Misunderstanding

Seducing the Geek

RICKY's POV

 

Gongchan. .

She kept mumbling that name as she clung on to me. I managed to tilt my head to look at her. Her face was scrunched up with worry. Her face paler than when we first came in. She looks so. .sad. E-even though this is such an awkward position, I can't bring myself to push her away with her like this.

 

I just look at her.  

 

What could possibly be the dream that can get her into this state?

 

I couldn't take seeing her like this anymore. So i give a second shot to waking her up. I wiggle one of my arms out of her grip and then lay it on her arm. I shake it lightly.

 

"Riyoung-ssi. w-wake up. Please"

 

I managed to stir her, but still no luck. I tried shaking her arm harder, yet still I didn't get a response. I shook it even harder. Still asleep.

 

Though I haven't managed to wake her up, it seems like she's calmed down. She stopped moving and thrashing and her breathing started to normalize. 

 

Wew. .thank goodness.

 

I guess. .I'll just wait for her to wake up then?

 

Ughhh. .what should I do??  @^@

 

I just freeze in that position for several minutes. My arms and legs practically shaking at how tiring it is to not put all of my weight on top of her. 

 

More time passes.

 

I look at the clock, I've spent like, an hour and a half like this.

 

I've given up trying to support my weight, I just couldn't hold on for that long. but her grip around me is still as hard as ever. And in effect, now we are literally closer than ever too. It's really like . .we're. .we're hugging.

But. I started to get a bit comfortable. And maybe, just. .maybe, or am I being a bit too presumptuous, maybe she's also feeling more comfortable when she's holding me? like. .I'm helping her calm down? o-or something?. . 

 

UGH! . .Ricky! what are you thinking? you're being too shameful. >,< 

 

I look at the clock again. 7:36 in the evening. It's already late, I don't even know how long I've been like this.

 

We did previously discuss that we would stay until she would wake up, since tomorrow's a saturday. 

 

So we're really staying over? But. . they didn't even check on me for dinner. 

 

I just ignore the awful feeling of having an empty stomach and try to relax. I realize that she's sleeping peacefully now. Her paleness is gone. She's stopped sweating. And now I can feel the stable rise and fall of her chest against mine. .

 

>//////<

 

Th-that sounded so weird.

But it's true, it suddenly dawns on me how close we are. I'm only inches away from her face. So close that I can see the individual strands of her lashes. And her arms are holding me. Without even realizing it, a free hand of mine reaches out and slowly touches her cheek.

 

If. If I were Ljoe h-hyung I would probably ki-k-k-k-k-k----

 

>////<

 

RICKY! I said stop being so shameful!! what in the world are you thinking?

 

I mentally beat myself for having such weird thoughts. 

 

More time passes, and I'm starting to feel a bit drowsy myself. 

 

I try to will myself out of it. But sooner or later, my eyelids dropped like lead. Forcing me to sleep.

 

end of POV

 

RIYOUNG POV

 

I felt like he was getting beat up in front of my eyes for like forever.

 

I wanted to be beat up with him. I wanted to, . I wanted to. .take his place.

I should be the one in his position right now. I should be the one laying unconscious in a stark white hospital bed. Lifeless.

 

Please. .Lord. Make it happen. Make him come back.

 

As I said my desperate prayer a man kicked Gongchan another time, making him spew out blood.

 

*Gasp*

My eyes suddenly flew open. Intaking my real whereabouts. Instead of a dark and cold alley, I was in my room. Sweating and almost hyperventilating.

I exhaled. Inhaled, then exhaled again sharply.

 

After how many times I've had that nightmare, I've soon learned how to quickly control my panic attacks.

 

I felt glad that I finally got out of that nightmare. But waking up makes me realize even more what the reality really is.

 

That I'm just in my room. Having a fever. Completely unable to undo the past, with Ricky on top of me.

 

. . .

 

Wait WHAAT??

 

My eyes suddenly bulge at what's going on. I have my arms wrapped around Ricky with him on top of me. So close that his warm shallow breathes graze my cheek.

 

Wh-wh-wh-wh-wh--

 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I screech as I push the sleeping Ricky with so much force he topples over and hits the hardwood floor. For a moment I felt bad about it. But could you blame me?? the guy was on top of me for pete's sake.

He fell to the floor with a whiney grunt. After a few moments of scaring me by not moving, he finally stirs and lifts his head up. He looked at me with half-lidded eyes. Too dazed to probably even see the horrified look on my face. He rubs his eyes with a sleeved wrist.

