I know you will

Cruel

"Jonghyun hyung wake up already!" Taemin shouted cutely. Jonghyun's eyes snapped open in an instant. Onew's laughter then filled his ears. Jonghyun groaned and sat up. "Hyung, why did you act dead in an alley? And what's with the broken ankle I just healed and the broken bricks?" Taemin asked as he helped Jonghyun up. "I found Kibum. But... things just got worser..." He mumbled. Taemin's eyes widen. "You fought with him right?! Hyung I told you that it-" "For goodness sake! Taemin-ah! Let your hyung explain before your imagination run wild!" Jonghyun exclamined as he pinched his temples. "I didn't fought with him. Apparently, Minho- that bastard -while searching through his soul the other day, caused some internal damage. He caused Kibum to have a broken rib and... caused him to become blind..." After Jonghyun finished silence, it became silent suddenly. Taemin just stared at his hyung in disbelief and Onew was pinching his temples. "W-what? Blind?!" Taemin exclaimed. Jonghyun sighed and nodded his head. "And that... thing tht 'possessed' him the other time went crazy about how 'we hurt his master' and just beat the hell out of me..." Jonghyun added. The trio flew back to the mansion immediately after that. 

They held a meeting. A serious one. Jonghyun split up all their group members, some to search the city, while the others stay in the mansion just in case Kibum comes back. When Jonghyun was reading out the last group's duty, the large doors of the mansion suddenly slammed open and a 'thud!' followed after. All of the people around the dinning table immediately turn their attention to the doors. Onew rushed to the doors with Jonghyun following right behind. Both of them widen their eyes. Kibum was on the floor. His huge sweater was torn and his wrist had broken chains wrapped around them. There were brusies everywhere on his body- hands, face and legs. His hands were trembling. Onew kneeled down beside him and gathered his limbs in his arms. He carried him bridal-styled into the room he was in the other day. But Onew had a little difficulty because of the chains around Kibum's wrist. "Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun, let's go! The others are dismissed!" He shouted as he climbeed up the stairs.

Taemin sat beside Kibum's bruised body, eyes closed in concentration. The glow from him slowly fades and he opens his eyes. "This is no good hyung! I can't heal the bruises! And I can tell he has a few broken bones!" Taemin exclaimed with tears in his eyes. All the others in the room began to panic. Taemin was the best 'doctor' in the mansion. Even he couldn't do anything, what makes yout think the others knew? Suddenly, a cough is heard. They turn their attention to Kibum. His now grey eyes were staring at the ceiling. He was opening and closing his mouth but nothing was coming out of it. The others stood there dumbly, not knowing what to do. Then, Kibum reached his hands up, the broken chains still around his wrist. He weakly wrapped his fingers around Taemin's cross that was hung on Taemin's neck. he closed his eyes and both Taemin and Kibum started glowing a colour of white. Though slowly, Kibum's bruises started disappearing, one by one. When the glow faded, his eyes was closed again and his hand fell from Taemin's necklace. "...W-what just happened?" Onew stuttered. "H-He... healed himself..." Taemin muttered. "So is he going to be fine?" Jonghyun asked, walking nearer the two on the bed. "He is fine... He is just sleeping." Taemin said and slowly place Kibum's hand that had fallen on his lap on the bed. He then pushed the others out of the room.

"He needs to rest..." Taemin mutters as he closes the room's doors. He then sighed and made his way back to his room, head hung low. Minho followed. Taemin sat at the edge of his bed, crying silently. Then a knock was heard. Minho open the doors slowly and made his way inside before closing the door. "What's wrong Taemin?" He asked as he slowly sat at Taemin's side.

"Hyung... I'm so useless." Taemin muttered.

"What are you saying Taemin?"

"I'm so useless. I couldn't even heal Kibum hyung's injuries... I'm so damm useless!"

"Taemin..." Minho paused as he wrapped his arms around his crying friend, "...It's not that you're useless. It's because Kibum hyung is special. He is different from humans. He'll have injuries that even you or anyone else won't be able to heal. He's different, ok? It's not your fault."

Taemin wrapped his arms around Minho, sobbing on his chest. "I was so scared hyung! I thought Kibum hyung was going to die right then and there! He was bleeding internally, his broken bones were pressing on some of his organs and he could have died!"

"I know, I know. But remember, it wasn't your fault. So just forget about all this and sleep. I'll stay with you tonight." And with that, Minho laid down with Taemin is his arms.

Both of them then slipped into a deep slumber.

'It wasn't your fault and it never will be... It was mine...' Minho thought just before closing his eyes.

 

The next morning came and everyone was in Kibum's room, waiting for him to wake up. Kibum's eyes flutters open. "Hyung are you okay? Do you feel any pain?" Taemin asked as he held onto Kibum's hand. Kibum just stared at the ceiling with blank eyes. He raised his hand and wave them about as if he wanted to touch something. "Hyung?" Taemin asked as he grabs onto Kibum's hand. Kibum let his hand fall to his side and closed his eyes again. "Are you okay hyung-" Taemin stopped talking when he saw tears rolling down Kibum's cheeks from his closed eyelids.

Then another, another and another...

Kibum cried silently and Taemin's grip on his hands tighten. "It's going to be hard for you to regain your eyesight but hyung... I promise you that you will have them back. I promise. I know you will." Taemin said with determination laced with every word he said. Everybody's attention, including Jonghyun who has been leaning onto a wall, turn to him. But Taemin just stared at Kibum's crying figure with one thing : Determination.