We're here!!

Seducing the Geek

RIYOUNG POV

 

I got home, drenched. My parents still aren't home since they're both on separate business trips. And I'm thankful for that, because them seeing me in this pitiful state makes me wanna cringe in embarrassment. I take off my wet shoes and waddle upstairs to my room. For some reason, I feel really awful. And not just because I got locked up in a closet full of dead animals and embarrassed myself in front of a male frien--. .I mean classmate.

It was a physical kind of pain and my shoulder is still throbbing because of that hit from the fugly girl.

When I arrived, I immediately plunged myself stomach first into the soft white mattress, making it soppy wet, but I didn't care, I just want to sleep and sleep and sleep and then wake up until all those annoying fangirls die off. Ok. .that's a bit harsh. But I really do hate them at this moment.

 

I take out my phone, it's a bit wet but halleluja, it still works. I scroll through my few contacts, and pause on a number that I want to talk so badly to. But he's. .he's currently, unable to speak. Because of me.

That thought still sends daggers to my chest and I immediately try to shrug this awful feeling of guilt off. 

I then see my best friend's number. She's probably busy, because of all her training, and I don't want to bother her. But. .I just need someone to talk to right now. Ugh. .gosh. I don't know why I'm being so melodramatic.

 

"Yoboseyo? Riyoung? Waah.. how've you been?" a happy and surprised voice on the other line says. Her familiar voice immediately makes me happier.

 

"Fine. I just wanted to see how you were doing." I replied, trying to sound like I didn't cry my eyeballs out just a few moments ago.

 

"Gosh!. .we haven't spoken in months. I wanted to call you, but I figured you'd be busy with trying to adjust in your new school. Anyways, I'm doing great here. Our instructor said that I've gotten alot better at singing. He also gave me a dance solo to perform infront of our CEO!"

I smile. I'm glad that at least one of us is having a good time since we last saw each other. "That's great."

 

There was a slight pause on the other end.

"Wait, I know that voice. That's your CRYING VOICE! yah! what happened?" she says, even through the static, her voice sounds concerned.

I forced a laugh, even I cringed at how fake it sounded. "What? I'm not crying, you know me. I do NOT cry."

"That's the lamest excuse ever." She said bluntly. "What happened?" 

 

I really don't want to tell her since I don't want to bother her with my problems. I kept silent for a bit.

 

"Riyoung, so help me. If you won't tell me what's going on, I will go there myself and MAKE you tell me. Oh you know I will do that" she threatened. Even though her voice were a few octaves higher than mine, it was still scary.

I clicked my tongue. Yeah. .knowing her. She will probably do that.

Really, she can be so overbearing sometimes. Though I'm not one to talk. 

 

"Fine."

 

I told her about everything. I told her about Teentop. About their fangirls, and the events leading towards that horrible experience with the closet and how I was saved by Chunji.

There was a moment of silence as she took in all of what I said. "My God! that's just awful." she exclaimed. There clearly was anger in her voice.

"Yeah. .I know." I said.

 

"What in the world?? those girls are unbelievable.. How could they do that to you. Like what the hell? bullying you  just because those boys are talking to you??" she ranted on. Still too taken aback by the situation.

 

"Yeah. .I know." I agreed.

 

"You were even thrown eggs! and paint. and you didn't even stand up for yourself?? You should've done something." 

 

"Yeah. .I know." I replied. But more glumly. .she's right. I shoul've done something for myself.

 

"And that closet experience, it must've been horrifying!" 

 

"Yeah. .I know." I said. "You know, you're kind of making me feel more depressed."

 

She chuckled a bit nervously over the phone. "lol, I'm sorry."

There was a moment of silence in between the lines.

 

"Hey, I need you to promise something." I said.

"What?"

 

"Don't you dare come here." I said flatly.

 

"Wha? Why?" she whined. 

 

"Because, I know that you're busy over there"

 

"Even if I'm busy, I don't care. YOU'RE my friend, of course I'll go there." She said, like the answer was obvious.

I clicked my tongue. Sigh. .I knew I shouldn't have called her. She's too nice. "Don't go." I said firmly before I hung up.

 

I just stare at the ceiling, too lazy to change out of my wet clothes. I feel a chill run through me as the night breeze seeps through my bedroom window, I immediately immerse myself in my woolen blankets. I see spots before my eyes as they flutter close. 

And then,. .I was alseep.

end of POV

 

 

LJOE POV

I'm now at school, in my classroom,. .and class hasn't even started. And why? Well because I'm waiting for a certain someone. And by a certain someone, I mean a certain geeky girl who's currently hating my guts and constantly avoids me. I couldn't believe that I managed to get here about an hour earlier than usual, so that I could talk to her. And she's not even here yet.

-___- 

 

And why do I freakin' care that she hates me? Well. . well. .it's because of.

 

That BET!

 

 

Yes. .

