Night of Thoughts

Seducing the Geek

 

NO ONE POV

Cap didn’t know when it started, but when he did, it was too late.

 

A few months ago, this transfer student came into their class. She was straight-laced, conservative, stiff and uptight, you know, the typical over-achiever. At first he really didn’t mind her, she was just another face in a sea of faces, someone that won’t really make a difference in his life.

 

So, he just continued on with his business (sleeping and eating meat buns), without really participating in that bet his friends were taking part in. He didn’t like the bet so much, he hated deceiving people, but, he didn’t want to be a ‘joy-killer’, so he just let it slide.

 

He knew though, that that geeky transfer student would give in to his friends. He gave it a week and that girl would be either Ljoe or Chunji’s girlfriend. He wasn’t one to judge people, but it’s how it always goes. But, he was pleasantly surprised that he was wrong. The girl held her ground and grew more annoyed everyday due to their antics. Cap watched on amused as he saw this rare girl who kept her eyes straight on the road. She had spunk and wasn’t afraid to voice out her feelings. She screamed and cursed, contrary to her ‘perfect’ image. He couldn’t help but chuckle every time she blazed out.

 

Little by little, he found himself looking at the girl and observing her. He observed how her brows furrowed whenever she answered a particularly hard question, or how her lip would twitch whenever she was annoyed. He even noticed the way her nostrils would flare whenever she got an answer wrong, which was almost never, and when her eyes would squint whenever she was frustrated whenever she had difficulty reading the things on the board.

 

However, she also had another side to her.

 

She wasn’t all that bad, contrary to what others thought of her, she was actually the opposite. During group presentations, she would try really hard to help others with their work. She did it earnestly with a good intention, he could tell, even if others thought that it was just her way of gloating. He also noticed her feeding the birds outside the window some of her lunch when nobody was looking since she always had her lunch in the classroom alone. How she just sighed and moved on whenever she was being teased by others.

 

She was just misunderstood.

 

He kind of felt sorry for her and wanted to help her instead of just sleep, and that was saying something, since well, Cap LOVES sleeping. He hates exerting effort you see. But when she was seriously frustrated that she lacked notes when her glasses broke, Cap had this strange urge to help.

 

Then, that time when they both met in school early in the morning and she screamed at him for stalking her. He was never really screamed at before, it’s not like he likes getting screamed at, but it was just different. He felt like, she was someone who did what she said and said what she did. She wasn’t fake at all.

 

He couldn’t really admit it to her, but the notes that he had given her was his own. Well, the Hello Kitty notebook wasn’t his, he just took it from his younger cousin so that it wouldn’t be obvious that he took the notes for her. He was shocked and confused at the same time that he went that far for her. That was one of the rare moments that he would actually take notes, and they weren’t even for him.

 

He didn’t know why, but he was interested. He hasn’t found someone this.. unique. But at the same time, he felt like he’s seen her before.

 

One day he saw her without her glasses and with her hair up. She suddenly looked familiar. Too familiar. Then he realized she was THAT girl, the girl in the club a few years ago.

 

What happened was, when he found out that his real mom died, he became depressed. Even he could say that he was pathetic. He felt betrayed, sad, guilty and all those things, so he went to clubs and all that, got mixed-up with the wrong crowd. He became one of those good-for-nothings who did nothing productive.

 

One night, on the way to a club, he saw something very disturbing, usually he’s not the type to meddle into things, but he just HAD to, in that situation. In an alley, he saw three men, they were some of his friends, crowding over something. He went a bit closer, but not too close that it would attract their attention. Then, he realized that what they were crowding over was actually a person.

 

Cap couldn’t believe it. They were beating somebody up. Then, he saw two people on the ground. One was a beefy guy, also an acquaintance of his, and a girl. The girl, who was sprawled on the floor, apparently saw him and looked at him desperately. She was bruised and had wounds on her otherwise beautiful face.

 

She mouthed him something: “please”

 

That was it. Something just made his heart clench.

 

By instinct he immediately lunged at the three men who were beating the person up. They were caught off guard, making it easier for him to attack. Usually it was suicide to take on three men that huge at once, but for some reason, he managed to defeat them. It appeared that the man they were beating up put on a good fight since the three were already tired.

