Don't marry her.

Don't marry her.

 

After everyone had gone to bed that night, Key decided to slip into Taemin’s room. To his surprise, Taemin was actually still awake.

“Umma… What’s wrong? Your face is all red and puffy…” Taemin had been playing a car game on his laptop when key had come in and sat next to him.

“Jonghyun. I think he’s going to propose.” A tear escaped Key’s eye, he quickly reached up to wipe it away.

“What? To who?” Taemin sat up and placed both of his hands onto Key’s shoulders.

“Before, when I came to you to look for clothes, I had just seen a ring in Jonghyun’s wardrobe. He told me it was ‘just a ring.’” Key was crying more now.

“Aish, that fool!” Taemin hugged Key to his chest tight. “Did he not even think about us?” Key clutched onto his back.

“Taemin, I don’t want to sleep alone tonight.” Key sniffed and looked up at Taemin.

Taemin had never seen Key like this. No way would he refuse him, either. “Hop in.”

 

In the morning, Key woke up in alone in Taemin’s bed. He slid out of the bed and into the living room where Jonghyun sat. Taemin was busy cooking in the kitchen and Minho and Onew were probably still sleeping. Jonghyun looked back over his shoulder toward Key. “You’re awake. Hey, why were you so rude to Shin Se Kyung last night?” Key ignored Jonghyun and went to go occupy himself in the kitchen with Taemin.

 “I ignored him too.” Taemin whispered. “He acts as if nothing’s wrong.” Taemin shook his head.

“Let’s talk about something else.” He changed the subject easily, trying to not let Jonghyun ruin his mood.

 

“Everyone, food is ready!” Taemin announced.  Taemin and Key dished up all the food and sat themselves down next to each other. Jonghyun sat across from Key.

Ugh, of course he had to sit there.

Minho sat at the end of the table and Onew next to Jonghyun. Everyone started digging into their meal. Rice with kimichi, and shin ramyun.

“Key, can you pass me some more rice?” Onew asked to Key.

“Here you go.” He passed it over.

“Can you get some more for me too?” Jonghyun looked toward Key. Key just kept eating and started talking to Taemin about what they should have for lunch.

“Hey, Jonghyun was talking to you.” Minho stepped in for Jonghyun. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows at Key who was now looking back at him.

“Oh? I didn’t hear.” Key ate a mouthful of rice.

“How could you not hear? It was quiet…” Onew added in his own opinion as he reached over to get some Kimichi.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get it myself.” Jonghyun got up and went over to the rice cooker and scooped some more rice into his bowl. Key rolled his eyes and resumed eating. The whole time they ate it was silent. Glances between one another would occur now and again, but no talk.

“I’m done.” Key stood, taking his bowl over to the sink. He rinsed it out and left it in the sink, leaving everyone as he disappeared into his room.

Once he was in his room, he fell back onto his bed and covered his face with a pillow.

DO NOT CRY. I cry way too much. If I was a good friend, I would be happy for him, right? I’m being selfish. I should just get over it.

But I can’t.

At that moment, Onew came through the door.

“Hey, why did you ignore Jonghyun before?” He came and sat by Key. They were both still in their pyjamas and it was only ten o’clock in the morning.

“I didn’t ignore him.” Key’s voice was muffled and Onew had to lean in to hear what Key was saying.

“You really didn’t hear him?” Onew tried to pry off the pillow, but Key was too strong for him, so he gave up on that Idea. “Is something wrong?”

“I’m just… tired. I’ve been a bit exhausted lately.” Key hated lying, but for the sake of his friends, he had to.

“Well, maybe you should eat more.” He patted Key’s stomach and stood up. “I don’t see you eat as much as you used to. Maybe you should go back to how you used to eat.” Onew usually did have good advice, but this wasn’t the kind that Key needed.

“Maybe.” Key whispered.

“Okay, I’m going. Bye.” Key heard Onew leave the room and close the door behind him.

What am I going to do…?

 

For the next few days Key and Taemin had kept ignoring Jonghyun. Key knew that ignoring him wouldn’t work forever, But he hoped that it would.

“Key, what’s wrong with you? Both you and Taemin have been ignoring me for the past four days. Tell me what I have done wrong, already.” Jonghyun finally couldn’t stand it.

 

Now things were about to get complicated.