 

 

He looks so so. .c-cute. and . .child-like. 

 

Hard to freakin' believe that he was up all over me just a few seconds ago without my freakin' consent.

 

"Urrmm. .Good morning." He hazily says. 

 

What?? that's all I get?

I couldn't help it anymore. I just had to scream. Even if it's Ricky

 

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN MY BED???????" I yell. 

He flinches. My scream was apparently shocking enough to finally snap him out of his daze. He blinks furiously as I see his face darken red when he realizes what our previous position was.

He opens and closes his mouth frantically, urging a coherent explanation out, but fails.

"Uh. .I. .I. It's not wh-wh--"

 

Before he could even finish stuttering the door bursts open. And in comes four boys, sleep still apparently fresh in their faces, their clothes still the same as yesterday's. But their voices were still as loud as ever.

"What happened???" Ljoe exclaimed as he slammed the door open.

"Are you okay?!" Chunji immediately adds as he runs close behind

Niel and Changjo scurries towards the room, almost as if they were racing.

 

"Wha?? who? who's in your bed??" Changjo hurriedly asked.

 

A moment of silence fills the room as they see the scene. 

 

We must've looked pretty shady.

 

Ricky was on the floor, hair messed up and along with him, a blanket which got dragged down with him when he fell. I was in no better condition. My hair was ruffled. I was in the bed.

 

The bed that Ricky obviously fell from.

 

Who knows what could be running in their man minds right now?

 

"RICKYY??" Niel screeches. His voice comically cracks from surprise and the fact that it's still pretty early in the morning. Everyone would've laughed if it weren't for the situation.

 

Changjo looms closer to his twin.

 

"Hyung. what happened?" Changjo asks darkly, with a hint of. .jelousy? 

 

Ricky just looked up for a moment then hurriedly scampers to his feet.

 

"It's not what you guys think!" he screams.

 

"Well then? explain." Niel says, his voice still shocked.

 

Ricky fidgets for a bit. He looks at the members, then to me, then to the floor. Then to me again. There's something weird in his look. It's like, he wants to say something. But can't.

 

Then. .I suddenly get why he was on top of me.

 

"Um. .I don't know if you'll believe me." Ricky trails off.

 

end of POV

 

RICKY POV

 

I faintly hear a screaming voice, forcing me to wake up. It's Riyoung's voice,

"Umm. .good morning." I reply. My mind's still kinda foggy though

 

 

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN MY BED???????" she yells. 

 

I immediately flinch. Bed? huh?. .wha-?

 

Wait.

Oh.my.GOSH!

 

I. .We. W-we stayed there like that the whole night??

I try to explain to her what happened. But no words would come out.

"Uh. .I. .I. It's not wh-wh--"

GAH! . . how erted must I have seemed? I couldn't help but turn red from the embarrassment.

 

As if God was playing with me. The door suddenly opens. And in comes my twin and my hyungs.

 

Ughh. .j-just kill me noww. .*o*

 

 

 

"Hyung. what happened?" Changjo asks darkly. He says each word with an equivalent step closer. Ughh. .my brother scares me sometimes. His glare was intense and he was bothered for some reason?

I just look up at him and realize how stupid I must look sprawled in the floor.

"It's not what you guys think!" I defend while hurrily standing up.

 

"Well then? explain." Niel demands.

 

I panic for a bit. I look at Riyoung. She obviously doesn't remember that she was the one who pulled me yesterday. Then I look at the members. All looks of surprise, speechlessness and maybe even jelousy.

Then I look back at Riyoung.

Whatever her dream was. .I just have this feeling that she doesn't want anyone to know about it. It was clearly something that scared her for sure. I just. .don't want to put her in a situation wherein she will be forced to tell us about it.

 

"Um. .I don't know if you'll believe me." Ricky trails off.

 

"I. .I. .eh. .j-just. ." I stutter. I can't think of anything. You see I'm not used to this whole lying thing. I've only lied during times when I cover up for Changjo and things like that.

 

"TRIPPED!" I exclaimed.

 

tripped.

 

ugh.

They say I'm a gullible person, but I think that even I won't believe me.

 

They look at me with raised eyebrows.

"Um. . . I was going to wake her up to get her to take her medicine. But then I tripped and landed on top of her, and. .and. .I guess I. .f-fainted?" I pathetically add to try to salvage the situation.