 

It wasn’t easy, but he managed to get them on the ground. He only got a few fractures and a couple of scratches. But then, he couldn’t dwell long on his victory when he saw the state the man they were beating up.

 

 He wasn’t even a man yet, he was still a boy. About two years younger than him with a thin frame.

 

He was as injured as injured can get. His face was bloodied, his body was covered in scratches and already forming bruises and his arm was twisted at an odd angle. Cap almost panicked and immediately crouched down, not quite sure how to carry the boy without worsening his wounds.

 

He looked to his side to see the girl who called for help earlier. She was injured as well, but less than the boy. She was about the boy’s age too. But he noticed that the girl was in skimpy clothes and thick make-up. But on her face was desperate innocence. She crawled closer, still on the ground due to her injuries.

 

She went closer to the boy with tears in her eyes.

 

“Thank you.” She said to Cap, face flushed with tears rolling down her cheeks. Cap felt his heart give a thump. “Please. . please help him, he. .he saved me.”

 

Cap immediately got it, the girl was probably going to get harassed.

 

The girl also went unconscious.

 

He immediately got them to a nearby hospital. The girl was fine, but the boy apparently went into a coma.

 

He felt guilty. He should’ve been there sooner.  But he felt even guiltier that people responsible were actually his friends. They weren’t that close, but still.

 

After that, he snapped back into his senses and straightened himself up, re-enrolled in school, and never set foot in a club and drank again.

 

And honestly, after that, Cap kept thinking about the girl, who was apparently RIyoung.

 

Maybe that’s why he’s so interested in Riyoung. The fact that like him, she did a complete 180 degrees after that incident.

 

Or..maybe it was something else.

 

Something that worried him veeeeryyy much, at first, he brought the idea to the very back of his mind. Maybe he was just bored or something. But when it started getting a bit excessive, like when he counted how many times she blinked, he realized that this was crossing the darn line.

 

He felt that he was getting a liiiiittle creepy.

 

He needed to sort out his feelings out.

 

After a few days, he just knew. The way she she spoke her mind, the way she carried herself with that snobbish look on her face despite actually being nice inside, the way she made him feel at ease with her genuinity.

 

He found it cute and funny. He just didn’t show it.

 

When he found out that she was getting bullied because of them, he immediately talked Teentop into abandoning the bet. He felt angry that he didn't stop this earlier or prevent it.

Then, at that incident when they were at her house, he just. .spilled it, spilled the beans. Like what the heck? It was not planned. at. all. But there was no turning back and just stuck with it.

 

He started getting a bit restless afterwards.

 

He just had to know what she thought. Then, in the roof, he got the answer. He was blatantly turned down. She even ran away from him. Then he felt incredibly stupid. Of course she would turn him down, they’ve only known each other for a few months. What was he expecting?

 

He was hurt for a while, but realized that the least he could do was to try his best to conceal it to not make it awkward between them. He also didn’t want to pressure her into doing something she didn’t want to.

 

Because he could see that some of Teentop were falling for her too, they just don’t realize it yet.

 

So, when the weekend ended, he tried his hardest to act like nothing even happened. He smiled at her and waved at her, but other than that, he couldn't speak, not yet. Cap guessed it was a good thing, at least the fangirls will go easy on her now that they aren't talking to her much. He hoped that they would go easier on her.

He didn't know how many more times he could contol his anger towards people like the thumbtacks guy. Cap doesn't consider himself a violent guy, he's actually more like the type to just take the punches to avoid any more troublesome things. But, he just didn't know.. .he just lost control for a bit on that one, good thing he managed to put it as a joke later.

 

There was just. .something about that girl, that just made him do stupid things.

 

Cap sighed and closed the book he was reading. He realized that reading was futile since he had so many things on his mind. He realized that he's been on page 387 for about thiry minutes.

 

He put the book back on his bedside drawer and sunk deeper in his pillow. He'd just better sleep his confusion off.

 

Can't he just revert back to his old self and love only sleep?

 

Cap sighed again and mumbled to himself while pulling up the sheets. 

 

"But I guess I just can't."