 

 

It's because of that bet, 

 

Right?

 

. . 

. .

 

AAAUGH! who am I kidding? It's not because of that stupid bet anymore. I don't know why, but lately, when she started avoiding me, I kept longing to see her. To talk to her. I don't freakin' know why, but that's the truth. 

Well. .it's not like because I like her or anything right?

 

RIGHT??

 

Damn.

This is so difficult. I plop my head on my desk with a painfully audible thud. And since there are only a few of us in the room, thus making the room practically noise-less, the sound reverberated throughout the space. Everyone looked at me. Probably wondering why did I freakin' bang my head into my desk.

Yes. Ljoe. Why DID you freakin' bang your head into your desk?

I tried to shrug the embarrassment off by giving out a firm cough.

 

I hear the soft whispers and murmurs of the girls nearest me. 

"Yah. .Isn't Ljoe oppa acting a bit strange the past few days?" one said.

"Yeah.. it's like. He's weird. He's doing random things and became more clumsy." another replied.

 

I wanted to set them straight and say that: NO, I am NOT wierd, I am NOT doing random things, and I certainly am NOT clumsy. I mean, me? Ljoe? Lee Byunghun? weird and clumsy?? that's just proposterous.. 

 

. . 

Ugh. .what am I saying? they're right.

 

I have been acting weird the past few days. -___- and it's all because of her. That annoying little smartass. One time, I even screamed during class, when I got frustrated when she ran away from me in the hallway.

God, I can't believe I did that.

The hell? that geek is slowly taking away my "coolness". 

 

I just sat on my chair in silence for for several minutes, trying to redeem myself by acting as 'smooth' as possible. But even though I waited, she didn't come. Even when class was about to start. During the last minute before the bell rings. All the students immediately ran into the room. Wafting the entire room with noise as they did.

One by one the seats were filled, a sleepy looking Cap entered the room, chewing on some who-knows-what kind of bun. A nervous-looking Ricky entered with his twin, Ricky fussing over the bruise on his Changjo's cheek. And Changjo in turn trying to swat away Ricky's hands in an effort to look cool. Niel entered the room with headphones which I bet aren't even . Or else how the heck would he be able to talk to the phone at the same time? Well, it IS Niel we're talking about, and his ears can probably hear from miles away.

 

As they did, the girls cheered like how they always do in the morning. But then, when Chunji came. The room suddenly fell quiet. It was because of Chunji's hard expression. He looked like he just wanted to punch something. AND TRUST ME. Chunji almost always never wants to punch anything. His eyes were intense and his jaw was clenched. His lips were drawn in a thin hard line. He stared at the class, as if searching for people. Then, he subtly shook his head as muttered to the brink of inaudability "They're not here."

 

Then, he looked around once more. Slowly, his hard demeanor was replaced by one of concern. He came  towards us. Already seated in our seats. 

 

"Where's Riyoung?" he asked Niel.

Niel briefly looked around then gave a confused shrug. "What happened Chunji?" Niel asked.

Chunji sighed and slumped his shoulders, his apparent anger turning into a milder one. "Later, I'll tell you guys later."

End of POV

 

3RD PERSON's POV

It was lunch break and Teentop was huddled in their usual loose circle.  All their food were untouched as they concentrated on their conversation. Cap even abstained from eating his meat bun.

 

"What??" exclaimed. "They locked her up in the biology lab? at night?" crystal-clear anger laced in his shocked tone. 

Chunji shook his head. "Worse, they locked her up in the bio lab's closet."

 

"The hell would they do that?" Changjo said, hands curling into a fist, his eyebrows were knitted together.

"it's obviously because of us?" Niel interjected. His expression a bit sorry. "I mean, those girls they've been harassing her for weeks."

 

"Huh? why would she be bullied because of us?" Ricky innocently asked. His face filled with worry as he nibbled on his biscuit.

 

"Wait. .is that the reason why I saw the girl  washing eggs off her hair?" Changjo said, his usually small beady eyes turned wide in sudden realization. "I just knew that a home economics' class accident wasn't the reason.

 

"Jealousy of course." Niel explained. "I mean, I don't mean to brag, but our fangirls. They're super dedicated."

 

Suddenly, Ljoe grabbed Niel's collar. and harshly pulled him closer. "So you mean to tell me that you've KNOWN? and you did absolutely nothing??" Ljoe yelled.

Teentop all waited for Niel's answer. "Well, I haven't caught them red-handed yet. Come on guys. what should I have done? Lash out at every girl student I see? I mean, I don't even knwo who her harrassers are." Niel explained. Easing himself out of Ljoe's slightly loose grip.

 

He clicked his tongue and hung his head low. Frowning. "And besides, I didn't know that they were THAT harsh."

 

Ljoe glared at him. "But you still did nothing."