 

They still didn't look convinced.

 

Then, we all hear someone erupt in laughter. It was Riyoung. This is a pretty weird time to laugh.

"Ahahah. .Oh Ricky. I can't believe you fainted from tripping." She said while still giggling a bit. "You need to work out more."

 

My eyes sparkle. She. .she actually believes me?

 

After a while Niel laughs too. "Yeah . .I mean, who does that?" he teases.

 

The rest joins in on the laugh also. 

 

Ljoe slings an arm on my shoulder. "Haha. .That explanation sounded shady at first. But coming from you, it's pretty possible.

I awkwardly giggle.

 Is it really that easy to believe? =/. .coming from me?

 

"Yeah. .hyung is pretty. .weak." Changjo adds. And what's worse is, it wasn't even a joke. It was SERIOUS. TT^TT

 

Okay. .that's pretty harsh

"I-im not weak." I try to say, but instead, Ljoe just grinds his knuckles into the top of my head.

 

Ouch!

"Haha. .whatever you say Ricky." he says, rubbing salt to the wound.

 

Urggh. .

 

Then, an overwhelmingly good smell of food wafts through the room. Probably coming from downstairs.

 

"Waaah! what's that?" Ljoe says enthusiastically while sniffing the air and letting me go. Immediately darting downstairs in search for the savory source.

"Did Cap hyung cook it??" Changjo asks.

 

"I don't think so. I bet he just ordered it to make up for what he cooked yesterday." Chunji replied. While hurrying down himself.

"Yah! I helped with the meal last night too y'know? it wasn't that bad." Niel pouts, but heads down as well.

 

Changjo rolls his eyes. "Wasn't that bad my ." he mumbles while holding his stomach. His face contorted from just remembering what he ate.

 

Changjo looks at Riyoung and me. "We saved you guys." he says proudly. "When we tasted the food, we immediately decided not to call you both to spare you from. ." he trails off in search for a word to best describe the meal.

 

".. The horror." 

He shudders. Then he goes down.

When he did, I sat on the edge of Riyoung's bed and sighed.

 

Wew. .though bought it.

Then there were only the two of us left in the room.

 

It was pretty awkward.

 

She sighs and raises an eyebrow. "If it was that bad. Then why did they even eat it?"

 

I laugh. Even when she's sick, her straightforwardness is as strong as ever.

 

"Well. .to probably avoid Cap from getting hurt." He says. "You see, he's pretty proud of his cooking."

 

She looks at me.

"Wha-? really?" she asks.

 

"Yep. .but all he cooks are weird things."

 

"Oh. .haha. .that explains alot."

I look at her confusedly. "It does?"

 

She waves her hand. "Never mind that."

 

Silence fell on us for a brief moment.

"Umm. .do I really seem that weak?"

She looks at me then smiles. She then gets up from her position and sits on my side. Which surprises me.

"You're not weak. .You're just.. .considerate."

 

I tilt my head in thought. I am?

 

She chuckles. "I see what you did there." She says. "You covered for me."

 

"huh? what do you mean?" I say, trying to act clueless.

"Don't play dumb with me. I know. I was dreaming right? you probably heard his name. You see. I always have that dream. And people tell me that I'm particularly "clingy" when having that dream."

 

I drop my head. "Ugh. .Even though I tried to not let you know."

 

I guess my lying skills still need work. haha

 

"Why'd you even cover for me?" she inquires.

"Well,  when you were dreaming, I guessed that it was about something pretty heavy. Something that you probably don't want to tell us about." I say truthfully.

 

She looks at me again, with a hint of surprise. Then her face breaks into a smile.

 

Then she. .h-hugs me.

 

"Thank you. Sorry I yelled at you earlier. I realized it too late" she whispers. "You're a great friend Ricky, just like him."

 

Gaaah. .she's hugging me.

Wait. .again with that 'you remind me of someone' thing. Like the time when I bandaged her hand.

 

is. .she referring to Gongchan?

 

But that question soon leaves my mind as I realize again that she's actually hugging me.

 

CONSCIOUS this time. 

 

---------------------

Another laggy update, dude. what's wrong with you.

But the good thing isss. .ITS our SEM BREAK!

woot!

woot!

10 days of no school. BWAHAHAHAHHA!

so I guess I'll be able to update a lot. i think. I hope.

Anywaaays. .hope u njoyed this chapter. =))