CHAPTER 07: WHEN REALITY HITS!

~~CHOCOLATE LOVE~~

It had been 3 days after the crying incident at Myungsoo's house. Sungyeol can't face that jerk properly at school. Visions of Myungsoo jabbing him with cruel words or curse him repeats right before his eyes. He was scared. He's scared to face Myungsoo. "I still don't know what that Devil would do to me. Should I ask Miss Angeliy to stop our tutoring thingy?" He physically slaps himself. "No no no! I need that money. Plus, Mom is not quite well too these days."

He let his mind wander off. He almost bumped onto the locker and mentally cursed his bad luck. Sungyeol opened the small door and something fell. He picked it up. It's a piece of paper with messy handwriting. "Meet at the old locker room after school. Not coming? Then say bye-bye to your beautiful face Lee Sungyeol!"

"Ugh! Talking about luck! Now why do I need to follow your words Mr. Devil Head? You're not my mom and you can't tell me what to do and what I can't do. Arggh!!! GO DIE YOU KIM DEVIL MYUNGSOO!!!" Sungyeol was now literally banging, kicking and cursing the poor old locker. Every students in the hallway paused on their tracks only to watch the Nerd Lee Sungyeol raging and cursing over the school's badass, Kim Myungsoo.

Couple of freshmen; a chubby and skinny girl, whispering with each other, "Yah, why did he mentioned Myungsoo's name?"

"I don't know, but I would not if I'm him. Everybody know that if you messed up with Myungsoo, you would not come to school next morning!"

The chubby guy shrieked, "What will happen?"

"I'll snapped their heads and give them to my dogs~"

"AGHHH!!! IT'S KIM MYUNGSOO!!!"

Both ran for their lives and the hallway immeadetly desserted. No one would like to involved with Myungsoo. Meanwhile, Sungyeol who had just finish slamming the locker down paled as soon as he saw Myungsoo coming over. Quickly he straighten his back, took his books and strode away. "Did he heard I'm cursing over him? Oh my!!! What if he did hear it? I'm dead!"

"LEE SUNGYEOL!" 

Sungyeol stopped in his track. Myungsoo hovers over him. Although he needs to tip-toe a bit. "I-I'll go see you after school. I promise." He averted his gaze. Myungsoo lips twitched into a smirk. He lift Sungyeol's face with his index finger and brought their face close. "Did you said your mom was unwell?" The taller blinked rapidly. He wasn't sure because of the close distant or because Myungsoo was using a very gentle voice. But he knew for sure that there were thousands of butterflies inside his stomach.

"Y-yes, it's just a cold. No biggie," Sungyeol's words drifted into a sad tone. The truth was, Sungyeol's mom got an acute bronchitis. But Sungyeol still don't have enough money to bring her to a much good doctor. For now, she only survive with the cough medicine from pharmacy. Myungsoo was quick enough to notice the slight changes in Sungyeol's tone and expression.

He pulled back and cleared his throat. "Well too bad then. Let's just skip our class for today. Just take care of your mom properly at home. I'll see you later." Sungyeol was in dazed. Before he could say anything, Myungsoo strode away. "What..."

"And by the way, I promise that I would study properly at home today." He flashed a small smile and walks away. Sungyeol held his chest and stomach. His heart's hammering very fast! And also his stomcah was twisting and turning like he needs to go to the toilet! 

"Lee Sungyeol! What are you doing here? Class would start soon. Go to your class now!" a teacher shouted.

"A-ah yeah. Sorry!" He sprinted towards class while fantasize Myungsoo's warm smile.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Mom I'm home!"

Loud cough could be heard from upstairs. Sungyeol sighed. The cough medicine effect seems to slow down now. His mother had been coughing and throwing up for days. He opens the bedroom door. "Mom you alright?"

Mrs. Lee looks up from an old album she's holding. "Ah, Yeollie. Sorry I didn't hear your'e home. I'm alright son. Those cough medicine that you bought works magic you know!" Sungyeol flashed a sad smile. "Great to hear that. What are you looking at mom?" He went towards his mom and sat beside her on the bed. Mrs. Lee chuckled. 

"Just reminiscene good memories. Here look. Your first photo! Ouhhh you are so cute Lee Sungyeol!"

Both mother and son got caught up in memories. They flipped through form page to page, one album after another. Until they both fell asleep. Sunngyeol was awoken by the sound of ringing bell. He carefully removes his mom's head from his chest and laid it on the pillow before going down. "Coming!!!" 