End of POV

 

 

Riyoung POV

The hell?

 

STOP! FRICKEN! THINKING ABOUT IITTT!

I'm at home right now, making a fool out of myself by rolling on the bed nonsensically trying to sleep, why am I doing that you ask? Well, even I don't know. I just can't sleep. Not with what I've seen.

I just saw Ljoe kiss a girl. .but. .uh. .I don't really know why I'm even bothered by that since. .well, Ljoe is Ljoe and, I should've known.

I shouldv'e known that of course. .he does that all the time. he flirts with girls and gets them. I'm just one of those girls. He was just toying with me and he got bored. He was just flirting with me cuz I was new, and a challenge, nothing more.

I should've known all that.

 

So why the hell am I so bothered?

I turn around again and see my alarm clock, it's screen fashing 12:45.

 

Damn, I've been doing this for 2 hours.

 

But that's not the only thing that's bothering me. It's Cap. Cap is bothering me quite ALOT. 

 

He confessed to me and I turned him down, then he acts like nothing happened. Like it wasn't a big deal for him, that he didn't mind whether I said yes or no. Like it didn't. .matter.

 

Like I don't matter.

 

My chest suddenly tightens.

 

and. .that girl LJoe kissed, she knew my secret, my past. There's only one person in school I know that knows.

 

And it's Cap. DId he tell everyone to get back at me? 

I feel like I'm going to be sick.

 

But. .but he won't do that won't he?

 

But still, if. .if everyone knows, I don't know how I'm going to handle it. The bullying. The shame. Oh the figgin SHAME.

 

Teentop definitely knows, that's why they were avoiding me right? of course, they would be the first Cap would tell.

 

But, I'm still hoping that he didn't.

 

Please.

end of POV

 

 LJoe POV

After that girl kissed me. Damn, just thinking about it makes me angry. She DARED? But well, handsomeness can drive people crazy, and I am pretty handsome if I do say so myself.

I hop into my bed, still slightly annoyed at what happened. 

 

I don't know why I'm so bothered though. I mean, there have been times when girls did those kinds of things to me without my consent. I even remember last year when a girl drugged me and I woke up in a suit, strapped onto a chair, in a candlelight dinner with her. That was one of the most horrific moments of my life. I'm pretty sure that that was kidnapping.

I still shiver whenever I think at how she got me into that suit.

But yeah, usually, as long as its not that weird, I just shrug it off. But right now, I'm still irritated. It just felt so..wrong.

 

I grab my ipod and put on the earphones, listening to my 'bedtime playlist', yeah, I know it's lame, and sink deeper under the comforter.

 

Also, that girl said things about Riyoung, calling her a or something. She may be rude, stuck-up, a know-it-all and down right cold, but she is definitely not a . 

If a is overly 'passionate', Riyoung is overly well, apathetic?

It's like if someone seriously liked her she would immediately turn him down. She's more interested in Math then boys. I doubt that she's even had a single crush in her life. Is she even normal? she even resisted falling for me.

 

hmm. . I wonder what she would be like when she's with her boyfriend, heh..if she ever gets one anyway, which is highly unlikely.

Will she be all squeamish and girly and stuff?

 

I start to imagine what their date would be like. Hahaha..it would probably be in a library, yeah, where else would she want to go? since her boyfriend's also probably nerdy.

I imagine her acting all flirty with the guy and I immediately laugh.

Hahahahahhaha.. that would never happen, that would be so wrong.

 

I imagine her talking to a boy and giggling, talking about, I don't know, books and ..uh. .constitutions.

 

She's surprisingly wearing a girly dress and her hair isn't as boring as usual, and her usual steely expression was bright.

 

 

Then suddenly the guy's face becomes clearer, and he's.. . ME?

 

Dafuuuuuuq??

 

What kind of messed up imagination do I have?  Ugh..I must really need some sleep, thinking about impossible things.

 

-------------------------------------

SO yeah, ..heheh. again I am sorry. Sorry for the laggy update =(( 

But well, here, I showed Cap's side of the story, to lessen the mystery behind him.

OH YEAHH! Thanks for all my subscribers.

And to the 2 who upvoted this story, thank you sooooooo muuuchh! =)