Fluff Academy

Kaisoo Drabbles

                “Does anyone know the answer to number one?” the teacher asked, and as usual, Kyungsoo’s hand shot up in the air. “Yes, Kyungsoo-ssi?”

                “The square root of three divided by two,” he said smartly.

                “Right again,” she congratulated him. “Number two, anyone?” Kyungsoo’s hand went up again.

                “God, he’s annoying,” Sehun whispered to Jongin. “Such a know-it-all.”

                “Y-yeah,” Jongin agreed absentmindedly.

                “And his eyes…they creep me out,” Sehun continued, doodling on his desk in ink.

                “They’re big,” Jongin said. “Hey, you shouldn’t do that.”

                “Oh come on, what does it matter?” Sehun scoffed, continuing his doodle.

                “It’s vandalism,” Jongin said.

                “Whatever. I’m a vandal, right?” Sehun laughed.

                “Sehun-ssi! Jongin-ssi!” the teacher said suddenly. “Would you like to share your conversation with the entire class?”

                “No,” Sehun grumbled, looking down.

                “Then I suggest you continue it after class and pay attention.”

                “What a ,” Sehun murmured, but Jongin wasn’t listening. Kyungsoo had moved onto answering question five.

                For the past few weeks, Jongin hadn’t found Kyungsoo annoying. And his big eyes weren’t creepy at all. In fact, he found himself wishing that Kyungsoo would turn to the back of the classroom and look at him, but he never did.

                Jongin and Sehun weren’t exactly the popular guys, but more of the troublemakers of the school. And Kyungsoo was undeniably a nerd. Jongin had girls confessing to him left and right, but none of them struck him like Kyungsoo did. He freely admitted that he had a little more than a crush on Kyungsoo.

                Well, not exactly freely, but at least to himself.

                “Jongin. Jongin,” Sehun said, nudging Jongin and awaking him from his daydream.

                “What?” Jongin snapped, glaring at Sehun.

                “She’s assigning partners for a project. Let’s hope we get paired together!”

                Fat chance, Jongin thought. The person he really wanted to be paired with was—

                “Do Kyungsoo-ssi,” the teacher said loudly, “with…”

                Please, please, please, Jongin prayed. It would be like something out of a manhwa if he were to be paired with Kyungsoo.

                “Oh Sehun-ssi.”

                “What?” Sehun complained. “With the nerd? Oh God. Sunsaengnim! Can we trade partners?”

                “No, Sehun-ssi,” she replied curtly. “Kim Jongin-ssi, you’ll be with Kim Hyuna-ssi.”

                “And of course you’d be paired with the hottest girl in the class,” Sehun pouted. “It’s not fair.”

                “Yeah, it , huh?” Jongin breathed, glancing at Kyungsoo, who was looking extremely put-off.

                “Well, not for you,” Sehun replied, watching Hyuna flip her hair.

                “Mm,” Jongin responded, still looking up at the front of the classroom.

                “Alright,” the teacher said, “meet with your partner and discuss how you’re going to split up the tasks. You have an hour.”

                Sehun sat stubbornly in his seat until Kyungsoo walked over. It was the closest Jongin had ever gotten to Kyungsoo, so he didn’t even notice when Hyuna walked over as well.

                “Jongin-ssi?” she said, “Are we going to work here then?”

                “Yes!” Sehun said loudly. She looked at him awkwardly but sat down anyway.

                “Oh Sehun-ssi, right?” Kyungsoo said, and Sehun nodded.

                “I’m Kim Jongin,” Jongin introduced himself, bowing his head slightly.

                “I know,” Kyungsoo said, looking over at Jongin as if he had two heads. Jongin mentally kicked himself for his foolish beginning.

                The rest of the class was no less embarrassing than his first interaction with the guy he liked.

                


 

 

                “Dude, what got into you? You were stuttering like crazy the entire time. Wait, do you have a thing for Hyuna? Just for the record, I called her first,” Sehun babbled on as they ate their lunch.

                But really, all Jongin could think of was Kyungsoo’s pale, soft-looking skin, and his black hair that somehow looked better on him than anyone else Jongin had ever seen. Those big brown eyes that just looked straight into Jongin’s soul.

                “Jongin! God, you keep spacing out today. Did you hear me?” Sehun said, poking Jongin again.

                “What?” Jongin asked as Kyungsoo walked into the room. Jongin’s eyes were suddenly fixed upon Kyungsoo, and even when Kyungsoo glanced over at him, he didn’t break eye contact.

                But Kyungsoo did. And even more peculiarly, he blushed.

                Suddenly, Jongin was blushing too.

                “Jongin!” Sehun said again.

                “What?” Jongin cried.

                “Think you can introduce me to Hyuna? I did call her first, you know, so…”

                “Sure,” Jongin sighed, wishing he could be formally introduced to Sehun’s partner as well.

                “You’re the best,” Sehun grinned.



 

 

                “Jongin-ssi,” Kyungsoo said, marching up to them with a strange expression on his face. “Can I talk to you for a moment?”

                “Uh…” Jongin replied, dumbfounded that Kyungsoo would be talking to him. “Yeah.” He followed Kyungsoo into the hallway, where Kyungsoo looked up at him seriously.

                “I…I,” Kyungsoo started. “I don’t know how to say this, but…is there…I mean…”

                “Can I start?” Jongin asked, taking a deep breath.

                “Start what?” Kyungsoo wondered, looking very confused.

                “Uh…the conversation,” Jongin said awkwardly.

                “I…I guess?” Kyungsoo said, with equal awkwardness.

                “I like you,” Jongin said.

                “Well, thank y—”

                “No, I mean, I like you,” Jongin said, turning red.

                “W-what? Really?” Kyungsoo choked. “I…I was going to tell you the s-same thing…”

                “EH?” Jongin cried. “Wait, but…I don’t even know you that well.”

                “Exactly,” Kyungsoo laughed in embarrassment. “Wah, I can’t believe this.”

                “So…”

                “So…”

                “I guess I’ll tell Sehun that he can have Hyuna, then,” Jongin laughed.

                “Oh, you have her?”

                “Nah,” Jongin continued. “The entire time I was kind of…well, you know, I was into you…he thought I was into her. So, yeah. Wanna go out?”

                Kyungsoo laughed. “I thought you’d never ask.”



 

A/N: Hi guys! Thanks for being so patient. I was having fluffy cliche feels today so I whipped this up. Just for fun~ 

I'm glad y'all liked (or at least tolerated) chapter 1 and I think I may write something similar one day. But today is fluffy.

ALSO PLEASE JOIN MY CONTEST~

♥ Exie