 

Chunji rolled his eyes. "Come on, Ljoe. You have to admit. You are mostly at fault here." he mumbled. 

 

"Wh-what?" Ljoe asked. "What in the world did I do?"

 

"Well, for one, you should've been  more aware of the people around you. Have you SEEN the looks that those girls gave her when you bluffed that you took her on a date?" Chunji replied, already looking a bit hostile. The gentle, and good-mannered Chunji is slowly climbing out of the window.

 

Ljoe looked a second surprised, then another angry. He guffawed. "As if you, yourself don't flirt with her." Ljoe retorted. The look on his face told the others that he was pretty much ready to make this fight bigger. Well, that and his overwhelming temper. And Chunji was not one to back down. 

 

The once loose and light circle was slowly turning into a suffocating one, due to the clashing of the two.

 

Chunji was about to spew out another comeback when an arm landed gently on his shoulder.

"Hyung! please. .can we not fight about this?" Ricky timidly asked. A bit afraid that the two's anger will be directed towards him because of his intervention.

 

"Yeah. .he's right, " Niel agreed, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

"Fighting about who's fault this is won't solve anything." Changjo said. Those words sounded really weird coming from him, considering that he, well, fights ALOT.

 

"I-if the girls are really the problem, then I think we all are at fault here." Ricky softly agreed. But his words probably hit the bull's eye.

 

Ricky's words hung in the air for a while, making the other boy's realize that its true. 

 

"But, why wouldn't she tell us?" Ljoe asked. His anger partly gone, his voice has gone a bit mellow, and maybe even laced with guilt.

 

"Well, I guess that's just who she is." Niel said. "I mean, as you can see, she's not the most open person."

 

A few moments of silence fell on them. Until suddenly Cap spoke up.

"I think we should stop this bet."

 

"Whaat??" Niel asked in surprise.

 

Cap's voice was cool and calm, but they could all hear the seriousness in his voice. "Everything started because of this bet right?" 

 

They contemplated on his statement. And they realized that it was undeniably correct. 

 

"But. .But. .it's unfair that we don't get to talk to her just because some annoying chicks don't want us to." Changjo complained, his tone like a whiney child.

 

"Yeah! do we have to let those girls dictate everything we do??" Ljoe pointed out.

 

"Who said we can't talk to her?" Cap replied. "I just said to cancel the bet."

 

"Huh? What do you mean?" Ricky asked.

 

Cap flashed them a rare, yet small smile. "Be serious with her."

 

end of POV

 

RIYOUNG POV

I wake up with a pounding head, a clogged nose, a sore throat and puffy eyes. Yeah, I pretty much look terrible. Well, good thing no one's here.  My parents probably won't be home until next week.

I try to step out of bed but I just see colorful circles dancing in front of my eyes, forcing me plop back down. UGH. .dangg. Please don't be a fever. .It's probably because of the rain.

As much as I would HATE to see those girls, I would hate it even more if I had to miss school. 

Still on the bed, I rummage through my bedside drawer and pull out a thermometer, but before I could use it. .I fell asleep again.

 

-------------------

 

I nuzzle into my lush white pillow, as I hear faint sounds around me. Maybe I'm dreaming or something.

"Hey Changjo quit making so much noise!" somebody scolded. I couldn't be sure who's it was, but I think it was Niel.

"Yah. .Ljoe. Stop rummaging through her stuff." Chunji reprimanded. Then I heard a clanging sound of something being dropped.

 

"Oops." Ljoe said.

 

The sounds and voices slowly became clear. More . . real.

 

THE HELL???

 

I woke up and sat up as straight as a pole and grabbed my glasses. I feel something drop from my forehead to my lap. It was those hot bags people use to diminish fevers.

 

 My eyes grew wide at the sight before me. All of Teentop were there. Ljoe was busy stacking up the things that he supposedly dropped. Ricky and Changjo were cleaning. Cap and Niel weren't  in my room but I'm pretty sure that I heard an explosion coming from the kitchen. And Chunji was by side, sitting in a chair. Completely startled when I woke up.

 

The other three in the room looked at me. All looking startled, and a bit panicked.

 

Changjo dropped his broom.

"I-it was LJoe-hyung's idea." he said defensively as he pointed to Ljoe. Ljoe smiled nervously.

 

All of them were here. And I look like absolute crap.

 

They all covered their ears as I let out a blood-curdling scream and some curses that reverberated throughout the house.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

GUUUUUUUUYSSS! sorrry for the uber late update. huhuhuhuuhuhuhu. . it's cuz of school. .again. 

 

zzzzzz. But I can't be grateful enough that you guys didn't unsubscribe. This chapter is a long one, But I don't know if it's exactly any good cuz, well. THERE AIN'T FLUFF.

 

but I tell you guys. The next chap's going to be full of fluff! (well,. .hopefully. xD hahahah)

 

 

please do comment and subscribeeee! ^^