He twist the doorknob and almost bumped his face onto the rough surface. Is today April 1st? Is this an April Fool's prank? Because the school's jerk, Mr. Devil Head, Snake's Tounge and many more, Kim Myungsoo, was standing in front of his door. Grinning like a little child with a basket in his hand. "Myungsoo?" he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Urm... I mean. Hey, what are you doing here?"

Myungsoo smiles sheepishly. "Well, when you said your mom is not well. I thought about giving her this soup. I made it myself."

Sungyeol was totally at lost. "Ah... Well, do come in. I'll call her." He opened the door wider and Myungsoo walks in. Before Sungyeol could went upstairs, his mother came down first. "Ouh, Yeol! Who is this young man?" Sungyeol scratched his neck awkwardly. "Hello, Aunty. My name is Myungsoo. I'm Sungyeol's student. He's my tutor from school."

Mrs.Lee was suprised. "My... Sungyeol! you never told me about this," she was very touched actually. She knew that eversince her husband passed away, Sungyeol disconnect himself from his social life. She don't know why but it does worried her. Because the cheery Lee Sungyeol she knew long ago, had gone. "I-I was planning to... Guess I forgot." He shrugged.

"I think Sungyeol forgot to tell you. Don't be mad at him. Aunty, I brought chicken soup for you. SInce Sungyeol said you were unwell. Would you like to try?" Myungsoo sheepishly asked. 

The lanky guy was totally getting crazy over there. What had happend to the Kim Myungsoo he knew! Did someone knocked him too hard or did the real myungsoo got abducted by the alien?! Then who's this guy in his house right now? "Sungyeol, what are you doing there? Come, let's eat!" his mother called from the kitchen. 

The three of them sat around the small dining table. Myungsoo must admit that Sungyeol's house was very small compared to his. But there's one thing here that his mansion don't have. Sungyeol's place got the vibe of a real house! When he first step into Sungyeol's house, he could feel the warmness and a fuzzy feeling got into him. It made him felt like he was welcomed and loved. Or maybe because of the guy that looked dumbfounded when he opened the door, made Myungsoo feel that way. 

Eversince the incident at his house, Myungsoo literally thought about him everyday. Sungyeol would appear in his dream, when he was watching tv or even bullying people! Lee Sungyeol had invaded his mind, his heart and soul. He knew how cheesy it sounded but it didn't felt wrong at all. He thinks taht he likes, no! He realized that he loves Lee Sungyeol.

"Myungsoo!!!" 

Myungsoo snapped out from his cloud of thoughts. "Urm.. what?" he didn't know for how long he had been spacing out. He didn't even heard Sungyeol had been calling out his names for ages! "My mom said your chicken soup is delicious and she had excused herself to take a nap while you're zoning out!" Sungyeol said curtly. Hey, it's his house. He could be mean towards Myungsoo here. 

"Ah, I'm sorry." He smiled in embarrasment. "No biggie. Here, I made a hot choc for you. Since someone said that coffee is not his standard." Looks like Sungyeol still angry with Myungsoo's statement few days ago. Myungsoo decides to play it cool. He sat there and took a sip of the chocolate beverage. Totally not aware of glances that Sungyeol threw towards him. 

When his taste bud came in contact with the beverage he almost spit it out! He ran towards the sink and cleans off his tounge! "What in the hell was that! LEE SUNGYEOL!!!" 

Sungyeol clutched his stomach and laugh his off. "Oh my goodness! you should see your face just now! PRICELESS!!! AHAHAH!!!" Myungsoo frowned and sat back on the chair in annoyance. If he didn't admit to himslef that he likes Sungyeol, maybe there would no more chance for that lanky guy to see sunrise tomorrow. After Sungyeol had come down from his high, he slurped his luke warm coffee.

Before Sungyeol could swallow them, Myungsoo cupped his jaw, latched his thin lips onto his plump one's and in the contains from Sugnyeol's mouth. "MYUNGSOOOOOOO!!!" the said guy smirks smugly and e his lips. "I never thought coffee taste great!" Sungyeol grabbed a fork near him and tried to plunge it towards Myungsoo. "You Devil Head! Come here! I'll stab you with this fork!" Myungsoo got up and ran aroud the kitchen.

Then both of them ended up running around the living room like a little child. Mrs. Lee saw everything from the top stairs. "If he gives you happiness son. I'll be happy for you too." She smiled and went into her room. 

So now, without even both of them voice out what they felt towards each other, they knew it. They knew that it was love. So they didn't even care to said it out themselves. Let action speaks for them. 

                                                                                                            THE END