turned back around.  “Why are you in here anyway?” Jonghyun flicked his hair with an elegant twist of his head.

“I’m looking for something to wear.” Key went back to rummaging through his closet.

“Don’t you have a lot of clothes? All of the thing’s in here are not glamorous enough for you, and probably too big. I’d go see Taemin.” Jonghyun walked out then. Key gave a noise of annoyance and stormed into Taemin’s room.

That jerk, going to go propose to that Shin Se Kyung chick. Who does he think he is?

Taemin was lying on his bed and reading a magazine when Key entered. He was having a lazy Saturday, still wearing his pyjamas.

“Oh, Umma. What’s wrong? You need something?” Taemin sat up.

“Do you have any glittery clothes I can borrow?” Key could tell by Taemin’s expression that his voice sounded annoyed.

“Isn’t what you are wearing fine? Where are you going?” He pouted. Taemin was just too cute, and Key began to find himself relaxing.

“This isn’t casual enough.” He looked down at himself. Black jeans with a black sequined shirt and white Doc Martins. He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. “I’m meant to be going out for dinner with Donghae and Eunhyuk.” Key pursed his lips and immediately his mind began to wonder back to Jonghyun.

Stupid Jjong, he doesn’t even know what he’s getting himself into.

He felt a hand on his back. “Are you okay?” He hugged Key from behind.

“Yeah, I will be. I’m just frustrated.” Key sighed again, and rustled his own hair.

“Maybe you shouldn’t go tonight…I think they would understand. I think you need to relax, Umma.”

“It’s rude.” Key stood up shaking Taemin off his back. “I’m going through your clothes.”

“Aish.” Taemin laid back in defeat.

 

After a while, Key found something he liked, a khaki jacket with several badges and iron on prints on it. He threw it on over a white shirt that had black lines going across it. He left the same jeans on and shoes.

“Do I look good, son?” Key laughed, as he already knew the answer.

“Of course you do.” Taemin laughed too.

 

“Jonghyun might propose to Shin Se Kyung.” Key played with the food on his plate with a silver fork.

“Whaaaaaaa?” Eunhyuk and Donghae almost spat out their food. “Really?” Donghae asked, lowering his voice.

“Yeah. I saw the ring already.” Key bit the corner of his lip.

“Woah, that’s fast…” Eunhyuk said, eating a mouthful of rice.

“I don’t think he gets what he’s doing. Won’t he have to retire, or something?” Donghae was way too interested to eat now.

“Maybe, I’m not sure. If he does, I swear I will absolutely kick him in the knee until he can’t kneel down, and then he will never be able to propose properly.” Key was being serious, but the other two laughed.

 

After getting home, he found Jonghyun and Shin Se Kyung laughing on the couch together.

Key stopped dead in his tracks and gave a quick glare before storming off into his room.

“Oi! Kibum, don’t be rude.” Jonghyun yelled after him, but it was too late. He slammed the door behind him.

He sighed and Slid to the ground. He crossed his legs and put his head in his hands.

 

 

“Please don’t marry her.”